Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectDoes anyone in America really care about Final Fantasy XIII?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=216326&mesg_id=216326
216326, Does anyone in America really care about Final Fantasy XIII?
Posted by Vaiops2wega, Sat Oct-11-14 08:10 AM
I think Square-Enix has over-saturated the market with FF shit to the point where it has tarnished the series' name. Every store I walk into has stacks of Dissidia gathering dust on a shelf. I know some think it's overrated but FFVII is still my favorite. (Spoiler alert) The storyline (Aeris' death in particular) proved that video games could be as compelling as films. I didn't care about any of the characters in VIII. IX was too cutesy for me. X was too fucking gay and nerdy. I was with until it got to the underwater soccer and then I just said fuck it. XI was a clusterfuck of epic proportions. I'll spot you XII but I think people only liked it because it didn't suck like XI. I'm a bit hopeful for XIII since it's going back to the cyberpunk/futuristic setting that I liked so much about VII but judging by the gameplay footage it looks like more of the same except with prettier graphics. BTW, the cut scenes look amazing but the in-game footage barely looks current gen. I'm more excited to play Heavy Rain or GT5 this spring than XIII. I know it'll sell a lot but I don't think it'll do Modern Warfare or even Halo 3 numbers here in the US. Personally, I think Persona has taken the JRPG crown from FF. (ducks) I can't wait for Atlus to make a Persona game on PS3.