Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2687458

Subject: "I respect Kyler Murray's decision but..." Previous topic | Next topic
COOLEHMAGAZINE
Member since May 22nd 2007
5563 posts
Mon Feb-11-19 04:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I respect Kyler Murray's decision but..."

I wish it didn't feel like the start of a pretty depressing 30-for-30

I'm from the lost black tribe of Israel, the Yos

http://coolehmag.com/frontEnd/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
His football stock is high af right now
Feb 11th 2019
He does but top 10 NFL money should offset that
Feb 11th 2019
How so?
Feb 11th 2019
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1095020486042497027
Feb 11th 2019
Yeah?
Feb 11th 2019
      Sorry, man...this wasn’t meant for you...
Feb 11th 2019
RE: How so?
Feb 11th 2019
I am excited because I like watching him play football
Feb 11th 2019
go to Denver. start a chicken farm with Von.
Feb 11th 2019
fins will pick him up
Feb 11th 2019
LOL. How? He's smart, nice and from a great family.
Feb 11th 2019
RE: LOL. How? He's smart, nice and from a great family.
Feb 12th 2019
No, worst case for him is
Feb 12th 2019
Bottom line, he wants football in a way he doesn't want baseball
Feb 12th 2019
Charley Casserly: Comments on Kyler Murray were worst he has heard
Mar 05th 2019
everyone uses the best players in baseballs salaries tp prove their poin...
Mar 05th 2019
RE: I respect Kyler Murray's decision but...
Apr 26th 2019
Prolly get 4 years/35 mill
Apr 26th 2019
Plus endorsement money. Already signed with Nike and...
Apr 26th 2019
RE: I respect Kyler Murray's decision but...
Apr 26th 2019
35 mil. Fully guaranteed
May 10th 2019
Huge W for Kyler
May 10th 2019
Yup. Everyone used the huge contracts in MLB but those are rare
May 10th 2019
      I think there is a debate to be had
May 10th 2019
      If he was a 5th round pick, it would be one thing
May 10th 2019
           "I just never thought he would go that high" *stands in this line*
May 10th 2019
Young man secured the bag
May 10th 2019

legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79325 posts
Mon Feb-11-19 05:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "His football stock is high af right now"
In response to Reply # 0

If the man loves football not sure how you can fault him.

Does he have to return the MLB money?

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66720 posts
Mon Feb-11-19 06:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "He does but top 10 NFL money should offset that "
In response to Reply # 1

>If the man loves football not sure how you can fault him.
>
>Does he have to return the MLB money?

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Mon Feb-11-19 05:10 PM

2. "How so? "
In response to Reply # 0

Say he never gets past his size at the next level and maybe barely makes a roster, after a few years he'll be all of 23 or so and can go back to baseball or go do whatever. Initial money aside, he's walking away from a sport that means your life is basically set and spoken for; that will still be there, if he doesn't cut it in the NFL.

Dstl1
Charter member
56187 posts
Mon Feb-11-19 05:12 PM

3. "https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1095020486042497027"
In response to Reply # 2

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1095020486042497027

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Mon Feb-11-19 05:19 PM

4. "Yeah?"
In response to Reply # 3

Like I said, initial contract aside, there isn't a lot of downside for taking a run at the NFL now. He keeps that As money, he is an As "asset" for the next seven or eight years and will never know which direction he should/could have gone. I imagine he'll figure out if he has a future in the NFL well within time to go back to the As; he won't have that bonus, but he will still be paid commiserate with his draft position.

Dstl1
Charter member
56187 posts
Mon Feb-11-19 05:37 PM

7. "Sorry, man...this wasn’t meant for you..."
In response to Reply # 4

I was trying to reply to Legs, who asked if he had to give back the MLB money.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Mon Feb-11-19 06:47 PM

10. "RE: How so? "
In response to Reply # 2

Injuries/long term career benefits?

Or if it's gonna be a whopper of a 30-for-30; he gets hurt, NFL players strike over next deal, he tries to go back to baseball and flames out the minor leagues…something extra depressing.

I hope not, I know very little about the guy other than a couple games and some highlights.

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Mon Feb-11-19 05:24 PM

5. "I am excited because I like watching him play football"
In response to Reply # 0

exciting back, likely first-rounder, gets to the pros immediately this way.

sucks to fork over $4M or whatever the bonus was but he will make that in short order in the NFL. in the end it's about where his passion lies and what's best for him/his family. if he flames out in the NFL he can always give baseball another go.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

HecticHavoc
Member since May 13th 2005
7591 posts
Mon Feb-11-19 05:26 PM

6. "go to Denver. start a chicken farm with Von. "
In response to Reply # 0

but, unfortunately, John Elway ignores his scouts and drafts leftover Olive Garden back alley trash bins, and I fear that he would be too scared to draft Kyler.

sad.

but LOVE THIS DECISION.

-----------------------------------------

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
84997 posts
Mon Feb-11-19 06:45 PM

9. "fins will pick him up"
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Mon Feb-11-19 10:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "LOL. How? He's smart, nice and from a great family. "
In response to Reply # 0

Worst case is that he's not good in the NFL.

So?

Lots of people aren't.

No big deal.

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Tue Feb-12-19 12:33 AM

12. "RE: LOL. How? He's smart, nice and from a great family. "
In response to Reply # 11

I would say worst case is he ends up on a poorly matched squad, gets badly injured and his baseball situation is compromised as a result and everyone wonders what could have been.

Notice I said "pretty depressing 30-for-30" not "cry-your-eyes out"

I don't think he is going to end up shot dead in the streets six years over a fentanyl deal gone wrong, a ripple effect of a nasty concussion he got in training camp that ended his career before it started…but hey, that works too!

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Tue Feb-12-19 02:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "No, worst case for him is"
In response to Reply # 11

He can switch to baseball at 23 if things don't work out for him. He was drafted in the first round.

If they are going to give Tebow a shot, you best believe clubs will line up for a first round talent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Tue Feb-12-19 08:39 AM

13. "Bottom line, he wants football in a way he doesn't want baseball"
In response to Reply # 0

If he was serious about a baseball career, he wouldn't have requested to play a year of football at OU to begin with.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Tue Mar-05-19 05:20 PM

15. "Charley Casserly: Comments on Kyler Murray were worst he has heard"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/less-than-a-week-after-the-combine-critics-come-out-against-kyler-murray-215935459.html

NFLN's Charley Casserly: Comments from teams on Kyler Murray were worst he has heard

Frank Schwab
Yahoo Sports
March 5, 2019

It’s an annual rite of passage for top quarterbacks entering the NFL: Critics come out knocking them for ... well, anything and everything.

There was some minor pullback over Kyler Murray not working out at the NFL scouting combine last week, but mostly he had a good week considering everyone left Indianapolis thinking he’d be the first pick of the draft. But we all knew the backlash was coming at some point.

Very few elite prospects at quarterback avoid getting ripped, and Murray won’t be an exception. Former NFL general manager and current NFL Network analyst Charley Casserly said Tuesday that the comments about Murray coming out of the combine were the worst he had ever heard about a highly-rated quarterback. Yes, the worst. He was around when Johnny Manziel was a first-round pick.

And to think, there’s more than seven weeks to go before the draft.

Kyler Murray apparently didn’t impress all teams at the combine
Casserly started his comments on Murray by saying, “He better hope (Arizona coach) Kliff Kingsbury takes him No. 1 because this was not good.” Apparently Murray didn’t make a good impression at the combine.

“Leadership? Not good. Study habits? Not good. The board work? Below not good,” Casserly said. “Not good at all in any of those areas and raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do.”

That’s pretty much a clean sweep. Casserly hasn’t been anti-Murray; on Twitter he said that Murray’s height isn’t a big deal because Russell Wilson succeeded at the same size. Matt Miller of Bleacher Report said “a few teams” thought Murray interviewed poorly last week. So Casserly isn’t alone.

But even if Murray is viewed by most teams as a bad leader who doesn’t study well and was unimpressive drawing up plays on the board, it might not matter anyway.

Cardinals may be set on Murray

Casserly also said on NFL Network he heard the Arizona Cardinals are shopping Josh Rosen in a trade.

The knocks against Murray are unimportant if the Cardinals don’t care. It seems all signs right now point to Murray being the top pick of the draft, and if that’s the case then what the other 31 teams think don’t matter.

Murray isn’t the first quarterback to get this treatment. From Cam Newton to Josh Rosen to Lamar Jackson and almost everyone in between, part of the pre-draft process is tearing down the top quarterbacks. It’s fairly predictable. It will happen next year to Tua Tagovailoa. We’ll spend two more years praising Trevor Lawrence, then he’ll get ripped too before he’s drafted.

So welcome to the NFL, Kyler. You haven’t really made it as a top quarterback prospect until you’re picked apart before the draft.

legsdiamond
79325 posts
Tue Mar-05-19 08:11 PM

16. "everyone uses the best players in baseballs salaries tp prove their poin..."
In response to Reply # 0

He will have multiple chances to fail in the NFL vs the MLB

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 02:11 PM

17. "RE: I respect Kyler Murray's decision but..."
In response to Reply # 0

I think the decision ended up pretty well. I mean he could still get injured as anyone can but going number 1 certainly helps his pockets out now.

legsdiamond
79325 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 02:45 PM

18. "Prolly get 4 years/35 mill"
In response to Reply # 17

It won’t all be guaranteed but still... not bad at all.

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 03:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
19. "Plus endorsement money. Already signed with Nike and..."
Fri Apr-26-19 03:35 PM by Creole

dude already got his own signature shoe. I think he had these on last night with that pink suit he was rockin.

https://sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/kyler-murray-air-jordan-1-low-2.jpg?w=780

Yeah. He gon be alright.

He'll be the most highly-profiled one of all the 2019 Nike stable they just added to the fold.

Having his own shoe, and with the right deal in place, is gonna have the young man's pockets more than straight.

Edit: According to SneakerNews, it's a player exclusive (PE) and not a signature shoe as I originally believed after reading the first piece I found.

More about Nike: https://theundefeated.com/features/cardinals-qb-kyler-murray-might-just-be-nikes-next-nfl-superstar-athlete/

--- praying for peace, love, and power

COOLEHMAGAZINE
5563 posts
Fri Apr-26-19 06:12 PM

20. "RE: I respect Kyler Murray's decision but..."

It appears to be working out pretty well so far!

I hope it continues as such, seems like a decent enough guy.

legsdiamond
79325 posts
Fri May-10-19 05:23 AM

21. "35 mil. Fully guaranteed "
In response to Reply # 0

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri May-10-19 09:14 AM

22. "Huge W for Kyler"
In response to Reply # 21

He might not have been in the position to command this kind of money from the A's for at least 7 years or so, at the earliest.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

legsdiamond
79325 posts
Fri May-10-19 10:41 AM

23. "Yup. Everyone used the huge contracts in MLB but those are rare"
In response to Reply # 22

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66720 posts
Fri May-10-19 11:08 AM

24. "I think there is a debate to be had"
In response to Reply # 23

But doing what he wants supersedes everything. And bare minimum now he has $35m so theres nothing to talk about it.

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri May-10-19 12:34 PM

25. "If he was a 5th round pick, it would be one thing"
In response to Reply # 23

But #1 overall? Can't pass that up.

I just never thought he would actually go that high.

------

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15893 posts
Fri May-10-19 12:57 PM

26. ""I just never thought he would go that high" *stands in this line*"
In response to Reply # 25

Hell, I sincerely doubt even he thought his story would end up like this. He spent his freshman year at A&M and played about half the season. Transferred to Oklahoma, sat out one year, then backed up Mayfield. He wasn't even the guaranteed starter the next year. He had a pretty tight competition for the starting job in spring training

These were the facts on the ground when he was drafted by the Oakland A's and offered a $4.8 million signing bonus.

His football record up to that point didn't really hint at parlaying one season at OU into a number one NFL draft pick and $35 million guaranteed.

I thought he was making a dumb decision back then. But it worked out for him.

GOMEZ
Member since Feb 13th 2003
5613 posts
Fri May-10-19 04:12 PM

27. "Young man secured the bag"
In response to Reply # 21

Hopefully he plays as well as he hustled the first part of his career. Even if he doesn't play that well, he secured $5 Mil from MLB, then flipped it to $30 Mil. Fuckin well done, young man.

In a generation of swine, the one-eyed pig is king.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2687458 Previous topic | Next topic