Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2662527

Subject: "NCAA National Championship Women's 4x400m final" Previous topic | Next topic
Walleye
Charter member
15521 posts
Sun Jun-10-18 09:39 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"NCAA National Championship Women's 4x400m final"

Simplest math possible: USC has to win the race for the team title. Please also note Sydney McLaughlin's hellacious third leg for Kentucky.

https://twitter.com/NCAATrackField/status/1005620221757964288

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
whoa
Jun 10th 2018
Put the team on her back doe
Jun 10th 2018
I feel like "teammates on the infield" is a vital 4x400m component
Jun 10th 2018
      I don't know. Purdue's anchor ran a good time...
Jun 10th 2018
           That's true - she had Purdue measured
Jun 10th 2018
SMH. Had to be Purdue. On a brighter note,
Jun 10th 2018
HERE COMES SC. HERE COMES SC. OH MY GOD!
Jun 10th 2018
That call! Hilarious.
Jun 11th 2018
the men's meet was dope
Jun 11th 2018
Rai Benjamin really impressed me
Jun 11th 2018
that 400 hurdles, jeeeeeez
Jun 12th 2018
my wife and I watched it live...
Jun 11th 2018

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85057 posts
Sun Jun-10-18 10:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "whoa"
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Sun Jun-10-18 10:39 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Put the team on her back doe"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Jun-10-18 10:42 AM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

Lol at the Purdue runner's reaction. "What the fuck?!?"

Walleye
Charter member
15521 posts
Sun Jun-10-18 10:51 AM

3. "I feel like "teammates on the infield" is a vital 4x400m component"
In response to Reply # 2

The Purdue runner seemed legitimately cashed, so no real blame on her. But I agree that she didn't see USC coming for her and maaaaaaaaaaybe if she had, might have looked deep down for a bit more.

"Walleye, a lot of things are going to go wrong in your life that technically aren't your fault. Always remember that this doesn't make you any less of an idiot"

--Walleye's Dad

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Sun Jun-10-18 11:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "I don't know. Purdue's anchor ran a good time..."
In response to Reply # 3
Sun Jun-10-18 11:06 AM by PimpTrickGangstaClik

Fast anchor split outside of USC. Maybe she could have run a little bit faster if she knew what was going on behind her.

But I think that walk down was inevitable.
USC anchor ran a world class level split, everyone else was running great college level splits.

I haven't looked into her stats, but I'm pretty sure she's never run anything like that in the past

Walleye
Charter member
15521 posts
Sun Jun-10-18 11:52 AM

5. "That's true - she had Purdue measured"
In response to Reply # 4

USC's 400m domination this year, for both men and women, has been genuinely fun.

--Walleye's Dad

calminvasion
Charter member
12573 posts
Sun Jun-10-18 12:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "SMH. Had to be Purdue. On a brighter note,"
In response to Reply # 0

Chloe Abbott is a very talented, and beautiful, young lady. She finished 5th in the individual 400, ran the first leg that put them in such a great position.

I happened to be at this game, video doesn't do her Justice:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155376740643129&id=45646373128&_rdr

Castro
Charter member
50745 posts
Sun Jun-10-18 02:08 PM

7. "HERE COMES SC. HERE COMES SC. OH MY GOD!"
In response to Reply # 0

That was beautiful.

------------------
One Hundred.

Ceej
Member since Feb 16th 2006
66742 posts
Mon Jun-11-18 08:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "That call! Hilarious. "
In response to Reply # 7

http://i.imgur.com/vPqCzVU.jpg

The3rdOne
Charter member
9105 posts
Mon Jun-11-18 02:50 PM

9. "the men's meet was dope"
In response to Reply # 0

3 records fell....in the rain

Walleye
Charter member
15521 posts
Mon Jun-11-18 04:25 PM

10. "Rai Benjamin really impressed me"
In response to Reply # 9

Nothing against Norman, but I already knew how good he was. Meanwhile, I'd watched the last few Diamond League meets and Abdurahman Samba has been killing folks weekly. Now Benjamin comes through in a college meet and runs a convincing world leader. That's really cool.

Plus, I'm about ready to see somebody challenge Young's 400imH world record. I watch it semi-regularly because he's got such long legs that it looks like cheating. It's awesome, but weirdly hate-able.

--Walleye's Dad

Rjcc
Charter member
94963 posts
Tue Jun-12-18 03:22 AM

12. "that 400 hurdles, jeeeeeez"
In response to Reply # 9

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Mon Jun-11-18 04:29 PM

11. "my wife and I watched it live..."
In response to Reply # 0

I didn't even know the meet was happening, tbh. I was just going through channels at the right time. Saw them with the batons in the starting block area and decided to let it rock. I cannot believe how the USC gal stalked her down like that.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2662527 Previous topic | Next topic