Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectJust configured an excellent formation: 4-2-2-2
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=201229&mesg_id=224668
224668, Just configured an excellent formation: 4-2-2-2
Posted by LA2Philly, Sat Mar-06-10 06:22 PM
---------------------GK-------------------
---RB--------CB----------CB-----------LB--
------------------------------------------
--------------RDMF-------LDMF-------------
----------RAM------------------LAM--------
--------------RS-----------LS-------------

I have it editied as such:

CB- High D, low offense

RB and LB- High D, medium offense(you can set one of them to medium D if you wish for more overlapping play on a certain side). I have my LB(Clichy) with an attack arrow forward to overlap and get some sideline play.

RDMF- medium D, medium O....attack arrow going forward(fills the area left by the RAM, below)

LDMF- high D, low O....defense arrow on a back diagonal toward the middle of the field(gives you a defender to slow down the opposition if the rdmf does get caught too far forward)

RAM- medium D, high O.....attack arrow diagonal to the sideline(make sure the RAM has a penchant for crossing)

LAM- medium D, high O. You can get some great runs if you utilize the LB coming forward to set the LAM clear in space.

RS- low d, high O.

LS - low d, high O.

It's a GREAT passing formation, and the movement arrows allow for constant inter-play and constant runs....and still balance defensively with the 2 dmf's filling gaps.

In terms of custom tactics, I have it set to short, risky passing to ensure support and movement. The rest is pretty much up to your own preferences.

If your RB is the far better player going forward compared to your LB, then flip everything in terms of movement arrows.