Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectMy Final Impressions
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=201229&mesg_id=206190
206190, My Final Impressions
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Sep-19-09 05:45 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say most of my problems were due to playing an unfamiliar system. After playing a few dozen games with Bayern, I am really liking the new gameplay style. Its a much more organic and sensible experience.

I've come to like the new throughball even though its hella harder to use. It makes for much smarter football instead of the braindead easy style of last years throughball.

Counterattacks are probably my favorite aspect of the game as they are no longer just the "outrun everyone" variety. But its more based on well placed balls in the weakspot of the defense. Had a great one today coming back off a corner where I beat a man to the outside w/ Schweinsteiger, passed it up to Klose at midfield who led Ribery with a ball down the line toward the box. Ribery chipped it up and Gomez beat the goalie to the ball in the air. It was beautiful.

Another aspect of this game i like is dropping the ball back to a surging midfielder. Scored a beauty with Ribery on one of these type passes.

The area i'm most excited for is online cause I'm fairly optimistic it isnt going to be the cheap BS it was last year. With the adjustments to how player speed works along with the new physicality system, it isnt going to be Ronaldo and Torres through-ball mania.

So while some may dread playing Real Madrid (and the like), I think you should look forward to it because theyre going to be very susceptible at the back and very lightweight in attack. I'm theorizing here of course, but you get the idea. Team weaknesses seem to be replicated very well this time and they actually matter.

My one remaining problem is player reactions. I noticed when the ball gets knocked off or deflected, my AI teammates dont react to the ball at all. I can see this being a big problem in the final game.

Its shaping up to be a top game. This shit is legit.