Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectUnited's defenders arent really slow...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=201229&mesg_id=210788
210788, United's defenders arent really slow...
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Oct-28-09 02:22 PM
>Is there a certain style I should be playing.

if youre having trouble, i'd go w/ a 'contain' defense for now until you figure things out because a pressing defense will often pull your players out of shape and leave you in a lot of 1v1 situations w/ the attacker/defender

play Hargreaves/Rafael and Evra as the right and left backs. and Anderson+Carrick/Hargreaves in midfield.

the AI is MUCH better at passing this year so double teaming it into oblivion isnt going to work. just follow the ball

use the second defender press button and try to play the passing lane w/ the character youre controlling.
use the left trigger stabilizer as well.

if you can try and pass it out the back instead of booting it back to them.

know your players and know who's good at knocking men off the ball especially in midfield.

slidetackling is actually viable in this game so learn the timing of it. once you get better at playing the angles in this game, defending becomes much easier and attacking becomes a lot more fun.

the AI shouldnt be hard to defend, even on Legendary.

honestly what i'd do is just set it to Legendary and keep playing Brazil, Spain and England until you can beat them. 3 very unique playstyles from the powerhouses of the game.

consider your opponent's tactics
do they simply try to get to the byline and cross?
do they cut in from out wide
1 forward? 2 forwards? overlapping midfielders and wingbacks, things like that.