Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectThe Madden '10 Official Franchise Post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=203209&mesg_id=203209
203209, The Madden '10 Official Franchise Post
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Aug-27-09 12:04 AM

Gentleman, Welcome to The OKP Madden ‘10 Franchise.

First things first, here are the cats who will be getting invites:

OKP Name – GT

La2Philly - SoCalBrar
Amon – Hotep(or HotepII)
Lesson24 - Playboy489
WesLexner - WesLexner
MCDestro - TChalla80
P for Props – P for Props
jdevolve1 - SmuttyJay
InsantVintage - DontBlameHIPHOP
RealityTrap - KineticKingfunk
Grand Royal - DreddyP
Messiah4976 – Messiah4976
Envy - Da Bro Quest
Steelysteel - steelysteel
jdub1313 - JDubbleU
dundee - tribalhomie
thelonestranger – thelonestranger

****I know this is a long post, but please read it over so you understand everything so I don't have to repeat things and so you guys can comment or think of things I may have missed*******

The rules/guidelines for the franchise. The online franchise does not have a salary cap or contract length, therefore I need to implement some rules in order to 1) ensure that the picking up of free agents is fair 2) To ensure that there is actually some movement of players in the off-season

So here we go:

1) Free agency pick-ups will be based on waiver claims that are submitted to me for each NFL week. The waiver priority will be based on the team’s current standing (for week 1, the waiver ranking will be based on the team’s overall ranking). PICKING UP PLAYERS WITHOUT CONSENT IS GROUNDS FOR REMOVAL.

2) Free agent pick-ups will be capped at 1 per NFL week, unless a team suffers excessive injuries as to where picking up more players is required.

3) For the off-season, each team will be required to drop 3 players with a rating of 70+ in order replenish the free agency pool and ensure some player movement. For computer controlled teams, I’ll go through and do my best to release the appropriate players. There will then be a free agency draft to see where these players end up.

4) Trade approval will be as follows: I will post the pending deal under the TRADES section of the Franchise post and other players will be given 48 hours to disapprove. If someone does disapprove, they must give their reasoning as to why. Then, if the reasoning is deemed valid, there will be a vote (not including the trade participants obviously) where 2/3 majority is needed for the trade to go through.

5) Style of play. My aim is to have the games played like a straight NFL game, but with some reasonable flexibility depending on the situation.

6) List any complaints, particularly if you feel a player is cheesing or using glitches, under the COMPLAINTS section of the franchise post. I will do my best to address any problems, and know this, I highly highly highly dislike cheesers and glitchers. I was part of the inaugural SS (straight simulation) League on the ps2 madden, so I have been fighting against these fuckers for years.

7) Schedule: The plan is to play 2 games every week. I will be finalizing and advancing each NFL schedule week on Wednesday Night and Sunday Night. If you do not play, you WILL be dropped. I will do my best to accommodate extenuating circumstances.

8) Settings: The league will be played on All-Pro, with 5 minutes quarters without any accelerated clock.

That’s all I can think of for now….if you have any questions, let me know. I’m always open to modifying the rules or adding an addendum if something comes up during the season.

I will not send out actual league invites online until the team selection is final. At that point, I will inbox the league name and password to the participants.

Here’s to a great inaugural season…..and many more to come.