Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI predict folks will be surprised at how fast I am in the majority.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=138130&mesg_id=138640
138640, I predict folks will be surprised at how fast I am in the majority.
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Feb-13-08 01:47 PM
>and youre in the majority of consumers, FOH.
>physical media is not going anywhere soon.

Physical media is shrinking in size monthly, just 2 years ago MiniSD was the standard, now MicroSD is. Consider the fact that 32GB SD cards are soon to arrive at an affordable price point... DVD's (Blu Ray or HD) are HUGE in sheer size...the Disc format is simply not gonna be around long in the grand scheme of things.

>not accusing you of it, but some of these HD DVD fanboys are
>just coppin the DD pleas after their L.

I'm not a fan of either honestly.

>What machine are all these consumers going to download all
>these movies on, and where are they going to watch them?
>Their 360, PS3, a netflix mahcine, some media PC, appleTV,
>lol?

Yes to all of the above. I'll give you that there are folks that like to actually OWN a hard copy of movies...but the sheer success of services like Netflix and On Demand are a testament to the fact that most folks rent a movie once and never watch it again. THOSE are the majority. Therefore owning a physical copy is not really the future. You should add cable company supplied set top boxes to your list also fam...those are in the majority of homes right now. So it really isn't necessary to have a gaming system or PC to take advantage of downloadable HD content.

>You think your technology illiterate aunt is going to download
>movies on her PC?

No, she's gonna navigate to the On-Demand screen of her cable box and click "Rent This Movie"

sig below:
-..Some say the price of holdin heat is often too high, you either be in a coffin or you be the new guy...

-A monkey is chased by a hyena and you cannot tell the laughter from the screams.

-Is there gas in the car?
Yes, there's gas in the