Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectAdmittedly, I'm not TOO deep into the game...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=208883&mesg_id=211694
211694, Admittedly, I'm not TOO deep into the game...
Posted by wallysmith, Fri Nov-06-09 01:20 PM
Just got done with Lothering and starting on some forest, but I've had solid success so far playing on Hard the whole way (once I figured out reliable tactics).

I pushed the "persuasion" skill up to max, with the other two skill points in the next combat level and in trapmaking. For attributes I put just enough strength to wear chainmail (I think around 16), then all of the rest into dexterity and cunning. For talents I'm aiming for Lethality (switch cunning for strength in attacks) and Stealth III (to stealth during battle). I've also only invested in the Dual Wielding tree that focuses on increasing your proficiency in holding two weapons, but none of the attacking talents; not sure yet if I will. The standard Rogue talents are already solid, and I spend most of my time flanking for backstabs once those have been used.

As for that post, yeah, I would tend to agree. Daggers are useful early for high armor penetration and the DEX bonus, but I'm also aiming for the DW skill that allows you to use a full sized 1-handed weapon in your off-hand.