Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2689755

Subject: "R.I.P. King Kong Bundy" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56230 posts
Tue Mar-05-19 07:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"R.I.P. King Kong Bundy"

https://www.wwe.com/article/king-kong-bundy-passes-away

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RIP
Mar 05th 2019
Mar 05th 2019
respect due...
Mar 05th 2019
Funny story
Mar 05th 2019
yeah i know he was on the indepedent circuit like AWA and shit
Mar 08th 2019
      Yo, I forgot Snuka was there too
Mar 08th 2019
           that's like seeing al leiter and david wells pitch independent league ba...
Mar 08th 2019
RIP to a very entertaining performer
Mar 08th 2019
It’s weird that WCW never brought him in
Mar 08th 2019
      exactly, seems like he was kinda short-changed in his career
Mar 08th 2019
Rest in peace.
Mar 09th 2019

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Tue Mar-05-19 09:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RIP"
In response to Reply # 0

One of the first wrestlers I actually remember

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66746 posts
Tue Mar-05-19 10:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "1...2....3....4.....5"
In response to Reply # 0

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

CyrenYoung
Charter member
34204 posts
Tue Mar-05-19 11:26 AM

3. "respect due..."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Mar-05-19 11:27 AM by CyrenYoung

..to a funny guy.

Saw him in person at the 1st WWE(F) Survivor Series ('87). Took my youngest brother (HUGE wrestling fan at the time) to the 1st all-star event for the WWF.

Great seats near the main entrance aisle for the ring.

My brother took one look at his wrestling heroes in person and started crying LOL.

Apparently, it was all too much for him. Fortunately, King Kong Bundy was a bit of a comedian and a good sport. Somehow, he managed to get my brother to laugh at his stupid antics, while still being the menacing monster.

*skatin' the rings of saturn*

..and miles to go before i sleep...

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Tue Mar-05-19 11:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Funny story"
In response to Reply # 0

To say I live in a rural community is an understatement. I live in the land of county fairs. At our local county fair they always had one evening dedicated to wresting.

My step-son was big into wrestling and my father-in-law was on the county fair board so we got passes. I jokingly said, "King Kong Bundy is going to be there." I had no idea who was going to be there and assumed it was just going to be some class C wrestlers from our local wrestling school.

They announce the main event and mother effer, it was King Kong Bundy verses Doink. I was cracking the hell up. The Rock-n-Roll Express wrestled The Killer Bees on the under card.

He ended up getting an autograph from King Kong Bundy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri Mar-08-19 03:54 PM

6. "yeah i know he was on the indepedent circuit like AWA and shit"
In response to Reply # 4

wrestling against doink, jimmy snuka and them. i was kinda pissed he and snuka weren't in a big federation, really i didn't get to see any of those matches.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Fri Mar-08-19 04:00 PM

7. "Yo, I forgot Snuka was there too"
In response to Reply # 6

His forehead was scared AF from all the razor blade cuts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Fri Mar-08-19 04:55 PM

8. "that's like seeing al leiter and david wells pitch independent league ba..."
In response to Reply # 7

awesome that you guys got to see them but i can't think of another sport where established guys would end up on that kind of circuit. such a weird industry.

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Fri Mar-08-19 03:53 PM

5. "RIP to a very entertaining performer"
In response to Reply # 0

The five-count was awesome and he was a great villain to Hogan in the real early Wrestlemania days. I was mostly looking back at those on video and not seeing him much, but then I remember out of nowhere he showed up at an ECW event to team with Terry Funk against Sabu and Hawk. I didn't follow his career too too closely but he always seemed like a guy who didn't quite get his due from the big federations even though they threw some weight behind him at first in the WWF. I thought he was a lot of fun, especially when comparing him to other guys his size or even close to it.

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18637 posts
Fri Mar-08-19 05:07 PM

9. "It’s weird that WCW never brought him in"
In response to Reply # 5

They brought in a ton of former WWF guys with big names. Bundy was in WWF from 85-88 and again in 95. Weird that he didn’t have an early 90s or late 90s WCW run like basically everybody else did.

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Fri Mar-08-19 10:01 PM

10. "exactly, seems like he was kinda short-changed in his career"
In response to Reply # 9

he got a big push right away and then it fizzled out. cage match with hogan was the peak but he was in the business for a long time after that

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Sat Mar-09-19 11:59 PM

11. "Rest in peace."
In response to Reply # 0

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2689755 Previous topic | Next topic