Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2671690

Subject: "“Gimme dem pull ups.... BKs rocking knocking on the Rox.” - TRADE" Previous topic | Next topic
TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Thu Aug-30-18 11:35 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"“Gimme dem pull ups.... BKs rocking knocking on the Rox.” - TRADE"

BK Broiler on the Rockets as CP3 insurance?
Sure.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
good luck to him
Aug 31st 2018
Yet he was gonna start in Phx...lol
Aug 31st 2018
And this means he wasn't gonna start in Phoenix?
Aug 31st 2018
      It does...because he never started in Phx lol
Aug 31st 2018
      He started when he got to Phoenix.
Aug 31st 2018
      Seems like a pretty clear indicator, yeah
Sep 01st 2018
by my count the Suns have about 27 Small+Power Forwards now
Aug 31st 2018
can they donate a small or two to Cleveland?
Aug 31st 2018
Good trade for the Rockets.
Aug 31st 2018
so is booker the fulltime PG now?
Aug 31st 2018
HE BETTER NOT BE (c) the entire Suns fanbase
Aug 31st 2018
so develop him.
Aug 31st 2018
      he just doesnt seem to me to be an elite PG
Aug 31st 2018
           bc he has potential to be more than a klay thompson.
Aug 31st 2018
                IMO he is a two, let's not act like 2s are forbidden to handle/make play...
Aug 31st 2018
It really doesnt matter his position. Yellow Mamba gonna have the ball.....
Aug 31st 2018
HMMMM
Nov 28th 2018
      after seeing Bridges starting... i changed my stance
Nov 28th 2018
      telling you, bro. he's more than a klay. he's got harden potential.
Nov 28th 2018
      DAMN, THAT'S A LOTTA TEXT! NOPE!
Nov 28th 2018
      LMAO
Nov 28th 2018
      *dead*
Nov 28th 2018
      here's the part that I zero-ed in on.
Nov 28th 2018
      Yeah... no. They should still get an actual pg.
Nov 28th 2018
      This is the key here:
Nov 28th 2018

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 08:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "good luck to him"
In response to Reply # 0

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 08:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Yet he was gonna start in Phx...lol"
In response to Reply # 0

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 08:15 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "And this means he wasn't gonna start in Phoenix?"
In response to Reply # 2

auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 08:46 AM

4. "It does...because he never started in Phx lol"
In response to Reply # 3

That was easy RBO. I just never saw them having long term plans with him...I was right.

He should do well as a backup for the Rox though. And he'll get some mentoring from CP3 which will help too.

He was going nowhere in Arizona IMO.

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 10:02 AM

7. "He started when he got to Phoenix. "
In response to Reply # 4

Just Google bro. It’s pretty easy.

Mentoring? Lol.... okay fam

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Sat Sep-01-18 02:26 PM

16. "Seems like a pretty clear indicator, yeah"
In response to Reply # 3

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

HecticHavoc
Member since May 13th 2005
7591 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 08:53 AM

5. "by my count the Suns have about 27 Small+Power Forwards now"
In response to Reply # 0

i continue believe there's a plan here

-----------------------------------------

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 12:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "can they donate a small or two to Cleveland?"
In response to Reply # 5

Cedi needs backup

Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43744 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 09:55 AM

6. "Good trade for the Rockets. "
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 12:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "so is booker the fulltime PG now?"
In response to Reply # 0

i hope he gets that shot. i think he's earned it. he's shown some serious playmaking ability out of the P&R.

the way MDA uses harden is pretty much the ideal of what you want out of your point guard/lead guard/playmaker in the modern nba offense: good size, ability to shoot, drive or create after a ball screen, equally comfortable on- or off-ball, a knack for getting to the charity stripe.

booker can become that type of player imo. kokoskov should use him the same way he used doncic for slovenija. surround him with wings and let him get busy.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

HecticHavoc
7591 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 01:19 PM

10. "HE BETTER NOT BE (c) the entire Suns fanbase"
In response to Reply # 9

>i hope he gets that shot. i think he's earned it. he's shown
>some serious playmaking ability out of the P&R.
>
>the way MDA uses harden is pretty much the ideal of what you
>want out of your point guard/lead guard/playmaker in the
>modern nba offense: good size, ability to shoot, drive or
>create after a ball screen, equally comfortable on- or
>off-ball, a knack for getting to the charity stripe.
>
>booker can become that type of player imo. kokoskov should use
>him the same way he used doncic for slovenija. surround him
>with wings and let him get busy.

he got the shot, dude. the team was way worse when he ran the O. he is good enough, absolutely... it just is a trainwreck completely when he runs the offense.

they seem to be surrounding him with 2-way wings... but he just operates better from his natural position. I can be wrong about it, but... seems like all of us do not want him to run point.

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 01:53 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "so develop him."
In response to Reply # 10

he's what, 22?

more time in the role, with better talent around him.

it's his future imo. give him rope. not like yall are playing for wins yet.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

HecticHavoc
7591 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 02:01 PM

12. "he just doesnt seem to me to be an elite PG"
In response to Reply # 11

his perimeter defense is flat out awful. he cant stay in front of 95% point guards in the league.

he's like a shorter skinner Klay Thompson... why turn Klay into a PG?

play to his strengths, dont mold the guy into something else. at least thats my train of thought.

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 02:53 PM

13. "bc he has potential to be more than a klay thompson."
In response to Reply # 12

klay handles like he's wearing oven mitts, and can't playmake to save his life.

booker's ceiling in those areas is way higher. call him a 1 or a 2, whatever, but he should be tasked with some playmaking responsibilities. playing him strictly off the rock is a waste of his game.

as far as defense, i don't care. pair him w someone who can guard. i'm talking about the other end.

___

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 07:16 PM

14. "IMO he is a two, let's not act like 2s are forbidden to handle/make play..."
In response to Reply # 13

I didn't like what I saw out of him running the offense and I think he is very good in the role he was in.

Also, if that is the decision the Suns are making, then bet against it working out. Their track record of late has been hawt ass gahbage, right there with Sac as far as wayward, meandering, worthless organizations. Maybe they fell into some good luck this year in the draft but they can screw that up, too.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Fri Aug-31-18 07:43 PM

15. "It really doesnt matter his position. Yellow Mamba gonna have the ball....."
In response to Reply # 9

in his hands a majority of the time.

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 10:16 AM

17. "HMMMM"
In response to Reply # 9

OK, granted, your mileage may vary when it comes to what’s interesting about the worst team in the NBA. But over the past couple of weeks, first-year head coach Igor Kokoskov has decided to take a much longer look at a lineup featuring Devin Booker as the de facto point guard alongside an extra wing on the court—an alignment my colleagues have considered more than once. As it turns out, the Suns look a whole lot better running things through their franchise centerpiece.

Phoenix has logged 227 minutes this season with Booker on the court without nominal point guards Isaiah Canaan, Elie Okobo, or De’Anthony Melton, according to NBA.com’s lineup data. Nearly all of those no-PG minutes have come in the past two weeks, since Kokoskov elevated rookie swingman Mikal Bridges into the starting lineup; the new first five of Booker, Bridges, Deandre Ayton, Trevor Ariza, and T.J. Warren is a promising plus-12 in 63 minutes, and the Suns are 2-4 in Bridges’s six starts, with wins over the Spurs and Bucks. With Booker on the ball, the Suns have outscored opponents by 4.7 points per 100 possessions. That’s just about the same point differential as the very good Indiana Pacers—whom the Suns hung with until the final minute on Tuesday—have managed on the season, and it is an Incredible Hulk–style leap over Phoenix’s full-season net rating, which is tied for the NBA’s worst.

The fit just makes more sense. Moving Canaan to the bench and handing Booker the reins removes an unnecessary impediment to the Suns getting the ball where they want it on a given possession; as Mike D’Antoni said two years back after naming James Harden the Rockets’ full-time point guard, “Why camouflage it?” It also makes room for Bridges, who has been one of the most effective members of the 2018 draft class out of the gate.

The Suns have been awful defensively this season, but they’ve been significantly better with Bridges on the floor, allowing just 101.6 points per 100 possessions in his minutes. That’s carried over into the new-look starting lineup, which is bigger—another benefit of replacing a (listed at) 6-foot point guard with a 6-foot-7 small forward with a 7-foot-1 wingspan—and more disruptive at the point of attack.

Adding Bridges to the perimeter group of Ariza and Warren allows Kokoskov to station two viable shooters in the corners and one in the slot, creating more space for Booker and Ayton to work in the two-man game. That increases the likelihood that Booker will have either an easy pass to make as he turns the corner toward the paint off the dribble ...

Tony Buckets! pic.twitter.com/QnSTA5WZVn
— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) November 24, 2018

… or room to dribble into a rhythm jumper:

.@DevinBook is already 4-for-4 with 8 points!
pic.twitter.com/ndSihVaNsp
— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) November 25, 2018

Booker’s shooting percentage has dipped when he’s been the lone facilitator, but he’s still scoring at a high clip and dishing more dimes than ever. He’s averaging 31.9 points and 12.8 assists per 100 possessions of no-PG floor time; the only players averaging more than 30 and 10 per 100 this season are Harden and Russell Westbrook.

Going all in on Point Book won’t change Phoenix’s fortunes overnight; there’s just too much for all this youth to learn, especially defensively, for the Suns to suddenly become the superteam Booker hopes to lead. But giving Booker the keys empowers Phoenix’s best player to take ownership of the team, creates more opportunity for the team’s two 2018 lottery picks to share the court, and gives the Suns their best chance of finding a group that can have sustained, replicable success for the first time since Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe partnered up. Continuing to explore a lineup with this kind of potential is the sort of experiment that can turn a season going nowhere into the start of something bigger.​

>i hope he gets that shot. i think he's earned it. he's shown
>some serious playmaking ability out of the P&R.
>
>the way MDA uses harden is pretty much the ideal of what you
>want out of your point guard/lead guard/playmaker in the
>modern nba offense: good size, ability to shoot, drive or
>create after a ball screen, equally comfortable on- or
>off-ball, a knack for getting to the charity stripe.
>
>booker can become that type of player imo. kokoskov should use
>him the same way he used doncic for slovenija. surround him
>with wings and let him get busy.

___

HecticHavoc
7591 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 10:34 AM

18. "after seeing Bridges starting... i changed my stance"
In response to Reply # 17

you were right sir. this team is solid and fun to watch with him running point. TJ Warren has REALLY improved as well.

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 08:29 PM

24. "telling you, bro. he's more than a klay. he's got harden potential. "
In response to Reply # 18

i actually hate the klay/booker comp. it's so lazy and basic, and ppl only do it because they look alike.

sure they're both great shooters, but booker's ballhandling and playmaking analytics as a rookie were better than klay's career bests, and they've only gotten better each year. conversely, klay's a much much better defender.

they actually aren't super similar. he's a lot more like harden, and if he was a dark skinned nigga w a beard more folx would realize it. limiting him to an off-ball catch and shoot guy is a fucking waste. put the pill in his hands, let him take his lumps and learn, and 2-3 yrs from now he could be as good as beard.

___

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 10:57 AM

19. "DAMN, THAT'S A LOTTA TEXT! NOPE!"

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86672 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 12:46 PM

22. "LMAO "
In response to Reply # 19

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85076 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 08:42 PM

25. "*dead*"
In response to Reply # 19

<--- Big Baller World Order

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 11:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
20. "here's the part that I zero-ed in on."

>The fit just makes more sense. Moving Canaan to the bench and
>handing Booker the reins removes an unnecessary impediment to
>the Suns getting the ball where they want it on a given
>possession; as Mike D’Antoni said two years back after
>naming James Harden the Rockets’ full-time point guard,
>“Why camouflage it?” It also makes room for Bridges, who
>has been one of the most effective members of the 2018 draft
>class out of the gate.

I strongly prefer CP3 with the ball on the Rockets but Harden at PG makes a lot of sense in most situations for the reasons noted below:

>>i hope he gets that shot. i think he's earned it. he's shown
>>some serious playmaking ability out of the P&R.
>>
>>the way MDA uses harden is pretty much the ideal of what you
>>want out of your point guard/lead guard/playmaker in the
>>modern nba offense: good size, ability to shoot, drive or
>>create after a ball screen, equally comfortable on- or
>>off-ball, a knack for getting to the charity stripe.
>>
>>booker can become that type of player imo. kokoskov should
>use
>>him the same way he used doncic for slovenija. surround him
>>with wings and let him get busy.

Yes, I'm mad. Let's move on.

Jays | Cavs | Eagles | Sabres | Tarheels

PSN: Dr_Claw_77 | XBL: Dr Claw 077 | FB: drclaw077 | T: @drclaw77 | http://thepeoplesvault.wordpress.com

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 12:25 PM

21. "Yeah... no. They should still get an actual pg."

Book is gonna have the ball in his hands and make plays a lot of the time. But there should always be a pg to facilitate from time to time and get him and the rest of the team easy looks.

Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86672 posts
Wed Nov-28-18 12:47 PM

23. "This is the key here:"
Wed Nov-28-18 12:47 PM by Frank Longo

>The fit just makes more sense. Moving Canaan to the bench and handing Booker the reins removes an unnecessary impediment to the Suns getting the ball where they want it on a given possession; as Mike D’Antoni said two years back after naming James Harden the Rockets’ full-time point guard, “Why camouflage it?”

He needs the ball in his hands anyway. Unless you have a PG who can do more than just give the ball to Booker, no need to play one.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2671690 Previous topic | Next topic