Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjecttruth is with Dan...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=239542&mesg_id=240589
240589, truth is with Dan...
Posted by Dr Claw, Sun Aug-22-10 08:41 PM
>I took on a Dan this morning. Got straight owned. I had no
>idea how to defend the Dan rushdown. Also didn't know that the
>Dan short jump kick had the type of priority that he used it
>for. Without me knowing how to slow that down, he get get in
>my face whenever. He did a couple of throw shenanigan tactics
>on me to make sure I was aware that I was playing an online
>opponent. And of course, dude was all about the taunts. I got
>stunned at least twice. I "fought" him twice. If I pulled one
>round out of my ass, I don't remember it or how. I got P'd at
>least once. One round it was down to the wire but I Gouken
>slid my ass right into a Dan ultra 1 for the L...didn't
>realize that he switched ultras from one match to the next.
>That reminded me.

because his normals suck, and very few of his moves are "free" (if even a few frames short of such) framewise a lot of his game is due to people not expecting to face him. The LK "Dan Kick" is a common weapon in his poking arsenal. The HK one is only used for crossups and in combos mostly. the throwing game is also a good deal of his game.

There are a few elite Dan players online, I wonder if you faced one of them. I can't believe someone actually used U1 in a game where U2 is available though... U2 is one of those things that actually put Dan in the "viable" column this time around, because of the fact that you can either FADC or set it up much like Ryu's Metsu Hadouken.

U1 is good for interruption but setting it up takes a lot of meter (basically your only option is to Super Taunt into it after a super canceled Gadouken)...or else you have to hit with a full focus crumple.

I'm grateful for the bit of buff he's been given but sometimes I wish Capcom would stop intentionally making him suck and make him a "regular" fighter with jokey properties (i.e. a certain fat ass I despise) so that I can get my true rushdown Shoto on. I think the closest besides this game he's ever gotten that status was in Pocket Fighter, of all games. LOL.