Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2648322

Subject: "Anthony Joshua v. Joseph Parker (Showtime)" Previous topic | Next topic
Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Wed Mar-28-18 10:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Poll question: Anthony Joshua v. Joseph Parker (Showtime)"

Another big, exciting fight in the red-hot Heavyweight Division. This time - a historic unification bout that could be the prelude to AJ-Wilder.

Face Off at final presser was intense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eackkafP5eo

Poll result (2 votes)
AJ by (T)KO (1 votes)Vote
Parker by (T)KO (0 votes)Vote
AJ by UD (0 votes)Vote
Parker by UD (0 votes)Vote
Split-Decision (0 votes)Vote
Draw (1 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Dwyer is taking Parker
Mar 30th 2018
Wilder out here talking about he wants to kill someone in the ring
Mar 30th 2018
I think you're referring to him saying "I want a body on my record"
Mar 30th 2018
      He's probably talking about his Breakfast Club interview yesterday
Mar 31st 2018
It won't be a prelude to AJ-Wilder unless AJ and his promoter change
Mar 31st 2018
They are ducking Wilder imo
Mar 31st 2018
      Of course
Mar 31st 2018
Well shit, Parker came on strong in the 5th
Mar 31st 2018
Halfway through the fight Joshua's offense being nullified
Mar 31st 2018
This ref is garbage. Dude keeps jumping in unnecessarily.
Mar 31st 2018
Parker the first person to take Joshua 12 rounds, although...
Mar 31st 2018
Meh
Mar 31st 2018
Well that went about as expected
Mar 31st 2018
yea i expected Parker to go out on his shield more
Mar 31st 2018
Wilder by (T)KO
Mar 31st 2018
Hell, Ortiz would beat Joshua
Mar 31st 2018
      Facts lol
Apr 01st 2018
Yeah Joshua is overrated. Parker fought well and Joshua
Apr 01st 2018
Parker fought well..
Apr 01st 2018

AlBundy
Member since May 27th 2002
9621 posts
Fri Mar-30-18 11:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Dwyer is taking Parker"
In response to Reply # 0

so its AJ by ko.

-------------------------
�Floyd Mayweather should be taking fights up to 157 or 160 pounds...His frame can hold the weight..it's not even a lot of weight....Go to the gym and lift weights man..lol.�-- Warren Coolidge

Hitokiri
Charter member
22108 posts
Fri Mar-30-18 01:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Wilder out here talking about he wants to kill someone in the ring"
In response to Reply # 0

He need to fucking chill. That shit ain't cool at all.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Fri Mar-30-18 01:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "I think you're referring to him saying "I want a body on my record""
In response to Reply # 2

in the lead-up to Stiverne (2nd fight).

They were both talking extra greasy. Crazy thing is - Wilder almost *did* catch a body with that knock-out, which was brutal and ugly to watch.

Obviously that's going over the edge but I don't think Wilder was being literal. He's extremely animated in the moment at pressers - but you'll notice that after every fight he checks in on the guys and shows respect.
-->

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14018 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 06:50 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "He's probably talking about his Breakfast Club interview yesterday"
In response to Reply # 3

where he said The Bronze Bomber wants to catch a body in the ring, but of course Deontay Wilder would feel bad about it. He was making a distinction between who he is in the ring and who he is outside of the ring, but of course people will take that and run with it... as we can clearly see just happened.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Boogie Stimuli
14018 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 07:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "It won't be a prelude to AJ-Wilder unless AJ and his promoter change"
In response to Reply # 0

their tune.

I'm not sure if anyone's been keeping up with what's been going on with this, but AJ and his promoter (Eddie Hearn) are full of it.
Wilder had agreed to call this fight under the condition that he could get in the ring and face-off with AJ in the event that AJ won (just as fighters traditionally do). But AJ said he wanted extra security to keep Wilder out of the ring, so Wilder decided not.to go all the way to Cardiff for that and instead decided to do a press run here in America. Eddie Hearn was HEATED about this. But why was he heated? He was mad b/c he wanted to set Wilder up in Cardiff. He and AJ have been trying to stall Wilder out by throwing other fighters at him. Dillian Whyte is another fighter signed with Hearn, and they've been saying Wilder needs to fight Whyte in order to "build the AJ fight," which is completely unnecessary. They were going to have Wilder come over there, make it impossible for him to face-off with Joshua, but have Whyte in his face calling him out. Wilder has actually agreed to fight Whyte under the condition that it's on the contract that AJ is the next fight immediately after, but Hearn won't agree to that. Wilder has given them another proposition... if Whyte fights and beats Luis Ortiz, then Wilder will fight Whyte. They won't agree to that either. Wilder is smart for this, because Hearn just wants Wilder to dance to his tunes to stall him out. AJ and Hearn are afraid to fight Wilder, b/c the chance of losing is too big.
Wilder's manager Shelly Finkel has exposed Eddie Hearn twice that I know of (on a podcast called The Boxing Voice and after the Wilder/Ortiz fight), stating that he fails to respond to emails. They actually confronted him in real time on TBV. Hearn even said he doesn't want to deal with Finkel because he's "old school and moves too slow." Now AJ and Hearn are out here lying and saying Wilder is ducking the fight, when even the UK know AJ is the ducker at this point.

But there's a little backstory for yall.
Here's The Boxing Voice interview where Hearn, Wilder, Finkel, and even Tyson Fury called in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ4B85pkg5Q

~
~
~
~
~

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 08:31 PM

12. "They are ducking Wilder imo"
In response to Reply # 5

They don't really want to have to face him. Joshua has a lot of vulnerabilities and I'm not even sure he would beat Fury.

-->

Boogie Stimuli
14018 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 09:48 PM

16. "Of course"
In response to Reply # 12

>They don't really want to have to face him. Joshua has a lot
>of vulnerabilities and I'm not even sure he would beat Fury.

Fury makes Joshua look like a novice by outboxing him and Wilder knocks him out. He had to say their names post-fight to save face. I guarantee it'll be more runaround now tho.

~
~
~
~
~

Boogie Stimuli
14018 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 05:11 PM

6. "Well shit, Parker came on strong in the 5th"
In response to Reply # 0

Funny to see him chasing Joshua's big ass around the ring for a sec, lol.
He landed a nice combination on Joshua too.
Definitely Parker's best round yet.

~
~
~
~
~

Boogie Stimuli
14018 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 05:15 PM

7. "Halfway through the fight Joshua's offense being nullified"
In response to Reply # 0

~
~
~
~
~

Boogie Stimuli
14018 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 05:19 PM

8. "This ref is garbage. Dude keeps jumping in unnecessarily."
In response to Reply # 0

~
~
~
~
~

Boogie Stimuli
14018 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 05:40 PM

9. "Parker the first person to take Joshua 12 rounds, although..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Mar-31-18 05:43 PM by Boogie Stimuli

it probably would've been Takam without the premature stoppage in the 10th.

Awaiting the decision...
since they're in Cardiff, I fully expect Joshua to get the W.
And Joshua wins with some highly questionable scorecards.
It's not unreasonable that he won, but it was a MUCH closer fight than the scorecards indicated.

~
~
~
~
~

calminvasion
Charter member
12575 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 05:42 PM

10. "Meh"
In response to Reply # 0

snacks
Member since Sep 15th 2005
5814 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 06:21 PM

11. "Well that went about as expected"
In response to Reply # 0

Parker is better than I thought, but he didn't do enough to pull out a W over the guy that everyone secretly wanted/expected to win. Joshua looked pedestrian, but ... home cooking. Though I disagree w/ the margin, judges got it as right as could be expected

The Brand Pod
https://www.youtube.com/@themonarchbrand
https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/2023071.rss

The Life Pod
https://www.youtube.com/@thewaterpodcast
https://redcircle.com/shows/the-water-podcast

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 08:59 PM

14. "yea i expected Parker to go out on his shield more"
In response to Reply # 11

He kept fighting off the back foot and never really put his foot on the gas. He had opportunities in this fight with a relatively passive Joshua - but he didn't seem to want to take the necessary risks. In the later rounds he was fighting like he was up on the cards (which he obviously wasn't). Overall a very bland fight for the fans.

-->

Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 08:32 PM

13. "Wilder by (T)KO"
In response to Reply # 0

Joshua has had two fairly pedestrian performances after Wlad brought the best out of him. He's fighting way too defensive and safe right now. Wilder's confidence is surging and is at the peak of his powers after the serious Ortiz test.

-->

Boogie Stimuli
14018 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 09:45 PM

15. "Hell, Ortiz would beat Joshua"
In response to Reply # 13

which is why Matchroom signed Ortiz to keep him away from Joshua, because they see it too.

~
~
~
~
~

isaaaa
Member since May 10th 2007
30565 posts
Sun Apr-01-18 02:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "Facts lol"
In response to Reply # 15

Anti-gentrification, cheap alcohol & trying to look pretty in our twilight posting years (c) Big Reg
http://Tupreme.com

BlassFemur
Member since Mar 26th 2008
10309 posts
Sun Apr-01-18 03:13 PM

18. "Yeah Joshua is overrated. Parker fought well and Joshua"
In response to Reply # 0

fought like he's scared to get hit. Two fights in a row he's underwhelmed against smaller guys. Not a good sign.

https://banafrit.com/
http://middlebrainmedia.com/

Warren Coolidge
Charter member
41998 posts
Sun Apr-01-18 08:35 PM

19. "Parker fought well.."
In response to Reply # 0

could have been more aggressive but Joshua wasn't able to get off much in the fight..

not sure how the judges had Parker losing by 10 rounds..

Joshua and Wilder can happen now.... maybe Parker can angle to get Fury..

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2648322 Previous topic | Next topic