Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectRE: Since when?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=132175&mesg_id=134033
134033, RE: Since when?
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue Jan-15-08 04:38 PM
>>>-Gapless playback
>>
>>I don't do mixtapes, and I never noticed gaps, not that
>anal.
>
>Game Theory much? Besides that, a *LOT* of albums are gapless.
>I'm pretty sure that album where you play it backwards to the
>Wizard of Oz is gapless too (some famous rock album that I
>can't remember the name of...RJ or Bearfield probably know
>what I mean with their rock lovin asses)

Honestly, not much at all since it first came out lol... Like I said though, it ain't really an issue for me. I totally understand that a lot of folks are hung up on that, I ain't knocking them for being dumbasses about something so insignificant. The gap isn't that pronounced on Zunes, point blank. It ain't gapless, but it ain't as big of a deal as it was on the ipod before gapless playback was added.

>>>-iTunes lets you edit the fuck outta your tags
>>
>>Just like WMP but WMP lets you do more edits than itunes.
>
>How does WMP let you do more edits?

Advanced Tag Editing. I haven't updated my iTunes in ages, so if they now have better tagging capabilities, good for them, about time.

>>>-More variety in the lineup (bigger hard drives, smaller
>>>devices, phone+DAP devices, etc.)
>
>>Who cares about lineup, I got a real phone for business and
>>the Zune handles my capacity issues and the size is just
>>right. Nano is cool for my wife, but too dainty for me.
>
>The millions of people who buy iPods.

Senseless consumers, more concerned about having the latest Mac device more than anything else. I've already touched on this though. Millions of customers doesn't necessarily = better product. Janey even owned an ipod before and took that shit back...lol...

>>>-More accessories work with it (you could just buy those
>>fancy
>>>magnet headphones)
>>
>>Ultimately the device is most important. I got one case, a
>>line out cable, a screen protector, and excellent headphones
>>stock. I'm good. Apple continues to line the pockets of
>>various lil manufactures to grab all yalls loot. Yall better
>>peep game.
>
>Ok, that's one example. There's a shitload of different
>devices that can expand the capabilities of the iPod (transfer
>pictures from a digital camera to the iPod, live recording,
>etc.)

Dude, that's my whole point. Why do I need to transfer pics from my camera to my media player?? I got a 4gb SD Card on my camera son! When will I every NOT be close enough to a computer to get them pics off the SD card and transfer them to my Zune if I need them on there? That is a device that really had no point of existance. Live recording?? REAL musicians use professional equipment. Ipod is not professional equipment. I mean, i see your point, but what it boils down to is that 99.9% of those add-ons are useless junk designed to take your loot. Peep game dawg. Peep.

>>>-Able to be used as a portable hard drive
>>
>>Can be done with a Zune.
>
>You have to hack it. Fuck and that.

I don't have to hack it, i just have to transfer it through Windows Explorer instead of the Zune desktop software. Again, I touched the whole portable hard drive stuff above somewhere.

>>>-Works with Windows & Macs
>>
>>Fuck a Mac. What Mac head would be interested in a Non-Mac
>>product??
>
>Most people are fanboys like that. If Zune had the features I
>wanted and worked on my Mac, I wouldn't care if MS made it or
>not. Hell, I waited overnight in the rain for an M$ product
>(360)

If i'm not mistaken, the whole term Fanboy is a derivative of mac fanaticism no? MS already straight said they are not interested in Mac heads with the Zune. The Zune is for folks that well, aren't full Mac heads. I dig mac products. But I dig MS products a little more. Plain and simple...so yeah, MS fanboy..i'll be that.

>>>-Rentals from iTunes store
>>
>>I have a 360. And a Windows Media Center PC. I BEEN renting
>>shit online.
>
>You can put those on Zune?

Fuck I want to watch a HD movie on my Zune for?? Within 24 hours???? If my attention span won't allow me to download a movie, sit my ass on my couch and watch it then and there...then I got other issues to deal with. That's a dumb gimmic. Who the hell starts watching a movie, in the comfort of their own home, all booed up, and then 45 mins in decides "Shit, this would be WAAAAY more enjoyable to watch in the pissy ass subway on my lil ass ipod screen while looking over my shoulder so I don't get jacked." C'mon dawg...that feature is nails... Movies I own and rip can indeed be played on my Zune though.

>>>-Ability to search through songs
>>
>>Zune searches through songs faster, smoother, and with more
>>ease than the ipod. Try it, you'll see.
>
>No, not scroll through songs. The search feature Ninja Turtle
>Man was talking about.
>
>>>-EQ
>>
>>If the device has good fidelity, and good hardware(ie.
>>headphones) out he box, then EQ is just a novelty.
>
>

sig below:
-..Some say the price of holdin heat is often too high, you either be in a coffin or you be the new guy...

-A monkey is chased by a hyena and you cannot tell the laughter from the screams.

-Is there gas in the car?
Yes, there's gas in the