Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectI went 2-2 at the SCR Prelude yesterday. Had to face Chris G
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=291202&mesg_id=296001
296001, I went 2-2 at the SCR Prelude yesterday. Had to face Chris G
Posted by Wonderl33t, Sun Jun-07-15 10:08 AM
And actually before I get into it, I want to mention that one of our crew made top 8 in Marvel. N00dleLe0pard. He's legit and we were all pretty pumped. He lost to Nerd Josh in his top 8 match and was eliminated, but it was close and he was ahead most of the time.

Against Chris G, It was more of a slow beatdown than a blowout. I've never been flustered by Sakuras as Guile. The most amazing part to me was the perfect spacing of his jumps to where my crouching fierce anti air would whiff. I did get a moral victory, made him SMH at one point. I threw a sonic boom, he jumped at me, my cr fierce anti air landed, then I walked right up to him with an overhead to the dome, haha.

My 2nd loss was to a Rose who was pretty good. Nothing I could do as Guile or Rufus. My first win was against a Gen who knew what he was doing, but he dropped his combos every time...literally I don't think he completed any. I 2-0'd him. Second win was against a Balrog who was ok. I won the first game convincingly, and actually the power tripped at our table off about 3 seconds after the KO, so I lucked out like an SOB that it didn't kick out any earlier and cancel our game. 2nd game I blew big time. It was 3rd round even life at about 5 percent but I was in control. Then suddenly my execution went to crap and I started jumping when I tried to sonic boom, and on like the third one the guy air to aired me for the loss. First round of game 3, I was completely broken and was still sonic jumping, he took the round and I told myself goddangit, just throw a couple of friggin sonic booms. So I did, and got my crap back together. Won the round, and then round 3 late I was ahead like 10 percent to 5 and ended up sweeping him for the win using good spacing. He wasn't punishing Guile's awful sweep at all, which actually makes it a good sweep, haha. So I kept doing it. Anyhow, overall a blast getting my first 2 wins at a big time tourney. And my wins ironically were against characters that scare me.