Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectAnyone ever play EA Sports Active on Wii?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=216948
216948, Anyone ever play EA Sports Active on Wii?
Posted by Lach, Mon Dec-28-09 09:27 AM
dammit. This game aint playing around. My wife bought it onsale at gamestop yesterday for like $30. This shit really gives you a workout. I was like this aint shit. Then 15 minutes later I was like damn I need to start exercising more. lol
216950, Oh shit, it's out fo' the thutty?
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Dec-28-09 09:47 AM
I injured my ankle on Wii Fit, but I've been wanting to get back in the game, with this particular game. I think the 30-Day Challenge thing will be up my alley, instead of Wii Fit's passive aggressive "Fuck you been at?".
217054, Copped. Thanks for the heads-up.
Posted by JFrost1117, Tue Dec-29-09 08:10 AM
218308, RE: Oh shit, it's out fo' the thutty?
Posted by LIH, Mon Jan-11-10 10:20 AM
lol wii fit is rude as hell
216957, I'm getting that for my SO's birthday
Posted by Earl Flynn, Mon Dec-28-09 11:33 AM
Feb
216959, yeah
Posted by soul creator, Mon Dec-28-09 11:56 AM
my only other exercise was playing ball at the park every once in a while, so it did help me stay in shape a bit. I've been slacking recently though. I do find it funny that it's pretty much the only thing I use my Wii for, haha.

oh yeah, and FUCK inline skating. That shit hurt!

--
Casio 4 Life: http://www.soulcreator.com/sounds/misc/Casio%204%20Life.mp3
218256, i hate that freakin' inline skating with a passion...lol...
Posted by dapitts08, Sun Jan-10-10 04:05 PM

>oh yeah, and FUCK inline skating. That shit hurt!

i never do any tricks :'(

219433, Yeah, I'm omitting this one from all future workouts, lol.
Posted by JFrost1117, Fri Jan-22-10 07:48 AM
Fuck the douche that included that exercise.
216973, Yeah I like it, except for that one excercise
Posted by Adwhizz, Mon Dec-28-09 01:49 PM
where you have to squat for a few seconds and then jump.

Also sometimes I feel like choking out the instructor for not recognizing when I actually complete an excercise
216980, this one here needs wii pro-active
Posted by universole, Mon Dec-28-09 02:33 PM
http://www.easportsactive.com/media.action#mediaId=kzdGUzMToOSGu2JsO7hnwLR94atngGW2
216991, i borrowed it from a friend
Posted by jrocc, Mon Dec-28-09 04:43 PM
i have the Wii Fit Plus. i actually like the Fit better.

Wii Fit: the balance board stuff is way better in the Fit obviously. i like the fact that the workouts are more customizable (is that a word?) and lets me do more of what i want to do. like some of the workouts i do and don't like, so i can focus more on the ones i do like and just keep doing those 10-15. or i can say, "i want to work on this area" or "i have this much time to workout" and it gives me something to work with. plus it has games which are themselves workouts. makes it more fun.

EA Active: seems like it's more set programs that you can't really change. you can kind of set custom workouts, but it's not like you can do one individual excersize if you want to. also, the majority of the excersizes are wack to me. the balance board stuff is a little silly and the resistance band is not very strong (though people say you can just get your own). the sports excersizes are all pretty terrible. very generic motions.

basically, between my Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort, i get a decent workout.
217037, I like it
Posted by somnambulant, Tue Dec-29-09 01:09 AM
I just copped the "More Workouts" one, and started the 6-week challenge. Personally, I prefer it to Wii Fit, which seems more like "Play these fun games, and you will accidentally get some exercise", as opposed to the EA Active, which feels more like working out with a trainer. I guess it depends on which approach is more likely to get you off your ass.
218291, So...yeah, this shit is kinda tough
Posted by JFrost1117, Mon Jan-11-10 07:24 AM
Lol, I been out the workout loop for a minute. Startin this shit this morning was a lil rough.
218295, I start one of those office weight loss competitions today...
Posted by okaycomputer, Mon Jan-11-10 08:54 AM
this shit is my secret weapon.

I haven't done it for months now, but I still remember the pain. Looking forward to starting a 30 day workout tonight, even went out and bought some heavy duty resistance bands.