Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2664986

Subject: "A positive Carmelo Anthony news article in 2018." Previous topic | Next topic
Numba_33
Charter member
19333 posts
Mon Jun-25-18 03:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"A positive Carmelo Anthony news article in 2018."

This has nothing to do with his impending contract decision nor anything else pertaining to basketball.

link: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-metro-bronx-teen-slaying-suspects-carmelo-lala-visit-20180625-story.html

swipe:

Carmelo Anthony visits family of slain Bronx teen as names of six more suspects emerge in machete killing

By Chelsia Rose Marcius and Graham Rayman
Jun 25, 2018 | 2:40 PM

Six suspects in the savage mistaken-ID slaying of a Bronx teen are expected to face an extradition hearing in New Jersey on Tuesday — as NBA star Carmelo Anthony and his wife, La La, visited the victim’s grief-stricken family.

Passaic County Prosecutor Camelia Valdes said the six men allegedly involved in the machete murder last Wednesday of Lesandro (Junior) Guzman-Feliz are Bronx residents Jose Taverez, 21, Manuel Rivera, 18, Danel Fernandez, 21, and Santiago Rodriguez, 24; Jose Muniz, 21, of Paterson, N.J., and Joniki Martinez, 24, of Freeport, L.I.

A seventh suspect, Kevin Alvarez, 19, of the Bronx, was captured by the NYPD and charged with murder, manslaughter, gang assault and assault, authorities said. Another suspect was tracked to the Dominican Republic, and may also be in the process of extradition.

Anthony, a former Knick now with the Oklahoma City Thunder, made an emotional visit with his wife to the apartment of Lesandro’s family Monday. The couple spent about 20 minutes with the slain 15-year-old’s relatives. Anthony gave them a signed white Knicks jersey, a pair of white, orange and blue Air Jordans and an Oklahoma Thunder jersey.

After their visit, the Anthonys came downstairs, got into their Suburban and began to drive off. Lesandro’s sister Genesis, who had not been upstairs, suddenly raced to catch up to them. The couple turned around, and La La Anthony got out to talk with Genesis on Bathgate Ave. for a few minutes.

Genesis and La La then got into the Suburban with Carmelo and they drove a block and a half to a memorial for Lesandro. The three then approached the candlelit tribute. La La hugged Genesis several times, while Carmelo stood in silence for about 10 seconds. The Anthonys then got back into their vehicle as people who had gathered to pay their respects cheered for them.

Genesis declined to say what the Anthonys said to her.

"He was sweet, a very sweet kid, so sweet. I love him,” said Lesandro’s mother, Leandra Feliz. The heartbroken mom declined to further comment as she made her way to a local funeral home for her son’s wake.

Lesandro was dragged from the the Cruz and Chiky Grocery store at E. 183rd St. and Bathgate Ave.in Belmont and hacked to death with machetes.

On Saturday, it emerged that the largely Dominican Trinitarios gang was involved. A member of the Trinitarios told Lesandro’s relatives the gang targeted the wrong person. Surveillance and cell phone video captured the killing. Lesandro desperately tried to shield himself, then ran to St. Barnabas Hospital about two blocks away as blood gushed from his wounds.

Cops were looking into the possibility that the men were seeking to settle a score over a sex tape that’s circulating on social media. The tape shows a teen boy rapping while a second teen boy has sex with a teen girl whose face is covered with a shirt.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Melo is a great, great, iconic leader-athlete.
Jun 25th 2018
Yup. Melo has been very giving with both his money and his time
Jun 26th 2018
Melo and Lala went to the funeral. Any NY Yankees? Yes, I'm being petty....
Jun 26th 2018
in BX too
Jun 26th 2018
goodness, man
Jun 26th 2018
idk if ive seen a thread on this on the site yet so i'll say it here
Jun 26th 2018
I've seen reports
Jun 26th 2018
Man they should charge those ppl too
Jun 26th 2018
      Gotta question if they could’ve locked the doors and called police bef...
Jun 26th 2018
           Honest question...if the workers ain't know the kid
Jun 26th 2018
                I read something where a family member said they knew the kid
Jun 26th 2018
                     If they knew the kid, then yeah
Jun 27th 2018
bro, the description was so much that I refused to try...
Jun 26th 2018

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Mon Jun-25-18 05:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Melo is a great, great, iconic leader-athlete. "
In response to Reply # 0

Always has been

----------------------------

O_E: "Acts like an asshole and posts with imperial disdain"

"I ORBITs the solar system, listenin..."

(C)Keith Murray, "

DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18639 posts
Tue Jun-26-18 08:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "Yup. Melo has been very giving with both his money and his time "
In response to Reply # 1

It’s weird how so many seem to have something personal against him. It’s a bad look though. Melo’s been a fundamentally sound hall of famer just living a good life and being good to people. Why be mad?

On that note, this is a dope IG post from Melo.

http://instagram.com/p/BkgGjpiBfJJ/

Also, Nas talks about food on the new album a LOT. Just an observation.

Orbit_Established
Member since Oct 27th 2002
52934 posts
Tue Jun-26-18 01:41 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Melo and Lala went to the funeral. Any NY Yankees? Yes, I'm being petty...."
In response to Reply # 0

Kid wore a Yankee pinstriped suit dead in his casket

Can the fucking Yankees do something for this and his family,
please.

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35259 posts
Tue Jun-26-18 01:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "in BX too"
In response to Reply # 2

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Tue Jun-26-18 07:39 PM

7. "goodness, man"
In response to Reply # 2

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85076 posts
Tue Jun-26-18 01:47 PM

3. "idk if ive seen a thread on this on the site yet so i'll say it here"
In response to Reply # 0

that security cam footage of that murder is the most sickening shit i have seen in some time.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Numba_33
Charter member
19333 posts
Tue Jun-26-18 02:11 PM

5. "I've seen reports"
In response to Reply # 3

that after he was attacked, the kid went back into the bodega and was refused help by the workers inside. Cold, cold world.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85076 posts
Tue Jun-26-18 07:44 PM

8. "Man they should charge those ppl too"
In response to Reply # 5

<--- Big Baller World Order

DJR
18639 posts
Tue Jun-26-18 08:51 PM

10. "Gotta question if they could’ve locked the doors and called police bef..."
In response to Reply # 8

They said the kid ran in the store trying to hide behind the counter before the attack. Don’t know how long before they came in the store, but if it was long enough for them to have helped.....smh. Sickening story on every single level.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Tue Jun-26-18 09:00 PM

11. "Honest question...if the workers ain't know the kid"
In response to Reply # 10

Are we really expecting them to get in the middle of same gang attack? If it wasn't a case of mistaken identity, I think people's expectation of the Bodega workers would be totally different.

Not really fair to play that hindsight gsme

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

DJR
18639 posts
Tue Jun-26-18 09:36 PM

12. "I read something where a family member said they knew the kid"
In response to Reply # 11

because they lived a block away and the kid had been going in there for years. Who knows though.

I understand not wanting to get themselves involved but If they even sorta knew the kid and had a reasonable amount of time to safely lock the doors.....I don’t know. I hope it wasn’t as cold as they made it sound.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Wed Jun-27-18 05:53 AM

13. "If they knew the kid, then yeah"
In response to Reply # 12

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Dstl1
Charter member
56232 posts
Tue Jun-26-18 07:37 PM

6. "bro, the description was so much that I refused to try..."
In response to Reply # 3

they tried to chop dude to peices...literally.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2664986 Previous topic | Next topic