Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subject"No sex. Just cleaned the bar." - ME2 post pt 2
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=223135
223135, "No sex. Just cleaned the bar." - ME2 post pt 2
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Feb-22-10 03:36 AM
Can we get another Mass Effect 2 post?

Last one killing my cheap PC; no jokes.

Or are y'all over this one already?

If not, this is a post about appreciated one liners in video games.
223136, lol, who said that?
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Mon Feb-22-10 04:19 AM
223137, Asari bartender on Illium
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Feb-22-10 04:25 AM
her whole dialogue branch was a high point of the planet.
223138, finally ordered it when the price dipped to 48 on amazon last week
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Feb-22-10 04:27 AM
should be here on tuesday, but i'm going to give me1 another run through before I play it.

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/rjcc.png

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at
223139, Two makes me want to play through One again.
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Feb-22-10 05:04 AM
There are certain things I miss, and certain nuances I think I might better appreciate after seeing more what BioWare is doing with this trilogy.

I wasn't quite yet kickin' when the original Star Wars movies cames out (first two anyway), but I imagine the feeling would be similar.
223141, Waiting on DLC news.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Feb-22-10 07:54 AM
And trying to decide if I wanna go through on Insanity. If anything, I'd wanna go through the game with that Cerberus shotty.
223144, I still haven't beat it
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Feb-22-10 08:02 AM
But I'm curious if the nature of how the story wraps should be any limitation on what they can do with DLC.
223145, RE: I still haven't beat it
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Feb-22-10 08:13 AM
I'd think as long as you have an ending within the canon (where Shep doesn't die), things should be okay. You'll just have possibly less people to do DLC missions with.

Whatever DLC comes out, I need to be able to recruit someone to feed my fucking fish, since I wasn't able to save my Kelly-Belly.
223146, She hasn't fed my fish yet.
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Feb-22-10 08:15 AM
That relationship gets sirius!
223209, I'm playing on insanity now. It's ridiculously hard.
Posted by BrillRick, Mon Feb-22-10 03:35 PM
Here are the differences I see so far (between this and Veteran difficulty):

- Every enemy has a shield and/or armor you have to wittle down before you can kill them
- There are more enemies in every section
- It takes a lot less shots for you to die (like 3-4 if you aren't shielded)
- I'm not sure, but it seems like there are more Krograns and Vorcha Pyros coming at me.

I don't see how anyone could play Insanity on their first playthrough. I carried over my character that I used to beat the game once, and it's absolutely necessary.
- You get to keep all your weapons and squad points
- You get to keep your level
- You start off with 50,000 of each mineral
- Your allies get to keep their levels and abilities
- You get to choose an additional ability (chosen from whose loyalty you had in the first game). This means you can potential have 2 loyalty bonus abilities.
223228, thanks for this rundown
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Feb-22-10 04:33 PM
I had been curious how NG+ would work this time around.
223543, I'm learning this about most action(ish) RPG(ish) games.
Posted by JFrost1117, Wed Feb-24-10 11:12 PM
>- Every enemy has a shield and/or armor you have to wittle
>down before you can kill them

The higher the difficulty, the more magical bullshit shields and regenerative properties mofos will have. That shit is like playing "guns" on the playground and there's always one Cartman-ass mofo that wants to come up with crazy "powers" to not die like everyone else.
223546, pew pew, muhfugga
Posted by Whiteout, Wed Feb-24-10 11:39 PM
223576, I'm trying to figure out how regular ass security mechs have ARMOR.
Posted by ansomble, Thu Feb-25-10 11:38 AM
let alone some fuckin Varrens. AT LEAST MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THE VARRENS ARE WEARING BODY ARMOR.

Also, I've never understood how shields block biotic powers. That's fucking horse shit. Shields aren't biotic barriers, they are only designed to block high speed projectile fire. Shields ain't supposed to dampen mass effect fields, fuck that.
223582, It wouldn't be half as hard if your teammates weren't idiots
Posted by BrillRick, Thu Feb-25-10 01:16 PM

It seems that all I do now is use medigel. I've ran out of medigel many times because my squad would just run out of cover just waiting to be hit. Sometimes they just stand on top of tables with no cover so that they can get hit.

Not only that, since i'm near the start of the game, i only get a max of 3 medigels. It bloody annoying. I'm grinding through though.

I will say it has forced to create better battle strategies now. I'm surveying the land to make sure my teammates aren't out of cover. I'm using the left and right digital pad to place them in good positions and also to have them use a preset power.

The new strategy is Shepard - Warp, Miranda - Warp, (if they still have armor, then shoot, shoot shoot; once armor is down i do Zaeed's Concussive shot or Shepards Freeze attack.
223199, i just spent the last 14-15 hours playin
Posted by Gutterbird, Mon Feb-22-10 02:33 PM
what a gaaaaaaaaame... especially after coming off the heels of fallout 3 (late pass)

i fucked up and went to the defense of Jack instead of Miranda during they cat fight, now Miranda aint tawmbout SHIT! ima hit tho...

im gaining progess with jack, but like dude said in the other ME2 post, i dont think the nice talk works wells with her lol...

oh and i already had my lil date with Kellz and i got the broad feedin my fishys... they bitch stay wet for me...

and somehow i fucked up the dialogue with Samara's daughter (and thus fucked up the side mission) so i doubt she'll be givin it up anytime soon...

i aint run into them other broads ya'll listed yet tho...
_________________ _ _ _
twitter.com/gudda_b
formspring.me/guddaBERD

for the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved by my penis.
223200, really is on some other shit
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Feb-22-10 02:37 PM
Got folks of all ranges INVESTED.
223203, dude
Posted by Gutterbird, Mon Feb-22-10 02:59 PM
and i JUST watched that new True Life: Im Addicting To Gaming episode last night before i rented it, like "thats gonna be me the minute i start playin this game"...

sho nuff... ima have to get a gamefly subscription for this one...
_________________ _ _ _
twitter.com/gudda_b
formspring.me/guddaBERD

for the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved by my penis.
223204, oh and between "space kanye"
Posted by Gutterbird, Mon Feb-22-10 03:07 PM
miranda's ass... its nice to see black game creators obviously making their mark lol...

_________________ _ _ _
twitter.com/gudda_b
formspring.me/guddaBERD

223208, rrrLol
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Feb-22-10 03:34 PM
>miranda's ass... its nice to see black game creators
>obviously making their mark lol...
223202, and about the graphics
Posted by Gutterbird, Mon Feb-22-10 02:55 PM
is it me or does everything (minus the actual character skins/faces) look like cinematic claymation? ala team america/those adult swim commercials of Atlanta...

_________________ _ _ _
twitter.com/gudda_b
formspring.me/guddaBERD

223205, funniest quote i heard 2nd time thru:
Posted by steelreserve40, Mon Feb-22-10 03:17 PM
go back to tachanka after completing grunts message, when your walking in, EDI messages you:

"since completing the ceremony, there have been several requests for mating with Grunt. And one for Shephard"
223206, Lol. No thanks to boning a stegosaurus.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Feb-22-10 03:19 PM
223210, has there been an on-screen Krogan female?
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Feb-22-10 03:36 PM
They could be bad for all we know. Krogan got that Mitochondria on lock.
223227, Nope.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Feb-22-10 04:25 PM
There's a dead one on Tuchanka, but she's covered up.
223225, I got that, I was looking for them
Posted by crow, Mon Feb-22-10 04:20 PM
Shep's an equal opportunist plus couldn't hurt to get Grunt some.
223230, I'm pretty sure that's all he self-aware ass needs
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Feb-22-10 04:35 PM
He reminds me of 'a friend' who turns self-critical when they aren't getting any.
223231, Eventually, I'm gonna have to play ME1 again and import for renegade.
Posted by cskncream, Mon Feb-22-10 04:39 PM
After beating it with my imported character, I wanted to play as a renegade female and just started with a new ME2 character. Yeah, I still got the bonuses for beating the game, but I hated missing the extras you get for completing side missions in the first one. (i.e. Conrad, Gianna Parsini, Helena Blake, etc.)

Also, it made some terrible ME1 plot decisions for me. Kaiden alive? Yeah, no. Apparently I had appointed Udina the head of the council, which I had let die. I suppose that I could deal with, but the final straw was that Wrex was dead. I had to deal with some dude named Wreav. Unacceptable.

So, inevitably, I'll go back to ME1 and play as a renegade and import her. I missed out on some imported paragon/renegade points by not importing too, so I wasn't quite gully enough to make a "decision" on Samara's loyalty mission.
223235, I'm going through again right now for the same reason
Posted by crow, Mon Feb-22-10 04:49 PM
Except Wrex lived and I def fucked up Kaiden.
223238, Lol, my renegade playthrough on ME1 was a trail of bodies
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Feb-22-10 05:17 PM
Rachni, Wrex, whoever. If they'd had the scarring/evil look in ME1, I'd be a fucking sun.
223243, I still feel actual guilt for abolishing that rachni like that
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Feb-22-10 07:18 PM
223331, lol, me too. stupid in-game morals...
Posted by cskncream, Tue Feb-23-10 01:54 PM
223339, Lol pssshh
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Feb-23-10 02:09 PM
I was on some super-duper fuck that shit. Like I said in another post, I think ME3 is leaning towards needing as many species as possible to defeat the Reapers, and all the assholish Shep's out there are gonna be going it alone, or with hella limited help.
223371, I want you to be right
Posted by Whiteout, Tue Feb-23-10 05:05 PM
and if so, I'm going to HAVE to replay One now, to make sure I get a save with a live Rachni.

Reading your post gave me the mental image of that queen just launching herself at some organic mechs like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAt!
223252, LOL Bioware shits all over the RPG-purists
Posted by Gutterbird, Mon Feb-22-10 08:55 PM
in the Citadel, level 28, the at the kiosk counter by Rodam Expeditions basically shits on ME2 compared to ME1 , by criticzing new RPG games that seem like they're just action and dialogue, compared to classic RPG's that make you drink water and all that shit... comedy.
223329, The video game stand has the best VG commentary ever, lol.
Posted by ansomble, Tue Feb-23-10 01:53 PM
223372, Also shits on the state of game store chains in a satirical way
Posted by Whiteout, Tue Feb-23-10 05:08 PM
And deeper, in that the level of commentary is so much beyond what you actually hear when you walk into one of those rotten joints.
223375, I like the line about getting back 2 credits for a trade-in
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Feb-23-10 05:13 PM
Like, bitch you know there ain't SHIT in this galaxy that costs 2 fuckin credits man! Lmao.
223378, My favorite things overheard...
Posted by ansomble, Tue Feb-23-10 05:42 PM
-The bachelor party happening in the bar on Ilium.
-The Krogan and his Asari girlfriend AFTER you re-unite them on Ilium near the shops and then they are on Tuchanka near the shuttle.
-Mordin's song
-EDI's and Grunt's "jokes"
-The Volus that thinks he's a biotic god during the mission to obtain Samara
-The advertisements on the Citadel:

"Shepard, you've recently been dead. Don't you deserve a fine silk burial robe?"

and the ad for the all Elcor cast of Hamlet...

Elcor: "Insincere endorsement: You have not experienced Shakespeare until you've seen it performed by Elcor."

lulz
223380, RE: My favorite things overheard...
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Feb-23-10 05:45 PM
The volus on Illium tryna get his neural receptor suit game tight, so he can smash an asari, lol. Dude dropped over 115K credits on that shit.
223381, lol, he DIDN'T have the money after she told him the price!
Posted by ansomble, Tue Feb-23-10 05:50 PM
And then the Asari called him a loser. haha.

Nigga was like,

"I want this to say: I own this room. I own you."
223510, You touched on some of my favorite things.
Posted by cskncream, Wed Feb-24-10 06:05 PM
Particularly Mordin singing Gilbert and Sullivan. Also when he's giving you sex advice. Hilarious.

Insincere endorsement was classic. I might have to start adding some Elcor-based sentiments to my posts.

(regretfully) Nah... that's a level of geek I'm not quite ready for, lol.
223581, Devilishly encouraging, keep up the good work.
Posted by JFrost1117, Thu Feb-25-10 01:03 PM
223612, generally apathetic, lol
Posted by Whiteout, Thu Feb-25-10 05:26 PM
223692, Mildly amused, I see a trend forming.
Posted by cskncream, Fri Feb-26-10 12:36 PM
224015, Hipsterly spiteful, Oh god, I hope not.
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Mar-01-10 05:17 PM
223491, This floored me: Shep@ Purgatory....
Posted by Abdurrashid, Wed Feb-24-10 02:52 PM

Shep: (speaks to Jack) "I'm here to rescue you.."
Jack: (laughs) Damn....you sound like a pussy...
Shep: ...

LOL! I'm a fan..

I know I'm not the only one who heard that dialogue tree..

The camel never sees its own hump but that of its brothers is always before its eyes - North African proverb

* "Alhamdu'llah, I need to say that more. Because my ceiling ain't but 12ft. above my floor.." - Diamond District
223641, Don't take the rock out of your ME2 crack pipes yet folks! (swipe)
Posted by JFrost1117, Fri Feb-26-10 12:22 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/25/mass-effect-2-firewalker-dlc-coming-late-march/

BioWare has detailed another dose of Mass Effect 2 DLC, dubbed the "Firewalker" pack. The upcoming release includes five missions featuring the Hammerhead vehicle, according to an update on the Cerberus Network page, part of the official Mass Effect site. BioWare co-founder Greg Zeschuk described the Hammerhead as a "hover tank," during a recent interview with Joystiq, adding, "It's not a wheeled vehicle, so it's going to have a bit of a different control scheme" than did the much-maligned Mako vehicle featured constantly in Mass Effect 1.

On the website, the Hammerhead is promoted as "a heavy assault vehicle that hovers over the battlefield at up to 120 kilometers per hour and features a guided missile system ensuring accuracy even during aggressive maneuvering." In other words, it's everything the Mako wasn't -- and it's optional.

The Firewalker DLC pack is scheduled for a "late March" release and will be accessible free of charge through the Cerberus Network in-game delivery system. Of course, nothing's really "free" when it's got Cerberus' shady name attached to it, is it, Mr. Illusive Man?
223693, Ever wonder what happens if Shep completely screws up? (spoilers, duh)
Posted by cskncream, Fri Feb-26-10 12:41 PM
This was hilarious to me. I also appreciate the Locke from Lost face.

Mass Effect 2 ending (Everyone dies) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRHhdc53Od8
223706, Sorry to lmao @ Jacob.
Posted by JFrost1117, Fri Feb-26-10 01:48 PM
Samara, Thane & Tali were pretty sad.

Saves me another playthrough, though. I wonder, can that be a canonical ending?
223714, I laughed at that, too.
Posted by cskncream, Fri Feb-26-10 02:29 PM
I was watching like "Jacob! Watch your head! Jacob! Jac... awww he's dead." I guess that's what happens when you go into the relay with no upgrades or loyalty whatsoever? For both of my playthroughs, everyone lived so all of that was completely different.

It's really going to be interesting to see how they treat the ME2 endings in ME3, especially if Shepard dies in ME2. There are so many different scenarios you can end with.

Joker staring at all of those coffins was kinda creepy, lol.
223718, Yo, I never noticed Jacob's razor bumps before
Posted by Whiteout, Fri Feb-26-10 03:15 PM
damn, that shit is mad intricate.
223719, Lol, 100+ years into the future
Posted by JFrost1117, Fri Feb-26-10 03:24 PM
Magic Shave has been discontinued. They might as well hang it up now.
223801, Fuck Jacob.
Posted by ansomble, Sat Feb-27-10 03:12 PM
223996, Space 'Ye ftw!
Posted by cskncream, Mon Mar-01-10 04:02 PM
nah... not really.
223820, damn, thane gets killed bad
Posted by xangeluvr, Sat Feb-27-10 09:55 PM
this game is crazy. how are they gonna handle all the possible endings of this game in ME3 i wonder. especially shepard. i mean, damn he's the main character.
223825, especially since *spoiler*
Posted by Whiteout, Sun Feb-28-10 12:24 AM
dude was terminal to begin with.
223785, "Hey, you're blue-shifting already."
Posted by Whiteout, Sat Feb-27-10 06:33 AM
"That's funny, right? Asari skin color and the Doppler Effect?"

'Cause no Salarian scientist figured out that property of light before that one human scientist did in the 20th century? K.
223804, I just started, still on disc one, jsut got the normandy
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Feb-27-10 04:04 PM
all I know for sure is that jane shepard is going to fuck the shit out of yeoman kelly chambers

223805, oh yes! she get that sexxed hair
Posted by Whiteout, Sat Feb-27-10 04:22 PM
>all I know for sure is that jane shepard is going to fuck the
>shit out of yeoman kelly chambers
223959, ok question
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Mar-01-10 01:26 PM
I read th walkthrough's and I want to save everyone and have loyalty from everybody.

I haven't done all the loyalty missions and I'm gonna clear those up before I find the iff and legion.

if I do legion's loyalty mission after that, does that mean I'll lose some of the crew at the end?

223960, also: the name should've been Mass Effect2: I've got Daddy Issues
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Mar-01-10 01:40 PM

223966, Lmao, very true.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Mar-01-10 01:50 PM
223968, RE: ok question
Posted by BrillRick, Mon Mar-01-10 02:03 PM
>I read th walkthrough's and I want to save everyone and have
>loyalty from everybody.
>
>I haven't done all the loyalty missions and I'm gonna clear
>those up before I find the iff and legion.
>
>if I do legion's loyalty mission after that, does that mean
>I'll lose some of the crew at the end?
>

You can only do Legion's loyalty mission. You can't do anything else, not going to the citidal, illium, omega, not one other mission other than Legion's loyalty mission. Once you do his loyalty mission, you must immediately use the IFF.
223972, k, I'll be ready
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Mar-01-10 02:39 PM
I just don't want kelly's fine ass to die

223997, So is Kanye-cob the new Tali?
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Mar-01-10 04:05 PM
I've heard so many people say they never used Tali on ME1, and it's lookin that way for Space 'Ye on ME2.
223999, ? I used Tali all the time in ME1
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Mar-01-10 04:17 PM
and I used jacob a bunch so far in me2

his flame ammo tears shit up

224001, I used Wrex and Tali in ME1 all the time
Posted by BrillRick, Mon Mar-01-10 04:23 PM
>I've heard so many people say they never used Tali on ME1,
>and it's lookin that way for Space 'Ye on ME2.

I didn't use Space'Ye that much though. I did like his loyalty mission a lot though. It was one of the more interesting missions.

My main team on my first playthrough ME2 was (Garrus or Grunt) and (Samara or Jack).

On my second playthrough on insanity i'm using Mordin and Garrus.
224003, yeah mordin and garrus is a good combo
Posted by Rjcc, Mon Mar-01-10 04:31 PM
playing a sentinel is kinda weird tho, since I overlap clasees, whoever i pick at least one of them is sort of redundant

224013, Space Ye = Kaiden imo.
Posted by cskncream, Mon Mar-01-10 05:15 PM
I used Tali a lot. In fact, hers was the first ally achievement I got. Kaiden stayed on the bench. Until it was time to kill somebody.
224019, That would've been funny if they'd written that in.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Mar-01-10 05:21 PM
Be on Illium and hear "I heard Sheppard set up Alenko's death! To get no battle time until a bomb needs detonating? Kinda funny...."
224022, Hey, he shouldn't have volunteered!
Posted by cskncream, Mon Mar-01-10 05:34 PM
Useless AND he kept getting migraines from the L2 implants? Shepard did him a favor.

If he was on the ME2, I'd STILL kill him before anyone else. Joker and EDI included.
224018, I echo the common sentiment here, tali was strong on away team
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Mar-01-10 05:21 PM
Especially with the amount of geth you fight in One. Sort of a no brainer.

Or maybe us okplayers just different
224021, I think that's something that needs better balance in 3
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Mar-01-10 05:28 PM
I think the enemies should be something you have the option of using biotics or tech on. ME1 had heavy Geth, and very few organic enemies, comparatively. ME2 has the Collectors as the main enemies, with varying sizes of mechs throughout. They even took out the need to have high electronics skill to hack safes.

If they could do it without it seeming spoon-fed in a pre-mission cutscene or something, that'd be nice.
224437, tali's good
Posted by Rjcc, Thu Mar-04-10 07:02 PM
in 1 there were so many geth she was always useful

and in 2 she's always rocking the shotty so she's not useless when her tech powers are recharging.

plus, combat drone is always a go.

227827, I always used Tali in ME1. That accent is sexy as hell.
Posted by chillinCHiEF, Wed Apr-07-10 11:24 PM
224436, ***5 New Missions + new vehicle (Hammerhead) Late March***
Posted by Abdurrashid, Thu Mar-04-10 06:54 PM

http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/cerberus/

Bioware finally coming through on the DLC promise...

224467, free is good
Posted by xangeluvr, Fri Mar-05-10 12:35 AM
can't wait.
224695, Hammerhead Demo video
Posted by JFrost1117, Sun Mar-07-10 02:04 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/86?sd=1&ch=4
224617, 'Humans are more individualistic than any other species.'
Posted by Whiteout, Sat Mar-06-10 04:46 AM
"If three humans are in a room, there will be six opinions."

Fucking lol. Samara talking about OKP boards to a tee.
224618, mordin has some straight gems
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Mar-06-10 05:05 AM

224676, He's the only one worth talking to everytime you hit Normandy deck
Posted by Whiteout, Sat Mar-06-10 07:48 PM
Even when he doesn't want to converse, his excuse changes, and they're all hilarious.

I really Like Urdnot Grunt as well. Dude is on something. Made in a vat of liquid crystal meth or some shit.
224677, the shit he says in combat has me cracking up "Goodbye"
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Mar-06-10 07:50 PM
"Flammable! or... inflammable, I forget, either way"

224679, that incinerate skill is ridic if you upgrade it as AoE
Posted by Whiteout, Sat Mar-06-10 08:10 PM
224685, zaeeds flame grenade is a beast too
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Mar-06-10 09:59 PM
whenever you have a crowd that just chews through em, same for jack and her shockwave especially once upgraded

224686, no homo, but jacob's chest was looking mighty ripped
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Mar-06-10 10:00 PM

224687, whoa @ yeoman kelly chabers dance
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Mar-06-10 10:36 PM
looks like a class 5 clinger tho

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at`
224688, finished, saved everybody w/ all loyalty, did all the side assignments
Posted by Rjcc, Sat Mar-06-10 11:08 PM
I didn't mine every single thing but I researched pretty much everything I could.

i'ma give AC2 some tick then come back for a renegade runthrough later...then another paragon for my real me3 save.

224690, mining is a waste
Posted by xangeluvr, Sun Mar-07-10 01:06 AM
only mine enough to upgrade what you want, everything else is a waste.
224699, yeah I up graded pretty much everything I could and had resources left over
Posted by Rjcc, Sun Mar-07-10 05:59 AM

224698, who was your team on the last mission?
Posted by Rjcc, Sun Mar-07-10 05:59 AM
I'm playing a sentinel

I brought thane and jack with me

even though I have heavy warp, being able to hit shielded+armored cats with my + panes warp was helpful, plus he rocks the sniper. jack has warp ammo, unfortunately not upgraded to squad warp ammo yet

and her shockwave power (flly upgraded for greater area) is great when you get a group rushing you that you don't have time to deal with cuz it puts them all on the ground and kills half straight off usually

in the first half of the last mission I went with zaeed and grunt, almost kept them for the second round too. I had sent mordin back to the shuttle already so he wasn't an option

224736, on my 2nd playthru
Posted by Gutterbird, Sun Mar-07-10 07:35 PM
- miranda and jack with me, garrus lead the other team
- sent legion thru the vents (i sent tali the 1st playthru but she runs outta air quicker)
- then miranda and thane while samara did the biotic bubble thing
- sent mourdin with the crew back to the ship so he wouldnt die
- then miranda and jack for the last standoff

saved errbody

actually, i pretty much had miranda with me for EVERY mission... that bitch is well rounded and great to look at on a big screen lol...

_________________ _ _ _
twitter.com/gudda_b
formspring.me/guddaBERD

224738, jack + area shockwave = raid to ants
Posted by Gutterbird, Sun Mar-07-10 07:38 PM
especially with them ghoul things that run at you on the derilict reaper...
_________________ _ _ _
twitter.com/gudda_b
formspring.me/guddaBERD

224740, I love that shit
Posted by Rjcc, Sun Mar-07-10 07:51 PM
it was especially key against the last boss

cuz she can control those crowds and kept them off me while I shot its eyes.

once she puts them on the ground they're easy to finish off along with whoever your other teammate is.

224742, lol exactly
Posted by Gutterbird, Sun Mar-07-10 08:24 PM
i didnt even need to shoot at the others, i just focused on the eyes and chest with my particle beam...
_________________ _ _ _
twitter.com/gudda_b
formspring.me/guddaBERD

224876, Got my Dr. Pepper visor power-up
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Mar-08-10 10:56 PM
+5% shields, lol. Thanks a lot Dr. Pepper.
224878, equipment in this game is a joke
Posted by Whiteout, Mon Mar-08-10 11:18 PM
I mean, you can do a bit of fine tuning to fit your play style, which is nice.

But we're talking 5% bonuses that are basically negligible when you consider the average of the foundation you're putting them on is pretty damn basic to begin with.

Shep's shields max out at, what 500?

Have fun with your 25 extra shield points, tho. lol.
didn't mean to get all debbie downer on you.
224879, I used DLC armors exclusively.
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Mar-08-10 11:31 PM
I upgraded and maxed out the regular N7 suit, but I pretty much kept the Collectors or Terminus armor on the whole game. Eventually, I'll do another playthrough with that last DLC armor that came out. The white Cerberus one.
224882, I don't like that Cerberus armor at all
Posted by Whiteout, Tue Mar-09-10 12:31 AM
the shotty is nice, though.

But those are the only DLC equipments that I got, because I chose to buy the game from a locally-owned shop, rather than get tied to the chains of evil.

I just remember how much customization was possible with One, given all the different armors and weapons with equipment slots, and the many, many different ammos and upgrades that could be collected to add to them -- and I can't help but think I liked that mode much more.
224888, You are not alone.
Posted by ansomble, Tue Mar-09-10 01:15 AM

>I just remember how much customization was possible with One,
>given all the different armors and weapons with equipment
>slots, and the many, many different ammos and upgrades that
>could be collected to add to them -- and I can't help but
>think I liked that mode much more.

I too, feel completely fucking duped out of a thorough RPG experience. I need there to be an equilibrium between the two for ME3.
224893, I thoroughly hope this ends up being the case
Posted by Whiteout, Tue Mar-09-10 01:30 AM
>
>I too, feel completely fucking duped out of a thorough RPG
>experience. I need there to be an equilibrium between the two
>for ME3.

As I've been saying that.

And if that's my initial gut reaction and honest appraisal after having spent 70+ hours on one playthrough, and given that BioWare seems to have actually tried to listen to the criticism fans had with One, and that this thought seems to be shared by other players, then I think that's the way they'll go.

But let's be real, I'm playing that fucking game no matter what they do. It could have game design like Mario Galaxy, and I'm still owning it on Day One.
224973, I'm mos def copping 3 but, I don't have the desire to go through
Posted by ansomble, Tue Mar-09-10 03:00 PM
as many playthroughs on 2 as I did with 1. I played through ME1 4 times.

I tired of playing through ME2 after the second playthrough. It just doesn't seem as worth it in this go around... not to mention being slightly dissappointed with the story continuations that they did.

All they did was have a character from the first do one of two things...

A) Send you a fucking e-mail acknowledging you were alive

B) Bump into you on some random planet and have you talk to someone else about something new.

No REAL story continuations. I wanted to see real lasting affects of the Rachni being saved or eradicated as well as the decision with the Thorian among other decisions.

It was just kind of like "Hey you did this in ME1, Thumbs Up/Down!"
224894, ME1 would've been great if it had
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Mar-09-10 01:34 AM
A section that was like "Hey, sell/omni-gel this shit!". Without constant management, you'd get to the end of the game with some bullshit level I items. Shit, really, since I had unlimited credits, I just bought my goon squad the spectre master gear from the Citadel and deleted that other shit.
224895, same here
Posted by Whiteout, Tue Mar-09-10 01:43 AM
>Shit, really, since I had
>unlimited credits, I just bought my goon squad the spectre
>master gear from the Citadel and deleted that other shit.

There was a balancing issue there as well. I think it would have been cool if they had programmed some kind of item creation aspect that would allow obfuscated items to be re-purposed into better gear or other items. I mean, the in-game canon makes it a point to tell us over and over that this is something the Quarians excel at. They could really do so so much with something like that without it getting complicated or cumbersome... or keeping the customization pretty much all together deleted as it was in Two.

All they have to do is take the depth that they have gotten to with their story, and allow that to naturally flow into game design decisions.
224902, i used the dragon age dlc
Posted by xangeluvr, Tue Mar-09-10 05:07 AM
that armor was pretty sweet when i played through the first time. second time i just upgraded the N7 armor. i'll probably use the collector armor next.

>I upgraded and maxed out the regular N7 suit, but I pretty
>much kept the Collectors or Terminus armor on the whole game.
>Eventually, I'll do another playthrough with that last DLC
>armor that came out. The white Cerberus one.
224972, New "Arc Projector" heavy weapon (swipe)
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Mar-09-10 02:54 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/09/mass-effect-2-gets-free-arc-projector-heavy-weapon/

Commander's Log:

Well, whaddya know? I get up this morning and ride down to Deck 2, and the first thing outta Kelly's mouth is that I have a new message at my Private Terminal. About time -- things have been hella boring around here since beating up the Collectors! Anyway, it's from Illusive Man -- who else -- with a tantalizing subject line: "Arc Projector."

So, get this: Ol' Smoking Man says Cerberus has passed off a new "advanced electrical attack device" to me. It was recently tested on some geth during a "highly successful" skirmish in the Skyllian Verge. (I won't tell Legion that part, but "they" probably already know.)

Well, I'd sure like to test it myself, but the galaxy's awfully quiet these days. I guess it's finally time to start up that New Game+ ...

–Shepard

The Arc Projector heavy weapon add-on is available for free to Mass Effect 2 owners with a Cerberus Network account.

In-game item description: "The arc projector ionizes targets with a nonvisible laser to ready them for a high-voltage electrical attack. As the lightning-like bolt hits its first target, a sophisticated autotargeting system paints succeeding targets with the ionization laser, allowing the electricity to take the path of least resistance and arc between them. An entire enemy strike team can be shocked to death with a few pulls of the trigger."
225072, Legion is my favorite addition to the canon
Posted by Whiteout, Wed Mar-10-10 03:11 AM
he died on my first playthrough, 'cause Samara is a shit leader.

Garrus FTW.
227817, Kasumi's Stolen Memory dlc available
Posted by xangeluvr, Wed Apr-07-10 09:35 PM
227819, Checking this out when I get home.
Posted by Whiteout, Wed Apr-07-10 10:36 PM
227820, Copped and finished yesterday.
Posted by JFrost1117, Wed Apr-07-10 10:52 PM
It was an interesting sidepiece, but like Zaeed, it doesn't fit well into the overall story. I'd never use that chick in a playthrough of the main game. It's basically paying $7 for 1 achievement, a new character, and a new weapon. I'd say, if you can wait, for maybe like, a sale or one big DLC pack-in, wait.
227828, I'm gonna buy so i can pick her up on my renegade run through
Posted by Rjcc, Wed Apr-07-10 11:26 PM
i'm assuming you can't hit it?

227830, You can't talk to her, like Zaeed.
Posted by JFrost1117, Wed Apr-07-10 11:36 PM
If you play through her mission, you'd see why you wouldn't be able to if you could talk to her.