Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI haven't had the problems you're having
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=121192&mesg_id=122082
122082, I haven't had the problems you're having
Posted by Lach, Mon Oct-01-07 03:15 PM
cept for matchmaking which took time for them to iron out with Halo 2. It was hard to connect to a match in the beginning with that game and the same thing is happening with Halo 3. But it looks like the kinks are getting worked out because its getting easier and easier for me to connect to matches with each passing day.

In regards to the aiming and what not, you gotta get the feel of it and also know what weapons to use. Some of the little guns can take you out much faster than others. Also, though it doesn't seem like it in Halo, where you hit someone determines how fast they'll die. Sometimes folk in slayer get upset because they're letting out a clip of the machine gun on me, but I'm steady hitting them in the head with battle rifle shots and take them out faster. Melee attacks have been increased in power in Halo 3 as well. Watch out. If someone fires a couple times and swipes at you, you're dead. In all, I'm having a blast with multiplayer. I think I'm on a level of 27 now just playing Lone Wolves.

The graphics are a bit on the ok side. Particularly the player models. While the game looks good, it doesn't look as impressive as you were saying when in comparison to Gears and GRAW2. Honestly, I don't think they could have put as much into the game if they made the graphics as good as those games. Something would have had to give. Shit would have been 20 gigs. I think that's the reason why Gears doesn't have as many modes as some shooters because Epic use so much of the DVD with graphics.

In all, the game is pure fun. I can play the multiplayer all day long and never get tired of it. I wanna see how far I can get my ranking up.