Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectshould move this question in here: HELP!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=221887&mesg_id=225032
225032, should move this question in here: HELP!
Posted by Drizzit, Tue Mar-09-10 07:55 PM
anyone ever heard of Media Markt or had dealings with them? a quick google search named them the Best Buy of Germany, which is comforting, i guess, but i am still a little afraid and here is why:

i am looking at Panasonic G10s right now because the 42" is in my price point -- $790 on Amazon with free shipping. after speaking with a friend who works in AV, he suggested to look around and see how much the extra 4" would cost me. if i could find a deal for $100 or so more for the 4", he said it would be worth it. so, in my search tonight, i find that Media Markt has the 46" version of the TV i was considering at $840. this has no tax add on and the shipping is free. not only that, i can pick FedEx or UPS Express for no charge.

great, right?

concerns:
- the website looks a bit chincy. it works fine and i have ordered dvd collections from worse site with good results, but this is a significant purchase for me, so i am nervous.
- the confirmation page doesn't fill me with confidence:
>>Prepayment Goods will be delivered after the Orderamount has been transferred to our account.
>>If all the information is correct, click on the Print button and fax us the receipt to (888) 508-2597. ATTN : Order Departament
i have never had to fax an order for proof of purchase, so that seems weird, not to mention the misspellings and weird grammar.
- this really does seem too good to be true.

who knows, maybe this is just warehouse they ship out of in the states?