Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2671399

Subject: "Wizards new G-League affiliate is named "Capital City Go-Go"" Previous topic | Next topic
auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Fri Aug-24-18 09:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Wizards new G-League affiliate is named "Capital City Go-Go""

Damn...Chicago really missed their opportunity to name a team the "Windy City Footwork". Which actually works as a basketball team name. LOL

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/your-first-look-capital-city-go-go-roster-after-expansion-draft

Your first look at the Capital City Go-Go roster after the expansion draft

The Wizards’ NBA G League affiliate, the Capital City Go-Go, announced their picks in the 2018 NBA G League Expansion Draft Wednesday.

The team was able to take up to 14 players’ rights from the unprotected pool provided by the other 26 teams in the league, who were able to protect up to 12 players’ rights. The Go-Go could not select more than two unprotected players from each team.

One name you might remember is former Maryland Terrapin Pe'Shon Howard, who transferred from College Park to USC in 2013.

The Go-Go also selected former Wizard Alonzo Gee, who had two stints in Washington in 2010.

Former Notre Dame star Luke Harangody was also taken, who's been playing overseas, but hasn't played in NBA sinced 2012, having spent time with the Celtics and Cavaliers.

Here are the result from the Capital City Go-Go's expansion draft.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Damn when did the G-League grow to nearly 30 teams??
Aug 24th 2018
I think they've made the effort to make a true minor league
Aug 24th 2018

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13192 posts
Fri Aug-24-18 10:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Damn when did the G-League grow to nearly 30 teams??"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Aug-24-18 10:27 AM by Oak27

>The team was able to take up to 14 players’ rights from the
>unprotected pool provided by the other 26 teams in the league

Are some teams affiliated with multiple NBA teams or are there still a few NBA teams without a G-League affiliate?

auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Fri Aug-24-18 12:57 PM

2. "I think they've made the effort to make a true minor league"
In response to Reply # 1

I believe every team now has a farm club. I think that happened within the last year or so. I actually keep tabs on it from time to time through the year.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2671399 Previous topic | Next topic