Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2685977

Subject: "Pittsburgh TV Station Fires Man For Telling Truth (Swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Wed Jan-30-19 12:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Pittsburgh TV Station Fires Man For Telling Truth (Swipe)"

Link: https://deadspin.com/humorless-pittsburgh-news-station-fires-employee-for-gr-1832196594

A Pittsburgh TV station has fired an employee who used a chyron calling Tom Brady a “known cheater” into a broadcast on Monday, SI.com reported.

The offending joke, referring to Brady and his team’s unsavory past, flashed on the screen for two seconds in what was an otherwise rote pre-Super Bowl newscast.

Here’s the statement CBS affiliate KDKA shared with SI.com:

While fans are entitled to have personal opinions, we have a journalistic responsibility to provide unbiased reporting. The graphic that appeared Monday violated our news standards. The individual who created the graphic no longer works for KDKA-TV.

Seems pretty harsh! If you’re the poor soul who lost your job over something this silly, please get in touch and tell us about the weenie KDKA bosses who fired you.

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
That's lame
Jan 30th 2019
Was he or was he not suspended for cheating?
Jan 31st 2019
I was in a small Mexican town once
Jan 31st 2019
Ben Rothlisberger: Known ____________
Jan 31st 2019
RE: Ben Rothlisberger: Known Locker_Room_Cancer?
Jan 31st 2019

The Real
Charter member
14041 posts
Wed Jan-30-19 08:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "That's lame"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 12:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Was he or was he not suspended for cheating?"
In response to Reply # 0

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

smutsboy
Member since Jun 29th 2002
33301 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 09:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I was in a small Mexican town once"
In response to Reply # 0

and ended up talking to a chef about Tom Brady. I had to quickly google how to say "cheater" in spanish.

Important vocabulary lesson for me.

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66757 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 09:33 AM

4. "Ben Rothlisberger: Known ____________"
In response to Reply # 0

Fill in the blank.

I'll wait.

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

T Reynolds
Member since Apr 16th 2007
42804 posts
Thu Jan-31-19 09:38 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "RE: Ben Rothlisberger: Known Locker_Room_Cancer?"
In response to Reply # 4

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2685977 Previous topic | Next topic