Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2686313

Subject: "AD's pops: I don't want my son with heartless, disloyal Celtics" Previous topic | Next topic
Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Sat Feb-02-19 06:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"AD's pops: I don't want my son with heartless, disloyal Celtics"

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25902808/anthony-davis-sr-want-son-boston-cites-treatment-isaiah-thomas

"I would never want my son to play for Boston after what they done to Isaiah Thomas," Anthony Davis Sr. told ESPN on Friday, referencing the former Celtics star point guard who was traded for Kyrie Irving amid his recovery from a hip injury. "No loyalty. Guy gives his heart and soul and they traded him. I've just seen things over the years with Boston, and there's no loyalty."

Damn. Ainge & his lack of principles starting to affect the franchise's ability to attract stars. Ainge is trying to be the NBA'S Billy Belichick, thinking human capital is expendable. But this ain't the NFL - you need superstars.

Ky bout to be gone too. and GOOD.

-->

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Pretty dumb way to look at it
Feb 02nd 2019
it’s the exact right way to look at it
Feb 02nd 2019
      Lol
Feb 03rd 2019
Rich Paul out here Rich Pauling.
Feb 02nd 2019
RE: Rich Paul out here Rich Pauling.
Feb 03rd 2019

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sat Feb-02-19 07:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Pretty dumb way to look at it "
In response to Reply # 0

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Sat Feb-02-19 09:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "it’s the exact right way to look at it"
In response to Reply # 1

Say he gets traded there and blows out his Achilles next year. Danny wouldn’t even give him an offer.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 10:10 AM

5. "Lol"
In response to Reply # 2

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86672 posts
Sat Feb-02-19 11:35 PM

3. "Rich Paul out here Rich Pauling."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Feb-02-19 11:35 PM by Frank Longo

I don't mind any of this because I would love to see Bron and AD play together, it'd be awesome for basketball... but I imagine that, at some point, the lion's share of GMs are going to get tired of living in collective fear of their star players publicly driving down their trade value and holding their organizations hostage. I don't care about the feelings GMs, but I do wonder how the front offices for teams like the Pelicans will attempt to find ways of protecting organization interest when the next CBA rolls around after Rich Paul forces them into trading AD for Kyle Kuzma and a bag of Funyuns.

Future ownership/labor clashes aside, I hope they get this done sooner rather than later. The playoffs will be a more compelling watch if the Lakers/Bron can truly compete.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Sun Feb-03-19 09:13 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "RE: Rich Paul out here Rich Pauling."
In response to Reply # 3

>I don't mind any of this because I would love to see Bron and
>AD play together, it'd be awesome for basketball... but I
>imagine that, at some point, the lion's share of GMs are going
>to get tired of living in collective fear of their star
>players publicly driving down their trade value and holding
>their organizations hostage. I don't care about the feelings
>GMs, but I do wonder how the front offices for teams like the
>Pelicans will attempt to find ways of protecting organization
>interest when the next CBA rolls around after Rich Paul forces
>them into trading AD for Kyle Kuzma and a bag of Funyuns.

Yep. The next CBA is not going to be fun for a number of reasons. Kevin Durant fucking things up and then the "Rich Paul" effect. I expect measures that will ultimately backfire on the teams who wish to enact them...

>Future ownership/labor clashes aside, I hope they get this
>done sooner rather than later. The playoffs will be a more
>compelling watch if the Lakers/Bron can truly compete.

Especially in seeing that the Warriors aren't as much a slam dunk over LeBron and the Keystone Lakers as thought. Retaining Rondo and adding "F.U." talent makes me think LeBron could beat them (again).

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2686313 Previous topic | Next topic