Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRadio playlists: anyone else noticing a trend?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=148958&mesg_id=149577
149577, Radio playlists: anyone else noticing a trend?
Posted by opfor, Wed May-07-08 01:52 PM
i dunno if it's a deliberate theme or not, but it seems like they included a lot of songs for the radio stations that have been sampled in well-known hiphop tracks. i've noticed at least 3 so far -

theres a song that plays a lot on the fusion station that has definitely been sampled in at least one really well-known track. it starts with like a deep brass swell, and then there's a quick picked guitar riff. that guitar sample is definitely looped in a really prolific track, and it's driving me nuts because im blanking on what the track was; 99% sure it was a Dre beat, and i think snoop was on it too. also that brass swell has definitely been used as an intro too on at least one well known track, possibly the same one i was just talking about, but im not sure.

also, on k109 or whatever they have a song that was the main sample in Ice Cube - "It was a Good Day".

and finally the soul station plays the song Kanye used on "My Way Home".

anyone catch any others?

edit: just remembered Vice City had "Summer Madness" which got sampled on that Jazzy Jeff/Fresh Prince "summer summer time" track, so maybe the trend doesn't just apply to GTA 4?