Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectLet me say this...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=231837&mesg_id=232058
232058, Let me say this...
Posted by thelonestranger, Thu May-13-10 10:00 AM
do we expect you guys to count in your head how many points you have in the paint while you're playing?? - NO

do we expect you to NOT take the layup/dunk when a guy on a fastbreak is streaking to the basket?? - NO

do we expect you to inbound the ball...and mash turbo down the floor, crossover and run to the paint every trip down the floor? - NO

taking what is given is one thing, but abusing the post is another. We're all adults here (or so I thought), and you guys are right, this IS JUST A VIDEO GAME.

Blassfemur does have a VERY valid point...in a sense you have some guys actually trying to be aware of not getting into the habit of looking for a dunk/layup every time down the floor that are playing against guys that just plain don't give a fuck which makes for a not so fun gaming experience (which is why I thought we were all playing this game in the first place....to HAVE FUN).

But in any game/sport/competition, there are rules/guidelines and codes of conduct. Granted nothing was spelled out before we started, and this has been something that has been brought up before...but it has NEVER been this bad.

All the shit talking is cool (it's natural...well at least to me it is). But don't talk shit when 60 of your 72 points are scored in the paint and you wait until you're up 15 points to start taking 15-footers in an effort to "mix it up". Shit is weak...

I also have no problems taking my Ls "like a man", but for you guys to sit here and act like what's going on is not a PROBLEM amazes me.

THERE IS NO WAY IN THE WORLD THAT 70 - 80% of your points in this game should be coming from ONE AREA OF THE FLOOR. I've played EVERYONE in this league, and NOBODY'S defense is that bad as to where they are just giving up this many point due to blown coverages.

Is the problem just that you guys are afraid to lose? I mean after all...it's just a video game right???

With that being said...LB, I'm on board with lowering the dunks in traffic slider, and whatever else that needs to be done to level things out.