Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectME2: Premise of the game (Casey Hudson)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=191727&mesg_id=191905
191905, ME2: Premise of the game (Casey Hudson)
Posted by Abdurrashid, Sun May-31-09 02:16 PM
ARTICLE SUMMARY:

talk about first teaser trailer; confirm ME3 (already new that was coming, but WHOO-HOO! anyway); talks about how ME2 will be "darker and grittier"; have a bunch a CH quotes.
basic premise hasn't changed, but there is more of a threat: human colonies are disappearing left and right and you are the man (woman) for the job (told it's a suicide mission: is that how why shep's listed as KIA); cerberus is big and bad in ME2, Illusive Man from Ascencion is main baddie; several new locations revealed (Omega: descrikbed as "opposite of the Citadel... massive and really brutal, gritty mining station"; Illium (Asari city likened to Coruscant from Star Wars); main Cerberus outpost; and Purgatory (a prison outpost))
OXM suggests that you will be playing a lot more in ships and space stations. along with this, they introduce two or three new enemies, tell you a lot about what will be revealed at E3, show three new characters, interview Casey Hudson, tell you about how Bioware is handling the save carry overs, show you the inside of the Normandy, tease about the endings, deliver news on about ten major new gameplay mechanics, tell about some new weapons"

Oh and you get to do work with a Nuke Gun.. I'm clearing out rooms.

The camel never sees its own hump but that of its brothers is always before its eyes - North African proverb