Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectMy Demo Impressions
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=201229&mesg_id=206066
206066, My Demo Impressions
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Sep-17-09 10:09 PM
*sigh*

I'm not impressed and I'm hoping the final build is much better.

At its core, FIFA is largely still breakaway ball, except this time, the through pass has been absolutely nerfed to where I really dont see the use of it so far. In 09, I enjoyed spraying defense splitting balls about the field (think Kaka v Liverpool in the CL Final). On the flipside, I also enjoyed patient buildup that'd result in a clinical destruction of the defense.

I almost want to say it was because I played with Barca mainly, whereas I usually never play with them. The technical ability of their midfielders is vastly outweighed by their feathery build. Also because I feel FIFA doesnt place enough emphasis on the midfield for a 4-3-3 to be viable in the game, but thats just a personal preference.

It also seems like the players move even faster than 09, if thats possible. I will say credit to them for beefing up the AI and player awareness. A lot of shit that was abusable in 09 isnt really abusable anymore.

On 360 dribbling, it really seems inconsequential other than the odd quick deke here and there. I guess I'll have to play with that a bit more.

Oh, and all that BS about improved goalkeeping is a fucking lie. I watched Valdes get beat a few times by some of the dumbest shit. Shit that would've made the 09 goalies look like ninjas. Were it an MM or online game, my controller would've been in pieces.