Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectThe REAL lesson is that folks should get a Zune
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=132175&mesg_id=132622
132622, The REAL lesson is that folks should get a Zune
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Jan-09-08 12:11 PM
>You have to pick a DAP that suits your needs. Shit that isn't
>important to some people is extremely important to others, and
>vice versa. A few of the Zune's shortcomings are things I'm
>really used to with the iPod.

But I agree with you overall. I own an ipod too. I rode hard for it too. Now i've encountered something I feel is superior. The Zune hasn't gotten proper shine around these parts lately. Especially since the update. That's the real reason for this post. I appreciate that some folks take a more rational approach to rebuttal.

>
>>>-No gapless playback
>>> Wow, that's pretty big.
>>I haven't confirmed this. How can I test it? I don't have
>any
>>mixtapes.
>
>On the Game Theory album by The Roots, False Media (track 2)
>and Game Theory (track 3) kinda melt into each other with no
>gap in the audio. Actually, Game Theory kinda has things like
>that all throughout...pauses would definitely take away form
>it.

Ok, tested it last night. Not sure if what i'm hearing is gapless or the way the CD was mastered. I recall ?uest talking about how he mastered it so that it would sound gapless no matter what media you were playing. The pause between tracks is not nearly as dramatic as it was on my ipod though.

>On Moonlighting by Tanya Morgan, Paper Thin (track 3) and We
>Be (track for) do the same thing.

I'll check those later.
>
>>>-No Autoplaylists with the Zune software.
>>> Oh, that would suck. I use those a lot.
>>
>>True.

Ah, this is real? Yeah, no Zune for me, even if I get a PC (or
>install Windows on my Mac)
>

Ok,I checked into it..I'm not a big playlist user... playlists work like this.. If you want to, you can simply use Zune desktop to sync only then you can manage all your tagging, playlists, etc in WMP11. The Zune reads from the storage folder of WMP and if there are playlists there, they will sync up.

sig below:
-..Some say the price of holdin heat is often too high, you either be in a coffin or you be the new guy...

-A monkey is chased by a hyena and you cannot tell the laughter from the screams.

-Is there gas in the car?
Yes, there's gas in the