Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectwhat are people doing w/Vega?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=239542&mesg_id=240517
240517, what are people doing w/Vega?
Posted by Dr Claw, Fri Aug-20-10 12:20 PM
>- I still hate all Ryus..even the scrubs. That insane overhead
>into combo business chaps my hide. When I beat a Ryu, I want
>to turn on my mic and cuss at them for playing with that lame
>bastard.

LMFAO. Ryu is some bullshit.
Even with the nerfs. He's always just been "good". Near the top if he isn't the best character. I can't play him because my Dan game continually influences how I play all other "shotos" -- that I try to rush down more than I do the zone game.

re: Gouki (Akuma) -- now HE is some bullshit. Forget the air fireballs, those are garnish. His ground game is absolutely nasty. He can get a vortex of sorts going.

>- I love Makoto and the ways folks try to play her..her low
>health is a tragedy.

I've always loved Makoto (no Kells). but she is an ill fit for this game's mechanics and her health kills her. I can't believe she's considered "worse than Dan". LOL, when 3rd Strike Online comes out people will be using her like they use Ryu and Ken and Juri. She is flaming in that game.

>- El Fuerto..ehh..not really liking the way folks play him
>either. Played a B who splashed his way through life. Cheaped
>me twice ftw.

El Asso Wipo (or as we call him, simply "E!") is a nuisance, because of his constant movement. I can beat him with Dan but I have to be very, very, aggressive, and make no mistakes (in other words, I'd have to be on a pad).

>- Blanka...I forgot he was on the game. Didn't like the way
>folks played him either. Basically, I pretty much hate playing
>all charge characters.

I actually hate fighting him more than Guile or N! (Dictator/M. Bison/Vega). Because of his "button mash" anti-air. This is beyond his crazy normals and his charge/turtle game.

>- I can't beat Balrog. That is all. I'll have to training room
>my way to that. I HAVE to figure out what stops what, because
>I refuse to believe that Gouken doesn't have anything to stop
>the typical Balrog shenanigans. Right now it just feels that
>way.

The Butt Washin' Man (Boxer/Rog/Bison) is a killer. I'm not sure of the Gouken match up but he basically is good against anyone who has to depend on fireballs to survive. Plus, he has a moderately easy Ultra (I) set up, off his "Buffalo" move.

>- Guile's EX flash kick is some boolsheet. The reach is what
>has me sensitive. I played a B Guile (from my job)..got beat 6
>times straight on 3 outta 5 rounds. A few of them were down to
>the last hit on the last round, but still...lost. I EX Gouken
>Blocked Guile's ultra. That ain't right.

LOL @ Gouken Blocked. I remember famously getting my ass kicked at a tournament against someone using Gouken. I can't get inside with Dan at all... you have to get the zone game up. And... if you didn't already know... Throw into Ultra = Cheese