Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2662284

Subject: "How many more titles will GSW win?" Previous topic | Next topic
Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Fri Jun-08-18 11:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Poll question: How many more titles will GSW win?"
Fri Jun-08-18 11:18 PM by Vex_id

It's funny how abruptly a dynasty can come to an end. Yes - on paper it seems like the Warriors are still in their primes and poised for even more title runs - but will the balance of power shift to a more competitive league in what will undoubtedly be an off-season full of redistribution of talent and resources?

Agenda Spectacular Vernacular: it ends tonight.

Poll result (10 votes)
Zero (4 votes)Vote
1 (1 votes)Vote
2 (4 votes)Vote
3 (0 votes)Vote
4 (1 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
barring injury definitely 1, maybe 2.
Jun 08th 2018
one i think...might not even be next year if bron goes to the right team
Jun 08th 2018
They were on the brink of losing this year
Jun 08th 2018
RE: They were on the brink of losing this year
Jun 08th 2018
More than the number of additional titles Lebron will win.
Jun 09th 2018
Two to three.
Jun 09th 2018
i would think.
Jun 09th 2018
i'd say two more
Jun 09th 2018
You mean before a major rebuild?
Jun 09th 2018
Depends on where Kang ends up.
Jun 09th 2018

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85073 posts
Fri Jun-08-18 11:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "barring injury definitely 1, maybe 2."
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

sndesai1
Member since Feb 02nd 2013
1229 posts
Fri Jun-08-18 11:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "one i think...might not even be next year if bron goes to the right team"
In response to Reply # 0

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Fri Jun-08-18 11:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "They were on the brink of losing this year"
In response to Reply # 0

Houston showed the formula - you have to be able to switch 1 to 5 while applying consistent defensive pressure, physicality, and forcing them to expend energy on their own defensive end. Of course it takes a very good team with depth to do it but it’s possible

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85073 posts
Fri Jun-08-18 11:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: They were on the brink of losing this year"
In response to Reply # 3

and that still took the warriors tricking off a game or 2 in that series for it to be competitive.

<--- Big Baller World Order

40thStreetBlack
Charter member
27116 posts
Sat Jun-09-18 12:12 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "More than the number of additional titles Lebron will win."
In response to Reply # 0

Mar-A-Lago delenda est

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44717 posts
Sat Jun-09-18 12:24 AM

6. "Two to three. "
In response to Reply # 0

Next year they should be better than this year. This year was full of injuries and other weird shit. Next year some of the young players should be even better. Plus whatever role players they bring in.

Interesting thing will be after next season. Because then it’s time to start thinking about reloading. Livingston will be gone. Iggy on the last year of his deal. Depends what Klay wants to stay. Durant will be signing his Supermax. It will be key to see how they position themselves from there.

Myers has said he’s got a decade long plan. Fascinating to see what it looks like half way through.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Sat Jun-09-18 02:54 PM

9. "i would think. "
In response to Reply # 6

>Next year they should be better than this year. This year was
>full of injuries and other weird shit. Next year some of the
>young players should be even better. Plus whatever role
>players they bring in.

exactly. hella injuries this year. it brought some other ppl along, so that's a hidden goodness. i'm hyped for what jordan bell can be.

looney did a fantastic job for someone who sat the bench for years and then got thrust into big minutes. he delivered. and with confidence and more work, he can be a good piece.

bye zaza. it's been cool. but he's really not needed anymore.

i would love if they can keep javale. he was huge vs. the spurs. they aint' even use him vs. HOU, but he was very key in the finals in terms of length and physicality and athleticism and activity.

i love what david west brings. don't know that they keep him. but super smart. physical. reliable mid range. excellent low post passer and orchestrator.

my kids know when we watch, how i feel about shaun livingston. all he do is THREE THINGS:

- play good defence
- hit mid-range j's (preferrably off a half-spin),
- and keep a FRESH ASS TAPER.

that's it. guaranteed, that's what you gon get. (he also is great on slipping screens, backdoor cutting and getting business-like dunks.

mccaw? idk. i'm glad to see him come back from injury. idk if there's someone in the draft who can do what he do.

i really love what quinn cook did for them in filling in for steph late in teh season and helping bridge them through the playoffs. i like his game. hope he sticks around.

and iggy -- they were a completely different (worse) team on offense and defense without him. i think that's apparent from tape and they can see that as an organization. hope he stays and can ride it out.

>
>Interesting thing will be after next season. Because then
>it’s time to start thinking about reloading. Livingston will
>be gone. Iggy on the last year of his deal. Depends what Klay
>wants to stay. Durant will be signing his Supermax. It will be
>key to see how they position themselves from there.
>
>Myers has said he’s got a decade long plan. Fascinating to
>see what it looks like half way through.

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sat Jun-09-18 02:24 AM

7. "i'd say two more"
In response to Reply # 0

they are just better than everyone else
and while Houston gave them a scare
they blew there behinds out when it counted the most
and golden state just finds a way to get it done and they should get another ring or two.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Sat Jun-09-18 01:04 PM

8. "You mean before a major rebuild?"
In response to Reply # 0

Depending on where Lebron lands, they can probably eke out another one next year. Max 2 over the next 3 years.

If they want to stretch this into a Spurs-like era of dominance, though, they need to find that next piece to add to their core that's young and hungry.

KD obviously put them over the top, talent-wise, the last 2 years but I think people under-estimate how hungry he still was to prove himself and how that affected the rest of the team.

I think the Warriors original core was already getting complacent with their ring and best regular season ever and let their guard down on LeBron and Kyrie in 2016. They needed someone that was still motivated to push them into that higher gear.

It's like in business... over time, the partners in a successful business invariably get fat and happy and stop doing what got them there. You need an injection of younger partners who are still trying to earn their own name to keep the whole company from eventually getting lazy and falling behind.

I don't think KD stays forever and, even if he does, they need to find that next player that's hungry to join the elite. I don't know if they've got a player like that on the roster already but they obviously need to be focused on finding one. There won't be another gift like Durant so the front office is going to have to earn the right to be considered one of the all-time great organizations.

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14586 posts
Sat Jun-09-18 03:23 PM

10. "Depends on where Kang ends up. "
In response to Reply # 0

I can see one or two over the next three years. If Bron goes to Houston or Boston, I’ll give the Warriors one.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2662284 Previous topic | Next topic