Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: Street Fighter IV (The Second Thread)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=182449&mesg_id=182814
182814, RE: Street Fighter IV (The Second Thread)
Posted by TeamBuckethead, Mon Feb-23-09 06:56 PM
New to the boards. Whats up All.

This game is insane. However, I think the number of remarks complaining about using KEN/RYU/SAGAT/BISON/GUILE/ZANGIEF are interesting. But for me coming from a standpoint where I USED to play SF2 religiously back in 92. Those were the ONLY characters people used to use. EVER. The majority of arcades had people using shootos. (Ryu/Ken/Akumas) And it was only when the Superthrow became popular did you see the amount of guiles being used at the Arcades.

Its a base moveset and philosophy when using Ken and Ryu. For me I found it easy to use a combination of Ryu and Sagat until I got the timing down. And that's what I like about Street Fighter 4. you can use all the fundamental basics of what you do know from Sf2 Integrate that s** here and just get on. Chances are these guys who are like 4000000 points deep in Network mode are probably guys who have mastered the original SF2s Or either have the time to spare. I get messages on Ps3 from cats who complain. But the bottom line is if your street fighter 2 base is strong. Then youre always going to be a beast to deal with because those basic techniques WILL always work in these games.

There are some things I like about this game and somethings I dont. I like the fact I can use the basics to just jump in the fire and still have a challenging match,. Capcom did that right by not tweaking the gameplay and still adding the original characters and only making moderations in the animations of the moves and the ultra combos. I also like the fact that its a new enough game that I have to learn some of these new blocking techniques and the timing of the ultras to where this game feels fresh and the only way Im gonna get better is to practice and learn this s** all over again.

Essentially its still the same Street Fighter 2 for me but a brand new game as well. new enough for newer players to be able to stay competitive.

Ryu and Ken are overpowered
Zangief's suckup is worse than before
Guile is all about charging and timing and once people start to master that. his character is going to be a pain to deal with
Dhalsim is unbelivably powered down it seems. He was a lot stronger in 2
Sagat was always powered up they just made him a bit more faster than this one. And apparently hes taking HGH in Steroids since part 2

To me basically its still the same game. NO ONE is unbeatable. You just need to figure out patterns and timing and strategy just like in 1,2, and 3 and then it's really gonna be on. I missed out on the whole Parrying thing with 3 cause I was in college then. But this focus thing seems interesting. And I'm still trying to master it.

If I could use Guile of Old and use Fierce Fierce Standing Razor kick and the side to side Superthrows on SETH. It'd be over. lol

Anyone If anybody wants to play and have this thing on Ps3 PSN ID is PharaoheMonch

No Im not THE Pharoahe Monch but I couldnt come up a name and Agent Orange was on at the time...