Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2692405

Subject: "Can Zion save Duke from the Curse of Kyrie?" Previous topic | Next topic
bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 06:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Can Zion save Duke from the Curse of Kyrie?"

Think about it. Ever since Kyrie made Duke into the Temple of Kobe Disciples, Duke has underachieved. Every year they get the top volume shooting wing, every year K rolls the ball out instead of coaching, and every year they go home way earlier than their talent warrants, all because K sold the program's soul to scrubby-ass gunners allergic to defense.

The sole exception is the 2015 national champions, which lacked the Kobe Disciple who has led to the program's underachievement in recent years. They're the exception that proves the rule.

But redemption might be here. Zion is everything Ba and Longo think Kyrie is: a generational superstar who should, as Longo has pointed out, should set Duke up in recruiting for the next 15 years. Better yet, Zion worships Lebron, not Kobe. Zion can pass, Zion can play defense, and Zion grinds.

It strikes me that Zion represents the possibility for a mild course correction. K can get dudes who care more about the team and less about getting theirs. He can get the freaks instead of the gunners. It doesn't solve the "K doesn't want to coach anymore" problem, but it's probably a better prototype to sell than Kyrie.

Troll title aside, none of this is Kyrie's fault. Kyrie probably was good enough that, with a full season, his Duke team could have made a serious run. It's more about the kids he has inspired to choose Duke and K's full-scale ceding of the program to them.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Flop
Apr 04th 2019
yeah i was pretty drunk
Apr 05th 2019
      Happens to the best of us.
Apr 05th 2019
      Not only drunk, but pretty drunk?
Apr 05th 2019
           I’m also pretty smart
Apr 05th 2019
I'm here for one reason
Apr 05th 2019
this post had mad-making potential but it went seriously awry
Apr 05th 2019
i stand by all the points. it just lacks any coherence.
Apr 05th 2019
mmmm gra;pe (c) Will_5198
Apr 06th 2019
LMAO I had almost forgotten about that
Apr 08th 2019
hmm...
Apr 08th 2019

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43735 posts
Thu Apr-04-19 09:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Flop"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 12:05 PM

3. "yeah i was pretty drunk"
In response to Reply # 1

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43735 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 01:39 PM

5. "Happens to the best of us."
In response to Reply # 3

If it makes you feel any better, 5 years ago this would be plat by now.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

Numba_33
Charter member
19321 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 02:34 PM

7. "Not only drunk, but pretty drunk?"
In response to Reply # 3

On a scale from 1 to 10, how drunk were you? I ask because from a quick gleaning of your post, I didn't see any typos or grammatical errors.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 05:08 PM

8. "I’m also pretty smart"
In response to Reply # 7

----
bshelly

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 11:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "I'm here for one reason"
In response to Reply # 0

>Think about it. Ever since Kyrie made Duke into the Temple of
>Kobe Disciples

^^^^ VALIDATION.

Mamba 2.0, and he should have been "our" Kobe

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 01:38 PM

4. "this post had mad-making potential but it went seriously awry "
In response to Reply # 0

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Apr-05-19 02:18 PM

6. "i stand by all the points. it just lacks any coherence."
In response to Reply # 4

----
bshelly

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Sat Apr-06-19 05:45 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "mmmm gra;pe (c) Will_5198"
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds like you were enjoying yourself

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Apr-08-19 11:50 AM

11. "LMAO I had almost forgotten about that"
In response to Reply # 9

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Mon Apr-08-19 10:17 AM

10. "hmm..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2019/04/06/duke-investigating-claim-nike-payment-zion-williamson-mother/3388357002/

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2692405 Previous topic | Next topic