Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectCheck your inbox too, i just sent stuff over before I saw your post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=132175&mesg_id=133641
133641, Check your inbox too, i just sent stuff over before I saw your post
Posted by FLUIDJ, Mon Jan-14-08 04:00 PM
>Other than having FM radio what does the Zune have over the
>Ipod? If I don't have a wireless connection at home what good
>is the sync feature for me? Is it easy to convert alot of
>different type of video files on it?

If you dont have a wireless network, you won't get much use outta the wireless sync feature right now. I haven't tried to convert video files on it yet. I can't imagine it's any more difficult or any easier than the iPod though. There are other players (such as Archos) that can probably handle video conversion and compatibility waaaay better than both Zune and Ipod.

>Why is better than an IPod?
See my responses here and in the inbox I sent you.

>I bought my girl a Ipod Nano for Christmas and I see why their
>so popular but I don't what to but up the cash for an 80GB
>version if something else out on the market is vastly better.
>To sum all of this up...what makes it so great? Thanks.

I bought my wife a Nano for Christmas too. She's a runner and that Nike+ interface is pretty much the greatest most useful workout feature i've seen on an MP3 player to date. The Nano shuts the flash based Zunes down no doubt just for that feature alone. So yeah, if you talking Nano's then get the Nano over the 4GB & 8GB flash based Zunes. Real talk. Now if you talking 80GB ipod vs 80GB Zune, then as i've listed here, I feel like the Zune is a better device for all the reasons I've stated in here. They are both the same price, so price won't be a factor. It all boils down to interface, features, look and feel.

sig below:
-..Some say the price of holdin heat is often too high, you either be in a coffin or you be the new guy...

-A monkey is chased by a hyena and you cannot tell the laughter from the screams.

-Is there gas in the car?
Yes, there's gas in the