Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectthat is the point though...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=134147&mesg_id=135751
135751, that is the point though...
Posted by Uchiwa_Sasuke, Fri Jan-25-08 01:12 PM
no one sees this as a stand-alone machine, it a compliment to another system which is usually fixed as a desktop or portable but a bit weighty to carry around.

For me personally, it makes sense because when i travel i have to take both laptops with me (1 Pc + 1 mac) and since airport regulations are a bastard i have to carry both in one bag. A MBA with a SSD would save alot of pain to me as i already have a frozzen shoulder from laptop bag strains.

Checking emails on the plan / in the terminal etc, do some light work etc is something that will nake the mba appeal to me because i never have the need in those situations to use a optical drive or ethernet port. The ultra-portability in this sense, makes sense.

Also when i am on vendor sites, no need to lug my bigger laptops as it probably a presentation here and there, a excel spreadsheet etc. No major processor hungry / graphic card hungry apps, so to me and people in my situation, MBA is a compliment and is appealing.

Would i get one or have i already ordered one? No, but not for the reasons all you haters are calling out