Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2690290

Subject: "Errol Spence Jr. vs Mikey Garcia fight week 3/16/19" Previous topic | Next topic
Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14000 posts
Tue Mar-12-19 04:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Errol Spence Jr. vs Mikey Garcia fight week 3/16/19"

March 16th
9pm EST
Cowboys Stadium
Fox pay-per-view
also
Showing in select theaters around country (this how I'll be watching)

The Rundown:
4-division champion Mikey Garcia announced last year that he wanted smoke with the biggest, most feared welterweight in the division (well, 2nd most feared, because even Errol don't wanna fight Terence Crawford right now). Mikey currently fights primarily at lightweight (135). He started at 126, won titles there, at 130, 135, and 140 against a kickboxer turned boxer (Sergey Lipinets). Errol is the guy who allegedly gave Floyd Mayweather a black eye in sparring. Everyone who was present at that sparring session refuses to give details when asked in an interview, including Errol himself. He's knocked out his last 11 opponents. He picked up his IBF title by beating Kell Brook in his own backyard (the UK). Mikey's heard the stories and seen the fights, but he believes he's a "little bit better" than Errol. He claims he sees something in Errol that he can exploit. Mikey entered Victor Conte's SNAC program to train for this fight. There's youtube footage of him at the facility and commercials of him promoting the supplements. The kid is looking pretty solid compared to his past fights. Will he be able make history in the vein of Roberto Duran, or will he get his small ass smashed in spectacular fashion? Will he be able to go the distance even though Spence's trainer says he can't see any welterweight going the distance with Spence? We shall see. Spence has been pretty quiet on social media aside from the Fox face-to-face they did. Spence is huge for 147... spars heavyweights. Mikey reportedly spars middleweights. Yeah. Spence and those close to him always claim he has skills he has yet to show in the ring due to the fact that he's so big and strong for his weight class. He says he's taking Mikey seriously and training to use his boxing IQ. Mikey's brother and trainer Robert say's Mikey has to fight a perfect fight for 12 rounds. His brother initially advised him against taking the fight. Mikey is, of course, the underdog here. Most people expect him to lose, but he wants to prove everyone wrong. He say's he's chasing greatness even tho some submit that he's fighting Errol because Lomachenko is the only other champion at 135, and he'd rather lose a fight that he's supposed to lose than be embarrassed by someone in his own weight class. Mikey says it's because he has bad history with Top Rank, and Loma's promoter isn't serious about letting Mikey fight him. Who knows? Regardless, it's gonna be interesting to see how Mikey fares against a killer like Spence.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Errol Spence Jr. vs Mikey Garcia fight week 3/16/19
Mar 12th 2019
Agreed
Mar 12th 2019
Is this really ppv worthy? Interested but not like that
Mar 12th 2019
seriously. what makes this different from any of the free pbc events?
Mar 12th 2019
RE: seriously. what makes this different from any of the free pbc event...
Mar 12th 2019
      Fair, but Don't agree. Not worth $50+ or whatever it's going for
Mar 12th 2019
      I almost agree but those undercards are garbage
Mar 12th 2019
      Agree w/ everything there except the part about no one wanting to fight
Mar 12th 2019
           RE: Agree w/ everything there except the part about no one wanting to fi...
Mar 13th 2019
                RE: Agree w/ everything there except the part about no one wanting to fi...
Mar 20th 2019
you have a point but Reeq can wait outside.
Mar 12th 2019
Not for me, which is why I'm seeing it in the theater for $20
Mar 12th 2019
      hell yeah.
Mar 13th 2019
For anyone interested in seeing it in a theater near you...
Mar 12th 2019
Appreciate the link
Mar 13th 2019
My man (c)
Mar 13th 2019
I see the jig
Mar 13th 2019
Very very very very glad I didn't pay for this
Mar 16th 2019
      Dude, it would take a super hardcore fan of either guy to buy this for $...
Mar 17th 2019
           Same
Mar 17th 2019
Its a good fight but its gonna bomb PPV wise
Mar 13th 2019
Mikey might not be the same after this shit.
Mar 16th 2019
lmao yeah Manny's reluctance was pretty funny
Mar 17th 2019
Lol. Mikey talked all that shit about increasing his speed at SNAC
Mar 17th 2019
Gotta correct something here...
Mar 17th 2019
      RE: Gotta correct something here...
Mar 18th 2019
Mar 19th 2019
Mar 19th 2019
Mar 20th 2019
Errol Spense Jr. was too strong and too good for Mikey
Mar 17th 2019
Mikey woulda been better off going after Loma if he wanted...
Mar 17th 2019
my stream was awful what a whomping though... poor Mikey lol.
Mar 18th 2019
So where does Spence go from here (assuming
Mar 18th 2019
He wants Porter for the belt and Pacquiao for the money.
Mar 19th 2019
Spence is a legitimate P4P king right now
Mar 19th 2019
I disagree for now, but we'll see when he's consistently fighting guys
Mar 20th 2019
Shout out to Errol for making De La Hoya delete his Twitter accnt LOL
Mar 20th 2019
360,000+ PPV buys... better than Wilder/Fury
Mar 27th 2019
Very impressive
Mar 27th 2019

S_Ali
Charter member
1479 posts
Tue Mar-12-19 12:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Errol Spence Jr. vs Mikey Garcia fight week 3/16/19"
In response to Reply # 0

At first I didn't like the fight for Errol. Mikey has nothing to lose and Errol has nothing to gain. I was concerned about his motivation against a guy like Mikey. If there is something for Spence to gain from this fight, it is the opportunity to become a superstar and a pay per view attraction. Hopefully the reward will justify the risk that will allow for fights with Crawford or Thurman.

I "think" Garcia may be a better boxer. I also don't think we have seen the best of Errol Spence. Mikey has to be close to flawless for 12 rounds to win. I just can't see him being able to keep Spence off him for that long. His additional weight may come at the expense of his conditioning. Mikey is already a Hall of Famer and should he win will be in the GOAT discussion for his era. If Errol wins it does nothing for his legacy but will clearly benefit his future earning potential.

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Tue Mar-12-19 12:46 PM

2. "Agreed"
In response to Reply # 1

I totally agree that this does nothing for Errol. There are ppl saying whoever wins will be p4p, but the only person who increases their p4p status by winning is Garcia. With Thurman and Porter being so afraid to fight Errol, Garcia will look like a total "badass" if he wins (he said in an interview that he took the fight because he wanted to be a badass lol). I would also agree that Garcia is the better boxer according to what we've seen of the two, but I keep hearing Errol has all this skill we haven't seen.... which makes sense, because he walks around at 180, so he wouldn't have to show alotta skill to blast people out at 147... similar to Hurd at 154, walking around at 200. But anyway, a dominant win here could either gain Spence alotta Mexican fans or make him the next Floyd in the vein that he could fight hella Mexicans around Cinco De Mayo as they watch and hope he loses lol. I definitely don't think any higher of Spence for beating a little guy tho.

>At first I didn't like the fight for Errol. Mikey has
>nothing to lose and Errol has nothing to gain. I was
>concerned about his motivation against a guy like Mikey. If
>there is something for Spence to gain from this fight, it is
>the opportunity to become a superstar and a pay per view
>attraction. Hopefully the reward will justify the risk that
>will allow for fights with Crawford or Thurman.
>
>I "think" Garcia may be a better boxer. I also don't think we
>have seen the best of Errol Spence. Mikey has to be close to
>flawless for 12 rounds to win. I just can't see him being
>able to keep Spence off him for that long. His additional
>weight may come at the expense of his conditioning. Mikey is
>already a Hall of Famer and should he win will be in the GOAT
>discussion for his era. If Errol wins it does nothing for his
>legacy but will clearly benefit his future earning potential.
>

~
~
~
~
~

calminvasion
Charter member
12560 posts
Tue Mar-12-19 01:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Is this really ppv worthy? Interested but not like that"
In response to Reply # 0

Feels like a perfect Showtime or HBO (rip) fight

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Tue Mar-12-19 01:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "seriously. what makes this different from any of the free pbc events?"
In response to Reply # 3

S_Ali
Charter member
1479 posts
Tue Mar-12-19 01:59 PM

5. "RE: seriously. what makes this different from any of the free pbc event..."
In response to Reply # 4

You have two of the top 10 fighters in the sport fighting each other in their primes. You have an exceptional smaller man coming up in weight to challenge one of the most feared, avoided fighters in the sport. We don't know how good Spence is because none of the top guys in his division have been willing to fight him. This is definitely a pay per view fight.

calminvasion
Charter member
12560 posts
Tue Mar-12-19 03:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "Fair, but Don't agree. Not worth $50+ or whatever it's going for"
In response to Reply # 5

At least for me. Like Spence but he's not a big enough name yet, will be interesting what they draw

snacks
Member since Sep 15th 2005
5814 posts
Tue Mar-12-19 06:52 PM

8. "I almost agree but those undercards are garbage"
In response to Reply # 5

Like I keep going back and forth on whether or not I'd rather just stream it

The Brand Pod
https://www.youtube.com/@themonarchbrand
https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/2023071.rss

The Life Pod
https://www.youtube.com/@thewaterpodcast
https://redcircle.com/shows/the-water-podcast

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Tue Mar-12-19 11:58 PM

10. "Agree w/ everything there except the part about no one wanting to fight"
In response to Reply # 5

Spence. That's definitely true of the PBC guys, but Crawford ran up on Spence at a Maurice Hooker fight and let him know he wanted that smoke while Spence goes on about how he wants to go the "easy route" and fight Porter and Thurman first in order to be the "a-side." Spence also said he wants to "clean up his side of the street" before fighting Crawford. It's all politics and "building the fight", and it's annoying lol.

>You have two of the top 10 fighters in the sport fighting
>each other in their primes. You have an exceptional smaller
>man coming up in weight to challenge one of the most feared,
>avoided fighters in the sport. We don't know how good Spence
>is because none of the top guys in his division have been
>willing to fight him. This is definitely a pay per view
>fight.
>

~
~
~
~
~

S_Ali
Charter member
1479 posts
Wed Mar-13-19 09:39 AM

12. "RE: Agree w/ everything there except the part about no one wanting to fi..."
In response to Reply # 10

>Spence. That's definitely true of the PBC guys, but Crawford
>ran up on Spence at a Maurice Hooker fight and let him know he
>wanted that smoke while Spence goes on about how he wants to
>go the "easy route" and fight Porter and Thurman first in
>order to be the "a-side." Spence also said he wants to "clean
>up his side of the street" before fighting Crawford. It's all
>politics and "building the fight", and it's annoying lol.
>
>

When I hear Crawford is drawing a line in the sand and forcing Arum to work with Haymon to make a fight with Spence then I believe that. Otherwise, they are just words. I'm not saying Crawford doesn't want to fight Spence but a friendly confrontation at a fight doesn't necessarily make that fight happen. Errol has been calling out names for years and it hasn't gotten him anywhere. I think he sees the big picture now. The only guy I've truly wanted to see Crawford fight was Postol. There has been no huge demand for any of the opponents Crawford has faced to this day. I think he's an exceptional fighter, I went to the Garden to see him face Diaz. It's just difficult for me to get excited about him facing anyone I actually want to see him fight while he is still signed to Top Rank. Pacquiao was the biggest fight that could be made for him realistically and we didn't even get to see that.

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Wed Mar-20-19 07:54 AM

35. "RE: Agree w/ everything there except the part about no one wanting to fi..."
In response to Reply # 12
Wed Mar-20-19 08:10 AM by Boogie Stimuli

>>Spence. That's definitely true of the PBC guys, but
>Crawford
>>ran up on Spence at a Maurice Hooker fight and let him know
>he
>>wanted that smoke while Spence goes on about how he wants to
>>go the "easy route" and fight Porter and Thurman first in
>>order to be the "a-side." Spence also said he wants to
>"clean
>>up his side of the street" before fighting Crawford. It's
>all
>>politics and "building the fight", and it's annoying lol.
>>
>>
>
>When I hear Crawford is drawing a line in the sand and forcing
>Arum to work with Haymon to make a fight with Spence then I
>believe that. Otherwise, they are just words.

But hold up, have you heard that Errol is drawing a line in the sand and trying to force the fight? No. But what you HAVE heard is Errol saying **out of his own mouth** that he doesn't want to fight Crawford next and would rather take the "easy route" of fighting Porter. If you can still solely blame Crawford after hearing your boy say that, then that's a pretty high level of fanaticism and cognitive dissonance.

>Errol has been calling out names for years and it
>hasn't gotten him anywhere.

Hold up again. Be more honest here. He's been calling out **PBC** fighters for years, and those are the guys he says are "on his side of the street" and he still can't get the fights. Yet when Crawford is right there in his face, he says he wants to fight PBC guys. Never says he wants to fight Crawford right now. And again, Errol's not pushing for this fight either. He doesn't mention Crawford after his fights either. Both of them are playing network games. Did you see the Porter/ Ugas fight where they named top welterweights and left Crawford off the list? Spence is on Fox/Showtime/PBC payroll and with their program. They don't mention Crawford on their broadcasts because they don't wanna give shine to other networks. This is a 2-person dance Spence and Crawford are doing in order to build the fight. Hopefully that works out for them, because there's a guy coming up through the welterweight ranks who could put a wrench in all of this if he decides to go for a title shot.

~
~
~
~
~

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Mar-12-19 04:18 PM

7. "you have a point but Reeq can wait outside."
In response to Reply # 3

this is a big, no, huge fight, and damn hard to pick a winner for.

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Tue Mar-12-19 11:48 PM

9. "Not for me, which is why I'm seeing it in the theater for $20"
In response to Reply # 3

Plus I've never seen a boxing match at the movies, and I think it might be kinda cool.
Were it not for the theater option, I'd stream it, mainly because I refuse to pay $80 for a huge welterweight fighting a lightweight in his first fight at welterweight when BOTH of them have champions in their own weight classes who'd be everyone wants to see them fight, but they they're playing politics by keeping everything in-house at PBC. Shit's ridiculous. However, Mikey's confidence and Errol's killer instinct do make this a fight I can't miss. The build up has sold me. Initially I was mad this fight even got made, because I'd rather seem Mikey vs Lomachenko for undisputed and Spence vs Crawford unification.

~
~
~
~
~

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Mar-13-19 12:55 PM

14. "hell yeah."
In response to Reply # 9

> I'd rather seem Mikey vs Lomachenko for undisputed and
>Spence vs Crawford unification.

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Tue Mar-12-19 11:59 PM

11. "For anyone interested in seeing it in a theater near you..."
In response to Reply # 0

go to fathomevents.com to find the theater showing it nearest you

~
~
~
~
~

Hitokiri
Charter member
22092 posts
Wed Mar-13-19 11:01 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "Appreciate the link"
In response to Reply # 11

too bad the theaters showing it are the waaaaaaay out in the burbs one. So stream it is.

Errol is my favorite boxer right now and i agree with everyone saying this fight doesn't really do anything for him. But I'm just glad he's staying busy while Keith "Run Time" Thurman does what he does.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

snacks
5814 posts
Wed Mar-13-19 05:11 PM

15. "My man (c)"
In response to Reply # 11

The Brand Pod

The Life Pod

snacks
5814 posts
Wed Mar-13-19 05:13 PM

16. "I see the jig"
In response to Reply # 0

There seems to be this narrative being created that the fight isn't as lopsided as people had previously thought and that Mikey's size will translate. I WANT to buy in, but nah man I seen this one before. My ass will still support but I don't see this going any way other than a mid-late round stoppage

The Brand Pod

The Life Pod

snacks
5814 posts
Sat Mar-16-19 11:26 PM

18. "Very very very very glad I didn't pay for this"
In response to Reply # 16

The Brand Pod

The Life Pod

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Sun Mar-17-19 02:33 AM

21. "Dude, it would take a super hardcore fan of either guy to buy this for $..."
In response to Reply # 18

If no theater is showing Crawford vs Khan, I'll probably buy that but only because I'm a hardcore Bud fan and love watching him box... plus that fight will be at least 6 rounds of really good action. I hope it's not 75 bucks tho.

~
~
~
~
~

snacks
5814 posts
Sun Mar-17-19 10:37 AM

24. "Same"
In response to Reply # 21

If it IS 75, I'm more willing to pay that because the undercards are better (fan of Shakur and Lopez) but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that

The Brand Pod

The Life Pod

ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43347 posts
Wed Mar-13-19 07:43 PM

17. "Its a good fight but its gonna bomb PPV wise"
In response to Reply # 0

74.95? cmon

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

b2thej
Member since Feb 11th 2005
9146 posts
Sat Mar-16-19 11:47 PM

19. "Mikey might not be the same after this shit."
In response to Reply # 0

Pretty much went how I thought it would. I love Mikey as a fighter but I didn't give him a chance for one major reason. When other fighters moved up to fight bigger guys they had the speed advantage. Mikey's hand speed was way too slow to challenge Errol.

Now on to Errol, damn that shit was absolutely dominating. The only reason Mikey didn't go down is because of his pedigree. Outside of Terrence Crawford I think Errol probably scared the other welterweights even more because of the boxing ability he showed. Even Manny gave a long pause before saying he'd like to fight Errol next lol.

PSN ID - dirty_MF_bucks

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Sun Mar-17-19 02:37 AM

22. "lmao yeah Manny's reluctance was pretty funny"
In response to Reply # 19

>Pretty much went how I thought it would. I love Mikey as a
>fighter but I didn't give him a chance for one major reason.
>When other fighters moved up to fight bigger guys they had the
>speed advantage. Mikey's hand speed was way too slow to
>challenge Errol.

Word. I was watching fighter's predictions and advice about the fight, and Manny's response was that Mikey would have to be really fast, because speed is key when fighting a bigger guy. Mikey claimed to be working on that, but I damn sure couldn't tell watching the fight.

>Even Manny gave a long pause before saying he'd like
>to fight Errol next lol.

Man I ctfu. "Um I'm very happy to be here" lmfao

~
~
~
~
~

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Sun Mar-17-19 02:29 AM

20. "Lol. Mikey talked all that shit about increasing his speed at SNAC"
In response to Reply # 0

and looked like the exact same fighter he's always been. This was the domination that most people were expecting, that he was supposed to prove wrong. The real upside to Mikey's loss is that Dana White lost $10,000 betting on him.
Mikey remains the Tim Duncan of boxing with excellent fundamentals but nothing flashy or special... which actually worked out well for him in the sense that he keeps his hands up very well and didn't get KO'd or even knocked down. His chin is very solid... which isn't really a compliment when I'm only saying it because you got his so much by the most feared puncher in the division. His only "victory" here is that he ended Errol's KO streak. Other than that, he barely had any success at all outside of the 2nd round. There was one other round I thought could be given to him, but I don't remember which one right now.
Errol showed more movement than I've ever seen him show. He made himself very hard for Mikey to find, which isn't super hard to do as the taller, stronger fighter with a longer reach but was still more than he usually does. Also, this nigga threw over ONE THOUSAND punches lol wtf. One of the busiest jabs in the game. He also took a few shots from Mikey but his face never looks like he's being harmed at all, which is another reason I always say he's gonna have to move up at least one weight class to have any truly competitive fights outside of perhaps Terence Crawford. As for future fights, he went at Shawn Porter in the post fight interview and Shawn joked that shit right off lol. Manny claimed to wanted the winner BEFORE the fight, but after the fight he was on some "very happy to be here.... eh why not" when they asked if he still wanted smoke lol. I don't see any of those PBC guys wanting smoke after this performance. He's gonna have to "cross the street" and pursue that fight with Crawford.

~
~
~
~
~

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Sun Mar-17-19 10:45 AM

25. "Gotta correct something here..."
In response to Reply # 20
Sun Mar-17-19 10:58 AM by Boogie Stimuli

Saw a post fight interview, and his right eye was slightly swollen but nothing serious. Other than the Brook fight, I've never seen him look busted up at all, so I guess that that for Mikey lol. Errol dominated but not in the way that alotta people expected him to. He used some boxing ability and disruption of Mikey's rhythm, movement and distance control rather than just walking him down and punishing him as he probably could have. He seemed upset that people chose against him based on what they'd seen of him, but that's all you can expect people to judge a fight on. I personally don't trip on ppl not picking a fighter to win based on his race, especially if you're betting, and that's what he seems to want people to do (refer to his tweet: "My people stay going against the grain"). At the same time, I can't be mad at him for thinking that way when Mexican trainers and fighters very often say "I gotta go with the Mexican" when they're asked who they're picking, and nobody judges them for doing that, but they'll call Black folks "racist" when we do it. He referenced this in his post fight interview when he talked about Ray Leonard and Mike Tyson picking against him even tho their own ethnic groups always rooted for them, and all the Mexican legends also picked Mikey, so Spence said he felt insulted (you can see that around 4:40 in this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEExNmgKaD4 ). But anyway, Spence finally showed some of this skill that people behind the scenes kept saying he had. Mikey's last fight was against Robert Easter Jr who is actually taller than Errol with a much longer reach but isn't nearly as strong or even as skilled.

~
~
~
~
~

S_Ali
Charter member
1479 posts
Mon Mar-18-19 09:28 AM

27. "RE: Gotta correct something here..."
In response to Reply # 25

I was surprised he made his issues public concerning the predictions of Tyson, Leonard, and Foreman. From listening to him talk I think his real issue is people not giving him credit for his ability or his ring IQ. Mikey has the pedigree and he is essentially a brute. This could be the reason why he chose this approach. If you go back to early interviews Spence always believed he could box Garcia. Everyone expected Spence to apply pressure immediately, including me. He humiliated Mikey by boxing and keeping him on the end of that jab. All 3 judges scored the fight a shutout. Errol is simply a better fighter. I give Mikey credit for his heart and his defensive ability of not taking a lot of clean shots. But let's be clear, his focus was survival not winning the fight.

I was surprised he took a shot at Porter at the end of the fight. Turns out the only reason he was fighting Garcia is because Porter didn't want to fight. Errol is the man at 147 now, literally and figuratively. A fight with Porter does nothing for him now other than collect another belt which clearly doesn't mean anything anymore. None of the other champions or names seemed to be interested in his IBF belt.

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Tue Mar-19-19 09:08 AM

30. "RE: Gotta correct something here..."
In response to Reply # 27

>A fight with Porter does
>nothing for him now other than collect another belt which
>clearly doesn't mean anything anymore.

It means a lot, because Errol wants to be undisputed at 147 as does Crawford. Thankfully some fighters are interested in being the best in their division, because those are the fights that I wanna see as a fan. This is the reason Errol got in the ring and challenged Porter after his fight with Danny G.

~
~
~
~
~

S_Ali
Charter member
1479 posts
Tue Mar-19-19 11:11 AM

32. "RE: Gotta correct something here..."
In response to Reply # 30

>
>It means a lot, because Errol wants to be undisputed at 147 as
>does Crawford. Thankfully some fighters are interested in
>being the best in their division, because those are the fights
>that I wanna see as a fan. This is the reason Errol got in
>the ring and challenged Porter after his fight with Danny G.
>

Outside of a tournament, this rarely happens. You can waste years trying to prove something or focus on making the most money possible why you still have the opportunity. Errol was talking unification before he became a champ. As you mentioned earlier that man came in the ring to publicly challenge Shawn Porter right after his fight with Danny Garcia. Ultimately, Porter chose to fight Ugas. I don't think Porter is scared of anybody. If that fight happens next it is worth more money now. I don't see Thurman facing any of the top guys until later next year judging by his last performance. I'm just saying all four guys have to be willing and available to fight in order to unify. Thurman, Garcia, and Porter have been willing to fight each other. Just not Spence.

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Wed Mar-20-19 08:04 AM

36. "RE: Gotta correct something here..."
In response to Reply # 32

>Outside of a tournament, this rarely happens. You can waste
>years trying to prove something or focus on making the most
>money possible why you still have the opportunity. Errol was
>talking unification before he became a champ. As you
>mentioned earlier that man came in the ring to publicly
>challenge Shawn Porter right after his fight with Danny
>Garcia. Ultimately, Porter chose to fight Ugas. I don't
>think Porter is scared of anybody. If that fight happens next
>it is worth more money now. I don't see Thurman facing any of
>the top guys until later next year judging by his last
>performance. I'm just saying all four guys have to be willing
>and available to fight in order to unify. Thurman, Garcia,
>and Porter have been willing to fight each other. Just not
>Spence.

Seeing as this is a response to me saying the belts mean a lot to Spence because he wants to be undisputed, I'm gonna assume your main point here is that the belts are unimportant due to the fact that PBC guys (Porter and Thurman) are dodging him. My response is that that hasn't made him less eager to get the belts and thus haven't diminished their importance to him. I do agree that he should remain active and get his money in the interim tho.

~
~
~
~
~

LegacyNS
Member since Jan 16th 2004
38095 posts
Sun Mar-17-19 09:09 AM

23. "Errol Spense Jr. was too strong and too good for Mikey"
In response to Reply # 0

that right jab... endgame..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================

BlassFemur
Member since Mar 26th 2008
10309 posts
Sun Mar-17-19 01:50 PM

26. "Mikey woulda been better off going after Loma if he wanted..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Mar-17-19 01:51 PM by BlassFemur

a jolt to his legacy... cause Spence was a bad bad decision from the start.

https://banafrit.com/
http://middlebrainmedia.com/

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Mon Mar-18-19 01:37 PM

28. "my stream was awful what a whomping though... poor Mikey lol."
In response to Reply # 0

you knew his size was gonna hurt but seriously who had the speed activity playing out like that?! imo his corner shoulda pulled the plug that was an unnecessary clobbering that likely took serious career mileage out of the guy... imo no shame in protecting him and even if there is some pride in finishing the fight not enough top be worth it at that point.

all props and respect to Errol total domination of a 4 div champ! who does that? Spence that's who.

snacks
5814 posts
Mon Mar-18-19 07:40 PM

29. "So where does Spence go from here (assuming "
In response to Reply # 0

... The Crawford fight doesn't happen until 2020 or so)?

No one on the PBC side wants smoke so who would he fight? Brandon Rios? I would personally like to see him dare to be great and fight Erislandy Lara at 154

The Brand Pod

The Life Pod

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Tue Mar-19-19 09:16 AM

31. "He wants Porter for the belt and Pacquiao for the money."
In response to Reply # 29
Tue Mar-19-19 09:23 AM by Boogie Stimuli

If he fights Pacquiao, it'll be in July, because they both can fight in July. Pacquiao has reportedly even said Spence isn't that good and doesn't hit that hard. Refer to this article: https://sports.mb.com.ph/2019/03/18/pacquiao-take-on-spence-just-like-ledwaba/
I personally think Pacman is too old for this challenge and Spence will indeed "give him that retirement check" as he said at his post fight press conference. I actually don't even want this fight to happen, because the outcome is a forgone conclusion. But hey, maybe it's the fight Pacquiao need in order to understand it's time to retire. If it was a 10 yrs younger Pacquiao, it would be a good fight.

~
~
~
~
~

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Tue Mar-19-19 11:44 AM

33. "Spence is a legitimate P4P king right now"
In response to Reply # 0

He did that with Floyd-like ease.

-->

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Wed Mar-20-19 07:44 AM

34. "I disagree for now, but we'll see when he's consistently fighting guys"
In response to Reply # 33

his own size or bigger than himself.

)

~
~
~
~
~

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Wed Mar-20-19 12:32 PM

37. "Shout out to Errol for making De La Hoya delete his Twitter accnt LOL"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Mar-20-19 12:34 PM by Boogie Stimuli

https://twitter.com/ErrolSpenceJr/status/1107167757995524098

Oscar's tweet congratulated Errol and said Errol should let him promote his next fight if he wants to make some "real money." Oscar done went into Twitter hiding after the etherous response.

~
~
~
~
~

Boogie Stimuli
14000 posts
Wed Mar-27-19 11:22 AM

38. "360,000+ PPV buys... better than Wilder/Fury"
In response to Reply # 0

Good numbers for the streaming era, so everyone who thought this would fail on ppv was very wrong lol

~
~
~
~
~

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66720 posts
Wed Mar-27-19 12:05 PM

39. "Very impressive "
In response to Reply # 38

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2690290 Previous topic | Next topic