Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHigh-Tech
Topic subjectWhat did you think about it as a whole?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=291297&mesg_id=291395
291395, What did you think about it as a whole?
Posted by Paps_Smear, Mon Aug-04-14 07:43 AM
gameplay issues aside I enjoyed it.

*spoilers obviously*

What really did it for me story wise was when I first played I had no idea that the humans would be involved in that much of being bad guys. The switch in my emotions being involved in this story is what kept me playing. We have these infected who I thought I'd be fighting pretty much the whole time. Turns out I ended up feeling like yeah they're an enemy too but only because they can't help it.

The humans though. Pieces of fuckin shit! I ended up hating them a lot more and thought that was great because they were more of a threat to me. David and Ellie's shit had me wanting to kill every single person that I didn't know in the game just because.

At the end I felt broken as hell. I knew this girl's death could probably save the human race. I didn't care. The humans were trash to me now and I just wanted her back. By the end I was Joel. Having a daughter myself I would have done the same damn thing not to lose her.

Last of us told a great story. I don't feel like its one of those games I'll play over and over but the story itself leaves a huge impact on me. The journey was great for me, even if the gameplay left a tiny bit to be desired.

9.0 or 9.5 for me