Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2689052

Subject: "Mike Bibby under investigation for sexual assualt" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56190 posts
Tue Feb-26-19 11:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Mike Bibby under investigation for sexual assualt"

https://deadspin.com/mike-bibby-is-under-investigation-for-allegedly-groping-1832897479

A high school teacher at Shadow Mountain High School in Phoenix, Ariz., received a restraining order against former NBA player Mike Bibby, after alleging that the former Sacramento Kings star forcefully rubbed his genitals on her and groped her in 2017. The Arizona Republic also reports that Bibby, who is the current boys’ basketball coach at the school, is under investigation by Phoenix police, as confirmed by the Paradise Valley Unified School District. Bibby, through his attorney, denied the allegations.

The alleged incident took place on Feb 14., 2017, in the parking lot of the school as the teacher was walking to her classroom. As detailed in the restraining order, Bibby allegedly called her over to his car, grabbed her by the hips, pushed her into the driver’s seat, and got on top of her, rubbing his own body and genitals on her, telling her “What I could do to you.” The teacher wrote in the restraining order that she was “in shock, in fear, intimidated by his actions, afraid of him as he smelled of alcohol.” The order also states that at least two other staff members witnessed the event.

School district spokeswoman Becky Kelbaugh confirmed that there had been an internal investigation into allegations before Phoenix PD informed them of the incident earlier this month:

On February 14, 2019, PV Schools was notified that the Phoenix Police Department opened an investigation into alleged sexual abuse/harassment of a Shadow Mountain High School staff member by the boys head basketball coach, Mike Bibby. At the request of the Phoenix Police Department, the District’s internal investigation was suspended pending the conclusion of the Police Department’s active investigation into the accusations.

Bibby’s lawyer, Donald Harris, categorically denied the allegations.

I can say with pretty much certainty this alleged incident didn’t happen and that will be shown down the road. Michael Bibby did not participate in a sexual assault of any way, shape or form that was alleged by this lady two years ago.

Bibby has been coaching basketball at Shadow Mountain High School since 2013, and has won the Arizona state title in five of the six years he’s been the head coach. The most recent of those came this past Saturday, as Shadow Mountain defeated Glendale Deer Valley High in the state finals to clinch its fourth consecutive title. Bibby was part of the school’s first state title back in 1996, before going off to the University of Arizona, where he won the national title in 1997.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Bitch iz lyin - Tommy Bunz
Feb 26th 2019
Classy!
Feb 26th 2019
What would that even look like
Feb 26th 2019
*here's what I'd do if I were hypothetically there*
Feb 26th 2019
anybody remember when don lemon told that bill cosby accuser
Feb 26th 2019
      Wtf
Feb 26th 2019
      The fuck!!!
Feb 26th 2019
      yuuup.
Feb 27th 2019
Time is a flat circle.
Feb 26th 2019
RE: What would that even look like
Feb 27th 2019
He is a dick. But in the school parking lot?!
Feb 27th 2019
I hope it isn't true. I always liked Mike.
Feb 27th 2019
While sexual assault is not an act of physical power might like a fight.
Feb 27th 2019
am the only one
Feb 28th 2019
As big as he is now, he could've molested the football coach
Feb 28th 2019
      He morphed from a southern Cali kid to a Jersey shore adult
Feb 28th 2019

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Tue Feb-26-19 04:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Bitch iz lyin - Tommy Bunz"
In response to Reply # 0

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://Tupreme.com

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86642 posts
Tue Feb-26-19 05:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Classy!"
In response to Reply # 1

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4380 posts
Tue Feb-26-19 06:20 PM

3. "What would that even look like"
In response to Reply # 0

If I'm imagining it the way the incident is described, and I'm one of the 2 witnesses there, I'm calling the cops (I probably couldn't walk over there and beat his ass tbh)

Wondering why this took so long to come out if there were witnesses there. In a parking lot, much less a school parking lot, I'm calling the cops.

Rjcc
Charter member
94934 posts
Tue Feb-26-19 07:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "*here's what I'd do if I were hypothetically there*"
In response to Reply # 3

is a guy you don't actually have to be.

it's entirely your choice.

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Tue Feb-26-19 08:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "anybody remember when don lemon told that bill cosby accuser"
In response to Reply # 4

that instead of being forced to give him head...she coulda just bit his dick off? lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCa5AIrpT4Y

niggas monday morning quarterbacking sexual assault smh.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59129 posts
Tue Feb-26-19 08:23 PM

6. "Wtf"
In response to Reply # 5

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Dstl1
Charter member
56190 posts
Tue Feb-26-19 10:59 PM

7. "The fuck!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Rjcc
Charter member
94934 posts
Wed Feb-27-19 04:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "yuuup. "
In response to Reply # 5

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24375 posts
Tue Feb-26-19 11:07 PM

8. "Time is a flat circle."
In response to Reply # 3

>Wondering why this took so long to come out if there were
>witnesses there.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Wed Feb-27-19 10:08 AM

9. "RE: What would that even look like"
In response to Reply # 3

>If I'm imagining it the way the incident is described, and
>I'm one of the 2 witnesses there, I'm calling the cops (I
>probably couldn't walk over there and beat his ass tbh)

have you seen what Mike Bibby looks like recently?

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32081 posts
Wed Feb-27-19 10:10 AM

10. "He is a dick. But in the school parking lot?!"
In response to Reply # 0

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Wed Feb-27-19 11:01 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "I hope it isn't true. I always liked Mike."
In response to Reply # 0

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8740 posts
Wed Feb-27-19 04:33 PM

13. "While sexual assault is not an act of physical power might like a fight."
In response to Reply # 0

There is a sense of intimidation that comes over victims where 'rational' logic doesn't reign in the victim.

Like we've probably all been in physical fights at one point or another, but certainly when we go to fight our hormones flood our minds. And unless you've been trained as a boxer or fighter you're not thinking clearly in the moment, you're just reacting.

Or like when soldiers enter battle. Sometimes training kicks in and they're ready to go, but there are cases where soldiers freeze up or expel fluids on themselves because the event is too much to rationally process.

Likely these victims and even witnesses are processing these events and are so overwhelmed by their audacity that acting as 'expected' doesn't take place.

I know at times I read these stories and can't process it and want to dismiss them, but that's because my interactions with men are mostly platonic. Instances of physical intimidation with men are rare for me, and I'm guessing most of us. It's hard for me to imagine even men who seem too tough for their own good to go that rogue. While I don't think any of us would cross *that* line, we've probably had emotions kick in that remind us of a part of ourselves which we are shocked by and horrify us.

Even though these men don't *seem* like the type who would do this, we all know that violence towards women happens. Unfortunately, it's not always by people who seem emotionally stunted or severely mentally ill.

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132212 posts
Thu Feb-28-19 08:40 AM

14. "am the only one"
In response to Reply # 0

who was relieved this wasn't some R. Kelly shit?

Still bad, but I don't want to think of him as R. Kelly-type bad

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10883 posts
Thu Feb-28-19 09:00 AM

15. "As big as he is now, he could've molested the football coach"
In response to Reply # 14

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Thu Feb-28-19 09:03 AM

16. "He morphed from a southern Cali kid to a Jersey shore adult"
In response to Reply # 15

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2689052 Previous topic | Next topic