Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI'm gonna cheat and do 2015-2016.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=301485&mesg_id=301487
301487, I'm gonna cheat and do 2015-2016.
Posted by will_5198, Fri Dec-30-16 10:13 PM
the backlog is real. I just bought Titanfall 2 last week, but holding off until I finish my seventh or eighth Final Fantasy 6 run-through.

5. Abzu -- My favorite "play-for-15-minutes-and-decompress" game right now. No objectives, no leveling, just swimming around a beautifully atmospheric underwater world.

4. Ori and the Blind Forest -- Playable Studio Ghibli movie. Super Metroid in design (albeit a lot more linear) and with moments that made you want to stop and smile.

3. Doom -- Braindead fun. It's not perfect: I wish the weapons and glory kills were more visceral and less cartoony, and the level design turns into a bunch of arenas on the last trip to Hell. But the music, graphics, speed (double jumps + auto wall climbs are everything) and nostalgia made it a great package nonetheless.

2. Resident Evil HD -- Never played a single one of the original PS series beyond a few hours at a friend's house. Tank controls killed it for me. For some reason, the remaster just clicked with me...I realized the limited controls were in part by design, raising the stress level on a simple hallway walk. The limited resources is also refreshing in this save-anytime era. The best B-movie game ever.

1. Street Fighter V -- A complete shitshow of a consumer product, without even the most basic features on launch and a series of half-measure patches that have taken it from alpha to beta while charging and extra $60 for necessary DLC content. That said, I've logged 350 hours so Capcom won. My favorite fighting game of all-time.