Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectCan you suggest the best method to copy/transfer from VHS-DVD?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=187657
187657, Can you suggest the best method to copy/transfer from VHS-DVD?
Posted by Universadevine, Wed Apr-08-09 06:01 PM
I wash thinking about purchasing this

http://www.comprousa.com/en/press/080722_c200.html

any other good options out there??

Anything you obtain without patience will slip through your fingers..Patience is a virtue indeed. Patience is a vehicle to all things that are good.
187709, Yeah ...
Posted by Blowback, Thu Apr-09-09 06:12 AM
Just sell your vhs' and buy the dvd's in the bargain bin ;)

but seriously, I don'know ...
187764, Family vid's tho..
Posted by Universadevine, Thu Apr-09-09 04:53 PM

Anything you obtain without patience will slip through your fingers..Patience is a virtue indeed. Patience is a vehicle to all things that are good.
187720, RE: Can you suggest the best method to copy/transfer from VHS-DVD?
Posted by tully_blanchard, Thu Apr-09-09 09:58 AM
I have a vhs/dvd player-recorder. works fine for me

"WHO SHOT THE DUCK OUT THE WINDOW??!!!??"

ahhh, why the hell not:
www.myspace.com/18thletter

Tully "The Dragon" Blanchard
world kickboxing champion
187766, That's last option..
Posted by Universadevine, Thu Apr-09-09 04:55 PM

187774, RE: Can you suggest the best method to copy/transfer from VHS-DVD?
Posted by charlie bucket, Thu Apr-09-09 05:32 PM
if you get it post your review of it. ive used something like that but it wasnt that small but basically the same thing. whatever its hooked up to goes to a usb port you hook to your computer. it was to record a laserdisc and throw it on a dvd.

at my work there is a combo mini dv and vhs player so you just tell it to send vhs to mini dv and then input mini dv to the computer via a deck or a camera. that doesnt seem to be the way to go for you unless you really want to do some editing. like if you just want to take all thats on a vhs and dump it on a dvd maybe one of those vhs / dvd combos like someone else mentioned in this thread.

also if you live in a decent sized city you might hit up craigslist there might be an out of work editor with the equipment that could handle it for you for a price cheaper then if you went to a real company. so maybe for a good price you wouldnt even have to bother with it
187803, yeah
Posted by ZioN, Thu Apr-09-09 11:42 PM
i used to do it through my dv camcorder - record onto that, put it on my comp and burn to dvd - but i think what you're thinking about buying is the way to go. i'm probably gonna buy one similar too. not sure how they go, but it's not exactly the most complex operation. only thing i'd wonder about would be the quality of your vhs player i.e. its quality output

187805, i need something like this too
Posted by My_SP1200_Broken_Again, Fri Apr-10-09 12:09 AM
187849, yea I have something like that
Posted by Earl Flynn, Fri Apr-10-09 02:37 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/dazzle_120_interface.jpg

I stopped using it because the ATI All in Wonder did the trick internally when I bought that a few years back.

Got rid of that card for a Dual DVI recently so I may need it again in the future because my S-Video plug is too big to fit in the jack
188108, Thanks
Posted by Universadevine, Mon Apr-13-09 08:48 PM
that's looks like it could do the job.

187855, You're hinting onto something I need - actually had @ one point
Posted by mtbatol, Fri Apr-10-09 04:06 PM
Except it was intergrated within my videocard which was AGP. And since computers today don't use AGP anymore & that ish since died on me - I'm pretty much gonna need something like what you have.