Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2664887

Subject: "are the Houston Astros the true Analytics that the Houston Rockets aren'..." Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sun Jun-24-18 09:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: are the Houston Astros the true Analytics that the Houston Rockets aren'..."

now i just learned how to spell Analytics and I had this conversation with a Homie as we talked about H Town and sports and I said that while the Rockets talk about it, that the Astros are really the H town that got it down pat and though the Yankees are my Baseball team the Stros got the goods all the way around.

what you say?

Poll result (2 votes)
yeah the Astros are the Golden state of MLB (0 votes)Vote
maybe i gotta see the stros win another rang or two (1 votes)Vote
naw however you got me thinking man (1 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
they both are..the Stros are just younger and better
Jun 25th 2018
what the Astros have done is incredible
Jun 28th 2018
it's insane how much talent has already gone through houston
Jun 28th 2018
Apple/orange comparison
Jun 28th 2018

houston_hardhead
Member since Jan 24th 2010
550 posts
Mon Jun-25-18 12:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "they both are..the Stros are just younger and better"
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------

So i'm smokin on this cactus, bangin Fat Patrick
hustla til i die baby grindin like a savage
pimp game sweet, breakin ankles and feet
cuz these hoes break they toes til they job complete

H-Town made L.A. paid

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35207 posts
Thu Jun-28-18 10:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "what the Astros have done is incredible"
In response to Reply # 0

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

rob
Charter member
23210 posts
Thu Jun-28-18 06:24 PM

3. "it's insane how much talent has already gone through houston"
In response to Reply # 0

and how much is in the minors with nowhere to play. there's no way to keep it from leaking out.

the analytics test is going to be how they decide who to keep and who to trade or let go

j.d. martinez and and the milwaukee trade were disasters. the liriano trade was kind of an unavoidable minor L, too. the other trades/calls have been mutually beneficial....not many heists (cole trade might feel that way now with musgrove losing steam, feliz struggling, and moran merely adequate, but we'll see). they still won the series.

there are guys like reed and fisher, that, like moran, don't seem to fit into the plans any more, but were top prospects within the past two years. can they do anything with that?

marwin and gattis have been huge parts of the success, and two months ago people didn't want to resign them (they didn't even want gattis playing)...is it possible now?

tony kemp is wasted as a 4th/5th OF...anyone out there need a 2B with some flex that is going to make an offer? and does luhnow say yes?

a year ago the debate was whether it was worth throwing $$$$$ at cy young keuchel, now there's a vocal part of the fan base that wants to trade him asap. do they dare? i couldn't make that call.

if they can even get that 75% right over the next two years, thats 90 win-90 win-90 win seasons.

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Thu Jun-28-18 06:38 PM

4. "Apple/orange comparison"
In response to Reply # 0

The depth of analytics in the respective sports is an issue for someone else to address but just think of the application. On one side, you have a star-dominated sport with 12 roster spots and little in the way of team-affiliated minor leagues. In the other you have 25 roster spots plus multiple levels of team-affiliated minor leagues as well as a talent pool with multiple streams of players.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2664887 Previous topic | Next topic