Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectSome serious gripes(Mostly experienced during online play)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=201229&mesg_id=217651
217651, Some serious gripes(Mostly experienced during online play)
Posted by LA2Philly, Tue Jan-05-10 06:29 AM
1) The pace has just gotten ridiculously fast at the higher levels. I'm at level 21 and there isn't any slow or creative buildup...at all. It's mainly quick balls proceeded by someone trying to blow by you with a good striker....it's just ridiculously fast. I just had a 7-4 game where I was on the winnin end with Aston villa but it just wasn't fun.

2) The off the ball defensive AI needs to be improved. You can't do fucking everything yourself so when a ball is passes to a player off-screen, there's no way you can play effective D unless the computer controlled defender has actually closed down on the player recieving the ball. These cats will layoff like literally 5-7 yards and by the time I can actually see my player the attacker has already made a pass under no harrasment. This is one of the major reasons it's really hard to play solid defense and the pacing is so quick...because your entire midfield defense is non-existent. Also, the defensive ai on corner kicks is just absolutely mind-boggling. I can't even count hoe many times I've seen an attacker wide open off a corner because his marker ran to some other spot for god knows what reason.

3) Player reaction AI. Many times I'll see a rebound opportunity or a a chance to gain possession go to waste because the comp controlled players simply won't react. I'm sitting there manually switching between players of course but again, when you're online and thst split second reaction makes all the difference, its really frustrating.

4) Manual switching. First, when I have it on manual, I expect my cursor to never be changed...yet for some reason, often on long passes, it gets switched. Also, the actual switching seems like a cotdamn crapshoot because half the time it doesn't switch to
the player in the closest spot to stop the incoming attack or get a rebound or track
down the ball. I have no idea how the CPU is determining who to switch to but many
times it doesn't give you the player you want to control.

All this adds up to online play that is very repetitive and unrealistic.