Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: dogg... I fought this Rose once
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=239542&mesg_id=240875
240875, RE: dogg... I fought this Rose once
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Aug-28-10 12:42 PM
>>- Humans have no qualms about cross-up into throw
>shenanigans.
>>Or just throw shenanigans = my whole offense type of stuff
>in
>>general. On some old win and get a D for offense steez. The
>>CPU doesn't do that unless they're playing with Gief or
>Hawk.
>
>I was basically kept into a zone. Could not jump = Air throw.
>Couldn't rush in or think because a throw would come after
>some ticking
>
>they all kept losing to Gief. Which means if I get a chance
>again, they will learn the error of their throw cheesing
>ways....

I'm getting better at seeing the cheesethrows coming and countering as harshly as possible (and verbally countering with a 'throw that, bitch'..my mic is never on btw).

I'm a C+ and prolly will be forever. Still having MAJOR losing streaks countered with a few wins here and there.

- I Fought a cool as Gen that barely beat me out
- Still hate fighting Vega
- Lots of Blankas lately..ehh
- Akuma/Ken is becoming the new Ryu in that I'm playing those characters a lot..throwfest/SRK-dependent Kens make me want to retire from all games..wild cheesy
- Lots of Sakuras too..she's cool I guess. Some of her combos are criminally easy to pull off/get caught in..gotta have something to counter the health
- Over this whole time, I've fought a handful of Goukens. Some folks were just trying something, a couple of them were around my level but I beat most of them, and I got beatdown by 2 higher-level goukens.
- THawk can eat a dick. The same one that Gief can eat..just a little moreso.
- Makoto is soo great..saw a couple of vids (Violent vRyu) that had her looking straight lethal.

Throw-cheesing/tick-throwing/crossover-throwing...soooo, apparently folks who play with pads have a button mapped to light punch+short kick? Is THAT why I'm having such an issue getting out of OBVIOUS throw-shenanigan situations? Do I just have bad timing? Or is the throwing cancel window so small that its hard to get? I ask cuz I'm just blown away by the volume of folks who clearing realize/feel that throwing is somewhat frowned upon but they use it as a major part of their game. Other times, I've had matches where everything was going..focus attacks, counters, footsies, mindgames, dashing, battling, good stuff. Then, things get down to the wire and here comes the throw shenanigans..like they KNOW its shady, but they're trying to get out a win. C'mon man!

Jimaveli