Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2681019

Subject: "Is KD wrong? And is he saying the same thing people suspected about.." Previous topic | Next topic
Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 02:31 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Is KD wrong? And is he saying the same thing people suspected about.."

others wanting to play with Kobe?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25460460/kevin-durant-not-sure-lakers-find-star-pair-lebron

Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Kevin Durant says there are challenges to finding LeBron sidekick
ESPN

The Los Angeles Lakers haven't landed a superstar player yet to pair with LeBron James -- and Kevin Durant thinks they may struggle in that effort.

In a recent interview with Bleacher Report, Durant discussed the challenges associated with playing with James.

"It depends on what kind of player you are," Durant told Bleacher Report, which published its story early Wednesday. "If you're Kyle Korver, then it makes sense. Because Kyle Korver in Atlanta was the bulk of the offense, and he's not a No. 1 option at all, not even close. So his talents benefit more from a guy who can pass and penetrate and get him open."

The Lakers have been linked to multiple stars since signing James this past summer. But two All-Stars available on the trade market -- Kawhi Leonard and Jimmy Butler -- both ended up being dealt to teams other than the Lakers.

And despite the attraction of playing in the Los Angeles market, the Lakers are not presently believed to be the preferred destination for top free agents in 2019 like Durant, Leonard and Butler.

"If you're a younger player like a Kawhi, trying to pair him with LeBron James doesn't really make sense," Durant told Bleacher Report. "Kawhi enjoys having the ball in his hands, controlling the offense, dictating the tempo with his post-ups; it's how he plays the game. A lot of young players are developing that skill. They don't need another guy."

Durant also cited the relentless media coverage of James as a potential factor that might discourage a star player from joining forces with the four-time league MVP.

"So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people," Durant said. "He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points.

"So I get why anyone wouldn't want to be in that environment because it's toxic. Especially when the attention is bulls--- attention, fluff. It's not LeBron's fault at all; it's just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball."

Multiple other veteran players discussed the dynamic of playing with James to Bleacher Report.

Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry, a teammate of Leonard's this season, described it as the "LeBron Effect."

"He puts a lot of pressure on you, but he takes a lot of pressure off of you, too," Lowry said. "You know what you're getting. He's earned that, but he's human. If you're a strong enough personality, you can handle it."

Suns forward Trevor Ariza said players similar to James, like Leonard and Thunder forward Paul George, could possibly be marginalized if they join the Lakers.

"Guys similar to (LeBron), why would they want to play with somebody who does all the same things?" Ariza said. "I can see why they would want to play elsewhere."

--- praying for peace, love, and power

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
This is kayfabe that will bite him in the ass later, but he isn't comple...
Dec 05th 2018
seems pretty accurate but he was also
Dec 05th 2018
sound like he been talking to people who know the deal
Dec 05th 2018
Kyrie won a chip with Bron, though. Counter to Durant's point.
Dec 05th 2018
exactly - KD and Kyrie are def of similar mind.
Dec 05th 2018
      Wade and Riley held Bron hand and WALKED HIM to leadership
Dec 05th 2018
           they were on the brink of irrelevant mediocrity.
Dec 05th 2018
                das Cold...
Dec 05th 2018
Dec 05th 2018
                Bron was saved from being an all-time fraud after 2011
Dec 06th 2018
Dec 06th 2018
                Kang's on Mt. Rushmore; is top 3 ATG, without argument.
Dec 06th 2018
                     now THIS is a sice.
Dec 07th 2018
                          Vex in here looking like this:
Dec 07th 2018
                          Top 3 Dookie or top 3 Dookie in the NBA?
Dec 07th 2018
                          RE: now THIS is a sice.
Dec 08th 2018
                               always with the back handed slaps
Dec 09th 2018
                                    RE: always with the back handed slaps
Dec 09th 2018
                                         a lot of them busts were injured
Dec 09th 2018
                A lot of truth ^^^^^^^
Dec 06th 2018
                They saved each other though
Dec 06th 2018
                big facts.
Dec 06th 2018
                RE: they were on the brink of irrelevant mediocrity.
Dec 08th 2018
there's a lot that comes with such unprecedented perennial success
Dec 05th 2018
most people need a break from Finals appearances?
Dec 05th 2018
      yes. not everyone is built for that spotlight hype, year after year.
Dec 05th 2018
      heavy is the head that wears the crown fam.
Dec 07th 2018
there's obviously some truth to what he is saying, but this line...
Dec 05th 2018
KD just keeping padding stats to the biggest bitch in sports title
Dec 08th 2018
      like, he could have gotten away with that in 2011
Dec 09th 2018
Part of the problem with playing with Lebron
Dec 05th 2018
when has this actually happened, in practice:
Dec 05th 2018
That's how it works. Nobody blames Jordan for 1-9 w/out Pippen
Dec 05th 2018
      Not disagreeing.
Dec 05th 2018
      argh....angry Knicks fan
Dec 10th 2018
           Jordan was a stinking loser without Pippen. Cry, wimp.
Dec 10th 2018
                LOL you is a funny nigra with the playground insults, i'll give u that
Dec 10th 2018
                     Pippen led a Jordan-less Bulls to damn near elite status. #DAMN
Dec 11th 2018
water is wet.
Dec 05th 2018
Bwaahaha @ Durant outing himself as a Beta frontrunner
Dec 05th 2018
it's kayfabe. he'll be LeBron's teammate next year
Dec 05th 2018
a 73 win team
Dec 08th 2018
It’s a swerve
Dec 05th 2018
he's not wrong, but that's not his issue.
Dec 05th 2018
he's mad that LeBron has fans.
Dec 06th 2018
dude gotta be livid
Dec 07th 2018
      lol, Spurs had a whole billboard up in celebration
Dec 07th 2018
           dropped the series winner on him TWICE and it's like it didn't happen
Dec 07th 2018
Good LORD that is SO spectacularly true in every way. Wow. n/m
Dec 06th 2018
you see it. he's genuinely confused by how all this works.
Dec 07th 2018
All Facts
Dec 06th 2018
this is it
Dec 07th 2018
KD is pretty beloved out here in the Bay as it stands
Dec 07th 2018
I think he'd be okay with being more beloved than steph
Dec 07th 2018
Eggzacklee (c) Magic Johnson
Dec 07th 2018
+1
Dec 10th 2018
RE: Is KD wrong? And is he saying the same thing people suspected about....
Dec 06th 2018
I dont think hes wrong but
Dec 06th 2018
I liked KD more when he wasn't saying so much
Dec 06th 2018
I'm in this line...
Dec 07th 2018
KD is basically X-Pac now
Dec 07th 2018
The Servant speaks the truth, to an extent
Dec 07th 2018
they will be OK, they will form a big 3 and try to make it work
Dec 08th 2018
btw 15 years later and kobe is still shitting on smush parker lol.
Dec 07th 2018
as he should, LOL
Dec 07th 2018
as he should
Dec 07th 2018
Kobe the only reason I know what Smush look like
Dec 10th 2018
I posted on here YEARS ago about seeing Smush play in The Cage..
Dec 10th 2018

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 02:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "This is kayfabe that will bite him in the ass later, but he isn't comple..."
In response to Reply # 0

I highly suspect this was part of the problem with Kyrie. Those 2 were the new Shaq and Kobe respectfully... and if Donkeylips wasn't a lil punk ass they'd have the same amount of rings together. I digress...

Dwyane Wade's existence kind of nullifies this idea all the same.
He WAS the Heat in a way Kobe was that player for the Lakers. But he didn't really suffer all THAT much playing alongside LeBron.

The "not playing with Kobe" thing was super overblown. I imagine CP3 would have gladly hopped on had he been a free agent and not have the NBA in the way of effing it up.

A lot of people ended up riding the Kobe bandwagon after Pau Gasol came over in that trade. He never had a "Shaq" again, but at least for 2 seasons he really didn't need someone of that exact caliber.

tariqhu
Charter member
17891 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 03:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "seems pretty accurate but he was also "
In response to Reply # 0

talking about some players that kinda fill the same roll. or just work better with the ball in their hands vs off the ball. so it makes sense that those guys or other point guards would have to make big adjustments since Bron won't.

Y'all buy those labels, I was born supreme

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 03:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "sound like he been talking to people who know the deal"
In response to Reply # 0

https://usathoopshype.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/gettyimages-1005669426.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 03:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Kyrie won a chip with Bron, though. Counter to Durant's point. "
In response to Reply # 3

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 04:11 PM

6. "exactly - KD and Kyrie are def of similar mind."
In response to Reply # 3

They both are exceptionally gifted superstars - and they both don't quite embrace everything that comes along w/ the responsibility of leadership.

Both of them love to play the game, but they have the mentality (and have been quoted as saying) that they just want to play the game and go home -- clock in clock out like mentality. They feign laissez-faire and indifference at times as they seem to really have a lot of other interests outside of basketball (though those interests are not very well defined) - but in effect - that indifference is sort of a rejection of the notion that they need to be active leaders and embrace all that comes along with the spotlight of legendary superstardom.

LeBron is not built like that. He embraces everything that comes along with the spotlight: the good, the bad, and everything in between. Basketball is never something he's sort of trivialized to the point where you question his passion for the game. His goal is to still play in the league when his son has a chance to turn pro (meaning he's already envisioned still playing 5/6 years from now). Both Kyrie and KD have hinted at retirement in their early 30's.

LeBron has lived, breathed, and loved the game unconditionally. Kyrie & KD have a very conditional love with the game.

It's just different - and not everyone can stomach being around somebody who strives to such a degree - particularly when they just want to play basketball and be left alone.
-->

Basaglia
49463 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 04:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Wade and Riley held Bron hand and WALKED HIM to leadership"
In response to Reply # 6

You typed a whole lotta nothing.

Kyrie doing to just as leadership with a roster that ain’t scrub-laden with fat niggas and wash outs.

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 04:32 PM

9. "they were on the brink of irrelevant mediocrity."
In response to Reply # 7

Bron saved Miami from being a one-trick pony to now being a stalwart franchise with a glittery legacy. They're lucky Bron decided to go to college in Miami.

>Kyrie doing to just as leadership with a roster that ain’t
>scrub-laden with fat niggas and wash outs.

Kyrie ain't done nothing in Boston - and had nothing to do w/ going to Boston. He got gifted into joining the Celtics - but it's unclear as to whether his presence will even bring them more success than they had last year w/ out him. -shrugs-

Ky has always been special - but he's *somebody* because he was gifted w/ Bron's presence. Without Bron, he ain't even a made-man.

-->

LAbeathustla
Member since Jan 24th 2004
33858 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 04:35 PM

10. "das Cold..."
In response to Reply # 9

>>Ky has always been special - but he's *somebody* because he was gifted w/ Bron's presence. Without Bron, he ain't even a made-man.<<

------------------------------------
2019 CABG Survivor

2016 OK Survivor Champion

be about it or be without it

RIP GOATs

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 07:17 PM

18. "."
In response to Reply # 9
Wed Dec-05-18 07:31 PM by Orbit_Established

(C)Keith Murray, "

Basaglia
49463 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 12:43 AM

23. "Bron was saved from being an all-time fraud after 2011"
In response to Reply # 9
Thu Dec-06-18 12:47 AM by Basaglia

and that series is why he will never be GOAT.

if kyrie EVER averaged 17ppg in an NBA finals, NO MATTER WHO GUARDED HIM, let alone Jason Terry and JJ Barea...

he'd put on on a pure white hakama...

walk bare-chested to halfcourt...

take the blade his father has been carrying around in a beautiful jade and gold case for the last 20 years on the off chance kyrie EVER went out like that much of a bitch and might need it...

and kyrie irving would literally seppuku the shit out of himself.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85073 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 09:30 AM

29. "100"
In response to Reply # 23

<--- Big Baller World Order

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 08:50 PM

34. "Kang's on Mt. Rushmore; is top 3 ATG, without argument."
In response to Reply # 23

So there's that.

Kyrie ain't even top 3 all-time at Duke, let alone top 3 basketball players to ever walk the planet earth.

>he'd put on on a pure white hakama...
>
>walk bare-chested to halfcourt...
>
>take the blade his father has been carrying around in a
>beautiful jade and gold case for the last 20 years on the off
>chance kyrie EVER went out like that much of a bitch and might
>need it...
>
>and kyrie irving would literally seppuku the shit out of
>himself.

He probably should've done that after leading the Cavs to 20-something wins as *the* alpha #1 option.

-->

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 11:11 AM

42. "now THIS is a sice."
In response to Reply # 34

>Kyrie ain't even top 3 all-time at Duke

he's top 3 if not GOAT at Duke

I'd take him over anyone not named Grant Hill

magilla vanilla
Member since Sep 13th 2002
18758 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 04:32 PM

49. "Vex in here looking like this: "
In response to Reply # 42

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Qr82AsNHE78/UHsXKNrUP9I/AAAAAAAAeSY/aFjdyeMv8js/s1600/disciple.jpg

It's one thing to be a Bron fan, and want the guy to do well. Shit, I think he's a generational talent, an all-time great, and an exemplary figure off the court.

But when absolutely everything he does has to be met like the miracle of the bread and fishes? When every failure is someone else's fault? When the accomplishments of teammates have to be diminished in the name of Our Bron and Savior?

That's on some other shit.

---------------------------------
Photo zine(some images NSFW): http://bit.ly/USaSPhoto

"This (and every, actually) conversation needs more Chesterton and less Mike Francesa." - Walleye

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 05:07 PM

51. "Top 3 Dookie or top 3 Dookie in the NBA?"

At Duke, no, definitely not top 3. In the NBA, yeah, definitely top three although you've got to really scrape to find legit NBA stars there still anyway. Him, Hill and I guess Elton Brand would be my top three Duke NBA'ers. But in terms of what he did at Duke, no, I mean you'd have those guys plus Laettner, Hurley, JJ, Williams, et al.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

murph71
Member since Sep 15th 2005
23113 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 09:09 PM

56. "RE: now THIS is a sice."

I'm willing to bet he's talking about top 3 Duke players in college.....

Because I don't have Ky in there....

Top 3 in the Pros? Yeah....But that's a lot easier to be.....

GOAT of his era......long live Prince.....God is alive....

Basaglia
49463 posts
Sun Dec-09-18 06:59 AM

58. "always with the back handed slaps"
In response to Reply # 56

it;s actually not EASY to be top 3 in NBA from Duke. he's just that good.

murph71
23113 posts
Sun Dec-09-18 09:14 AM

59. "RE: always with the back handed slaps"
In response to Reply # 58

Nothing back handed about it....

Everyone knows Duke players historically have not had a great track record as pros....Hell, Kyrie may even go down as the best Duke pro of all time....It's him and G. Hill, a couple of decent players and BUST CITY....

More busts than Morganna......

Basaglia
49463 posts
Sun Dec-09-18 09:50 AM

61. "a lot of them busts were injured"
In response to Reply # 59

johnny dawkins...ACL after look like a future all-star

jay and bobby....accidents

brand...tore his achilles at 28 after being a multi all-star

deng...multi-all star before your medical staff ruined him

so, i don't know who you talmbout that under performed, but you on some bullshit as usual

if it's players like laettner, who made an all star team...and dunleavy and battier, who both played in the L a looooong time as starters on good teams, you can just count me out on a serious debate about this, because you bitches never talk about players who have those same careers but come from UCLA, texas, kansas, cuse...on and on and on...

every school produces busts and i've laid out plenty of times WITH NUMBERS how duke produces way less busts than the vast majority of high majors, but y'all don't really wanna talk about MARYLAND like that...before cal, kentucky threw all kinda trash in the league...and they will do so after cal...hell, they've already resumed that after that recruiting run he had.

i mean, it's gon be 30 years before carolina produces another all-star and old niggas like you who only remember jordan and worthy (jr reid and them niggas don't count tho) just gonna keep giving them passes, while simultaneously wondering why the top kids don't go there no more (because they produce TRASH pros)

if you don't want our busts, enjoy kevon jenkins from kentucky with the 9th pick, nigga.

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 08:58 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
28. "A lot of truth ^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 9

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 10:00 AM

30. "They saved each other though"
In response to Reply # 9
Thu Dec-06-18 10:00 AM by auragin_boi

Bron was on the cusp of being Dr. J in the NBA before Moses or Minny Garnett or Charles Barkley or Patrick Ewing.

If he and Bosh don't go to Miami:

2011-Cleveland loses to Boston or Chicago or they manage to win the east and Dallas beats either in the finals
2012-Cleveland loses to Boston (Rose tore his ACL so it would have been the Celtics considering they took the Heat to 7 this season), Boston likely beats OKC in 6 or 7.
2013-Ray Allen stays because the C's won. Cavs lose to the Celtics or Pacers. I think the Pacers sneak into the finals as the C's age out. The Spurs drag them in 4 or 5 games though.
2014-Pacers rule the east again, lose to the Spurs in a tight 6-7 game series.

At this point, LeBron is 30 is 0-1 in the finals and can't make it out of the East. I'm taking some liberties here (mainly that Clev as a city and Front Office were historically unable to pull prominent enough free agents to play alongside LeBron and would have continued to be inept) but I feel pretty confident that LeBron plus his gang of ragtag sidekicks minus the leadership cues he learned in Miami equals these scenarios. Their draft picks would have been low to high 20's so no Kyrie or Wiggins (to get Love).

I mean:
Washed Shaq
Antwan Jamison
Mo Williams
Delonte West
Big Z
Washed Ben Wallace
Washed Joe Smith
Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Wally Szczerbiak

They sucked at team building. Maybe they get lucky and draft a Tobias Harris, Mirotic or Reggie Jackson, etc. But I doubt Clev would draft well too.

Reeq
Member since Mar 11th 2013
16347 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 12:28 PM

32. "big facts."
In response to Reply # 9

murph71
23113 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 09:06 PM

55. "RE: they were on the brink of irrelevant mediocrity."
In response to Reply # 9

Oh.....

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 03:51 PM

5. "there's a lot that comes with such unprecedented perennial success"
In response to Reply # 0

not everyone is built to endure 8-straight Finals appearances and to constantly be in the mix for a ring. Most need a break or to separate into a more comfy situation.

And that's ok. Both KD and Kyrie are truly exceptional talents - and it takes humility and visionary fortitude to accept that despite your greatness - you'll never be the A-side to LeBron James until the time is ripe via succession (which will be relatively soon).

The superstar with forward-thinking vision will acknowledge this - and will join forces to benefit from GOAT 1(a)'s anomalous impact on the game.

I'm thinking that person will likely be AD.

-->

HecticHavoc
Member since May 13th 2005
7591 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 04:25 PM

8. "most people need a break from Finals appearances?"
In response to Reply # 5

are you high on meth when you post?

-----------------------------------------

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 04:39 PM

11. "yes. not everyone is built for that spotlight hype, year after year."
In response to Reply # 8

-->

Reeq
16347 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 05:46 AM

40. "heavy is the head that wears the crown fam."
In response to Reply # 8

lets not act like vex is speaking some foreign language just to get a potshot in on him.

players have always been open about the grind of constant expectation, extended season after extended season, additional workload with the olympics, etc.

Dstl1
Charter member
56230 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 04:42 PM

12. "there's obviously some truth to what he is saying, but this line..."
In response to Reply # 0

sounds so damn bitchy:
"So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people," Durant said. "He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 08:00 PM

53. "KD just keeping padding stats to the biggest bitch in sports title"
In response to Reply # 12

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Sun Dec-09-18 09:21 AM

60. "like, he could have gotten away with that in 2011"
In response to Reply # 53

but now? after watching his bullshit for the last 2 seasons?

this might be one of the few times I'm like "shut up and dribble" w/r/t a NBA player

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43744 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 05:19 PM

13. "Part of the problem with playing with Lebron"
In response to Reply # 0

Is that he gets the credit when they win, and often the other players get the blame when they lose.

With that said - KD sounds super hurt over...something.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 05:33 PM

14. "when has this actually happened, in practice:"
In response to Reply # 13

>Is that he gets the credit when they win, and often the other
>players get the blame when they lose.

LeBron has been blamed more than any other star in the game's history for Finals losses. People have put the blame front & center (referring to him as Le 3-6) - nobody trolls Kyrie, Wade, Bosh or Love for their shortcomings or lack of availability in the playoffs like they do LeBron.

When the Cavs lost to Boston prior to the Miami era - who got the blame? LeBron

When the Heat lost to the Mavs in the Finals - Bron was the center of the universe of hatred and the blame was heavier on him than any other star in the game's history.

When Wade played like trash in the Finals against the Spurs - nobody really said anything and it's a forgotten memory.

Love's average productivity in the playoffs over the course of multiple playoff runs is a lost memory - even though he didn't play well in the brightest moments. etc.. etc..

-->

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 07:14 PM

16. "That's how it works. Nobody blames Jordan for 1-9 w/out Pippen"
In response to Reply # 13

>Is that he gets the credit when they win, and often the other
>players get the blame when they lose.
>
>With that said - KD sounds super hurt over...something.

That's how being a Mt. Rushmore player works.

Give them good teammates, and they win.

Jordan was awful and an embarrassing loser without
Pippen.

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43744 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 07:17 PM

17. "Not disagreeing."
In response to Reply # 16

But it's part of the reason I'm sure some people think twice about playing with him.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

Beamer6178
Member since Jan 09th 2006
6379 posts
Mon Dec-10-18 02:16 PM

62. "argh....angry Knicks fan"
In response to Reply # 16
Mon Dec-10-18 02:17 PM by Beamer6178

>>Is that he gets the credit when they win, and often the
>other
>>players get the blame when they lose.
>>
>>With that said - KD sounds super hurt over...something.
>
>That's how being a Mt. Rushmore player works.
>
>Give them good teammates, and they win.
>
>Jordan was awful and an embarrassing loser without
>Pippen.

being disingenuous to make a point? how uncharacteristic.

NOBODY ever held 2007 Finals LeBron responsible for getting swept by the Spurs. SIDENOTE: Even THAT LeBron played better than 2011 LeBron.

Archiving wizards can locate it, but the battle cry was "HE NEEDS MORE HELP!!!"

Welp, in 2011 he got it, and he shit and wet the bed.

Your argument is too lame to run down line for line but
MJ getting Pippen in the 4th year of his career is not close to the same scenario. He also got Horace Grant on the team that year, but why let facts get in the way??

What the "MJ never won without Pippen" clowns always conveniently leave out is that Pippen never won without MJ, although he had a well tooled Blazers team that blew a 15 point lead to the Lakers in 2000. That was the time where Pip's leadership and experience SHOULD have sealed the deal, but hence, he wasn't an alpha.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Mon Dec-10-18 04:46 PM

64. "Jordan was a stinking loser without Pippen. Cry, wimp. "
In response to Reply # 62

ver won without Pippen" clowns always
>conveniently leave out is that Pippen never won without MJ,
>although he had a well tooled Blazers team that blew a 15
>point lead to the Lakers in 2000. That was the time where
>Pip's leadership and experience SHOULD have sealed the deal,
>but hence, he wasn't an alpha.

Uh. Nobody said Pippen is a Mt Rushmore great.

And Pippen's Bulls were actually damn fine without
Jordan. Elite-caliber even.

But that has nothing to do with it:

Jordan was a sorry loser until he got Pippen.

Beamer6178
Member since Jan 09th 2006
6379 posts
Mon Dec-10-18 05:40 PM

65. "LOL you is a funny nigra with the playground insults, i'll give u that"
In response to Reply # 64
Mon Dec-10-18 05:44 PM by Beamer6178

So really, Pippen/Grant because they both came on board = suitable talent, because all he needed was some other solid players on the team. Which nobody has ever disputed is needed for a team to win.

The point is, LeBron gets over credited and under blamed, a slippery slope. And the NBA Jordan was one man teaming it with was decidedly more difficult than the one LeBron was "dragging bums" through rounds with.

>ver won without Pippen" clowns always
>>conveniently leave out is that Pippen never won without MJ,
>>although he had a well tooled Blazers team that blew a 15
>>point lead to the Lakers in 2000. That was the time where
>>Pip's leadership and experience SHOULD have sealed the deal,
>>but hence, he wasn't an alpha.
>
>Uh. Nobody said Pippen is a Mt Rushmore great.
>And Pippen's Bulls were actually damn fine without
>Jordan. Elite-caliber even.
Here's where niggas always love to overdo it. Good but not elite. First season they rode a great residual championship wave, had a great structure in place, and almost made it to the Eastern conference Finals, NOT the finals as revisionist overexcited Jordan haters will try to say.

Season 2, that team started treading water, funny thing about that year, HORACE GRANT had left. Kind of important piece, wasn't he?

Of course 55 points got dropped on the Knicks that spring, trying to remember who did it....#hurtlocker

>But that has nothing to do with it:
>
>Jordan was a sorry loser until he got Pippen.
He wasn't a loser and nobody is calling LeBron a loser. He WAS, however, a historically embarrassing CHOKER in 2011. And as soon as you can show me Jordan doing the same in a SIMILAR situation, with two ALL STAR/OLYMPIANS ON THE SAME TEAM, I'll gladly acknowledge your dazzling brilliance.

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Tue Dec-11-18 03:32 PM

68. "Pippen led a Jordan-less Bulls to damn near elite status. #DAMN"
In response to Reply # 65

Jordan couldn't do doggie poo without Pip Elite

(C)Keith Murray, "

BrooklynWHAT
85073 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 06:24 PM

15. "water is wet."
In response to Reply # 0

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 07:32 PM

19. "Bwaahaha @ Durant outing himself as a Beta frontrunner"
In response to Reply # 0

Dude like:

"Fuck Lebron, I"m only gonna join a team with 3
other all-stars and no one playing my position"

Bwahahahhahhhahahhaahha

Dude nice but still

(C)Keith Murray, "

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 08:17 PM

20. "it's kayfabe. he'll be LeBron's teammate next year"
In response to Reply # 19

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 08:02 PM

54. "a 73 win team"
In response to Reply # 19

that his former squad had down 3-1 and folded against.
largely due to his nuttin up in the 4th quarter.

Dude wild

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18637 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 10:10 PM

21. "It’s a swerve"
In response to Reply # 0

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Wed Dec-05-18 10:56 PM

22. "he's not wrong, but that's not his issue."
In response to Reply # 0

KD can't figure out why LeBron gets respect as a man and he doesn't.

and it's because LeBron is the guy who got a huge tattoo across his shoulders that said "Chosen 1" and then left it to you to like that or not.

KD is the guy who got most of his tattoos in places his jersey covers. you just don't know what he's about, and we still don't, so the public doesn't dislike him, but they don't fuck with him like that.

and he doesn't understand why cuz he tried to do all the stuff that they said would make people like him

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 08:08 AM

25. "he's mad that LeBron has fans."
In response to Reply # 22

probably even madder that his fans plummeted after he joined a 73 win team like a new-age Ray Allen

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 12:47 AM

35. "dude gotta be livid"
In response to Reply # 25

he sonned lebron twice in the finals and NOBODY CARES

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 11:26 AM

45. "lol, Spurs had a whole billboard up in celebration"
In response to Reply # 35

KD beats him and it's like...crickets

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 11:40 AM

46. "dropped the series winner on him TWICE and it's like it didn't happen"
In response to Reply # 45

Orbit_Established
52934 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 08:18 AM

26. "Good LORD that is SO spectacularly true in every way. Wow. n/m"

>KD can't figure out why LeBron gets respect as a man and he
>doesn't.
>
>and it's because LeBron is the guy who got a huge tattoo
>across his shoulders that said "Chosen 1" and then left it to
>you to like that or not.
>
>
>KD is the guy who got most of his tattoos in places his jersey
>covers. you just don't know what he's about, and we still
>don't, so the public doesn't dislike him, but they don't fuck
>with him like that.
>
>
>and he doesn't understand why cuz he tried to do all the stuff
>that they said would make people like him
>

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 01:38 AM

36. "you see it. he's genuinely confused by how all this works."
In response to Reply # 26

he got the rings, he beat lebron, he never did anything wrong and ....still not #1.

prolly not #1 on his own team

that shit gotta burn and he doesn't see how to change it

Amritsar
Member since Jan 18th 2008
32093 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 08:55 AM

27. "All Facts"

Especially that last line.. OUCH

He really did everything by the PR book. But the corny just finds a way of shining through

like that Slim Reaper nickname should've stuck.

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 02:31 AM

37. "this is it"

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44717 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 02:51 PM

47. "KD is pretty beloved out here in the Bay as it stands"

No, he doesn't receive the same level of adulation as Steph, but no one will. Steph is probably the most beloved Bay Area sports personality in my lifetime not named Joe Montana.

KD is about the same level of beloved as Klay and Draymond; maybe ***slightly*** below, but that's not a dis to KD. Klay and Dray have played their entire careers here, do a lot of local charity work, have been out and about for years.

KD did all the right things since he got here. People ate up his tour of the Bay via BART. He works with Youth non-profits. Has been a solid citizen. He's just not ever going to be Steph. And he's been okay with that.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Rjcc
Charter member
94964 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 05:31 PM

52. "I think he'd be okay with being more beloved than steph"
In response to Reply # 47

he ain't burning down buildings or anything, but there's a thing there.

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 05:00 PM

50. "Eggzacklee (c) Magic Johnson"

Lowry's comments were on point here btw

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36966 posts
Mon Dec-10-18 03:23 PM

63. "+1"

https://digife.com

hip bopper
Member since Jun 22nd 2003
7385 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 07:58 AM

24. "RE: Is KD wrong? And is he saying the same thing people suspected about...."
In response to Reply # 0

He is right in a sense about no major star wanting to join forces with him. They will never get any shine being on the same team with him. It shows jealousy on the part of the stars in the league, because no other player in the league can go to ANY team and make them a serious contender by themselves. They all want to beat him, so why would they team up with him?

All of these statements are completely false because of who LBJ has won with. He has proved that he can play with a superstar and win. Bron is the brainchild of your organization wherever he goes, and I know that rubs others the wrong way. He is on a very short list of players that have won without a hall of fame coach. Even with all of the talk that Kobe is saying, he is on record for saying that the player that he would’ve like to play with is Bron.

All in all LBJ is in the best situation now because those guys want to play with him. I really hope that no other star wants to go to LA so that he can win with those guys there and further cement his legacy.

AtoZ 0toInfinity
Member since Sep 27th 2008
867 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 12:05 PM

31. "I dont think hes wrong but"
In response to Reply # 0

I think guys look at if they can still play their game with Bron
and some of the FA have skill sets that are slightly redundant
ie Butler, Kawhi, KD

KD success in GS is obvious w/ the overload of talent but I dont think
if KD wasn't versatile enough to be able to spot up, come off screens,
create, play fast and slow it down etc. it probably wouldnt work as
well. Along with Steph willingness to let go of the wheel.
Dude is as selfless as superstars come.

Bron play style isn't as varied. When he plays off ball he just kinda
of makes the pass to another facilitator and stands there which
makes it hard for guys w/ a redundant skill set to figure out how they
fit in.

That your turn my turn shit is wack. I would like to see Bron
operate out of the post more and pick teams apart when the double
comes. Or come off an off ball screen read to pull or dive into the
lane. But he is who he is and he has to have the ball which no one
should have a problem with.

I think he needs an AD type or a pre injury Boogie to complement
his skill set instead of PG, Jimmy, Kawhi type guys maybe a Kemba

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Thu Dec-06-18 01:26 PM

33. "I liked KD more when he wasn't saying so much"
In response to Reply # 0

Kinda funny that he does an interview about Lebron

...but blames the media...

?

Now sit back and watch the media run with the story

Dummie.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

Creole
Charter member
15425 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 10:21 AM

41. "I'm in this line..."
In response to Reply # 33

--- praying for peace, love, and power

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 11:14 AM

44. "KD is basically X-Pac now"
In response to Reply # 33

I died laughing when the ATL fans were heckling him and he was like "shut up and watch the game" and the fans cheered because he acknowledged them

guru0509
Charter member
45356 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 03:08 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
38. "The Servant speaks the truth, to an extent"
In response to Reply # 0

No one wants to go to LA because its Lebron and a bunch of nobodies, with coaching uncertainty looming...

its the lakers so theyll be fine in the long run but for now, theyre stuck between a rock and a hard place

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

ConcreteCharlie
71387 posts
Sat Dec-08-18 10:36 PM

57. "they will be OK, they will form a big 3 and try to make it work"
In response to Reply # 38

I don't see LeBron attached to any of these guys yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see them sign a big name and trade for another this coming summer.

Reeq
16347 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 05:37 AM

39. "btw 15 years later and kobe is still shitting on smush parker lol."
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrDPUIBl3gl/

Dr Claw
132214 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 11:13 AM

43. "as he should, LOL"
In response to Reply # 39

I remember my dude LBs Finest used to write SCREEDS about Smush, just as much as Kobe when he was an active player

BrooklynWHAT
85073 posts
Fri Dec-07-18 02:57 PM

48. "as he should"

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Mon Dec-10-18 05:51 PM

66. "Kobe the only reason I know what Smush look like"

and I've been on the same bball court as that nigga.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

third_i_vision
Charter member
7818 posts
Mon Dec-10-18 06:58 PM

67. "I posted on here YEARS ago about seeing Smush play in The Cage.."

One of the more savage performances I've seen in person. I know, it's just NYC street tournament shit, but it was right before he went to college and I had never heard of this dude. He hopped off the train and walked in during the second quarter, laced up his shoes, checked-in and fucking destroyed everybody. Immediately. The MC kept referring to him as "The Grim Reaper" and I had to ask somebody what the deal was.

Anyway, seeing him not only make the NBA, but to play alongside Kobe, was mind-bending. I was hyping him up to my friends, we'd watch Lakers games and Smush might get a sneaky-good dunk or two, but DAMN Kobe hated "THE GRIM REAPER."

And to dog him at every opportunity, even 15 years later...LMAO!!!

Bowls
http://twitter.com/Bowls615

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2681019 Previous topic | Next topic