Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectPretty sure i just had my best MM game ever
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=201229&mesg_id=225603
225603, Pretty sure i just had my best MM game ever
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Mon Mar-15-10 01:45 AM
(as Man Utd)
vs Barcelona in the CL semis, first leg at the Nou Camp, their ENTIRE lineup in above average (light green) form

heres my lineup (I cant remember Barca's but it was weird. Had a Messi/Henry/Ibra frontline)
--------------Asenjo
--Rafael---Albiol--Vidic---Santon
--------------Machado
------Gourcuff-------Hamsik
---Rooney----Higuain----Valencia

1st half: Henry scored a bullshit toepoke off a cross as Santon (my backup LB) completely whiffed a clearing header. Ibrahimovic pulls his invulnerability and holds off Vidic and Albiol on a break and chips my keeper. I could barely keep the ball for more than two passes and it was impossible to get the ball off of them. it felt like they were two steps ahead of me. I was on the verge of chucking my controller. Down 2-0 at the half

Halftime adjustment: Rooney to LW. Valencia out, Di Maria in at RW. Take a break to go get a soda and calm down.

2nd half: The plan was to throw the entire arsenal at them. Raise the offense to max and play a High Pressure strategy. the change at the break paid off as Di Maria made instant impact with a short-post cross on the break that Hamsik headed in. I went on to reel off 5 goals by the 60m mark. Ended up winning 8-3.