Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2637483

Subject: "Early 2018 NBA free agency chatter..." Previous topic | Next topic
ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Jan-12-18 01:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Early 2018 NBA free agency chatter..."

yeah I know we haven't even hit the All-Star break yet but 2018 free agency is looming and could be epic...

1. Kevin Durant
Player Option

- I can't really think of any reasonable scenario where he leaves the Warriors. I think he and Steph are going to ride it out like Butch & Sundance. The Warriors will continue to fit pieces around those two. With Klay entering his final year it will be interesting to see if they just let him walk or trade him for younger/cheaper players and/or picks? Or will Klay's ego allow him to take less than a max deal to stay?

2. LeBron James
Player Option

- He gone. The question is where? I'm sure he'd love to join the party in GS but the Warriors would have to gut their team to get him and I can't see them doing that because they're already set up to contend for years. There's been talk of him being lured to teams with young talent like the Lakers and Sixers but I feel like Lebron will want a team that will contend immediately and not want to wait on anyone to "develop". I've heard some chatter about Houston, the Clippers might be a dark horse.

3. DeMarcus Cousins
Unrestricted

- some people say he has matured, some say he hasn't. He definitely puts up numbers but can you win with him? It will be interesting to see what the market is for him, I see him taking a big payday from somewhere like Atlanta.

4. Paul George
Player Option

- a lot of people think he's going to the Lakers, but maybe he throws a curve and decides to go to another LA team?

5. Chris Paul
Unrestricted

- his off-season will be interesting, are the Rockets really going to give small, injury-prone, 33-year-old guard a $200mil contract? I can't see it...

6. Isaiah Thomas
Unrestricted

- similar to above, is anybody going to be lining up to offer IT a max deal after this season? Whether Lebron leaves or stays I don't see Cleveland doing that. I feel like the main reason Ainge traded him because he didn't want to have to face that decision.

7. DeAndre Jordan
Player Option

- it will be interesting to see if he wants to be the final piece for a contender or does he just want to get paid? Does he just change locker rooms in the Staples center? I've hear the Buck have show interest in him also....

8. Aaron Gordon
Restricted

- no way Orlando lets him go anywhere...

9. Clint Capela
Restricted

- they're going to have to PAY him, will they?

10. Jabari Parker
Restricted

- no idea

11. Carmelo Anthony
Player Option

- another guy at the crossroads in his career, does he try to go somewhere to get a ring or does he go where he can get the most money? I think his decision will depend a lot on what some of the other guys listed above do...

rankings source: http://hoopshype.com/2018/01/11/nba-free-agency-2018-the-top-players/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Melo isn't getting 28 mil anywhere else in the universe...
Jan 12th 2018
good point but we've seen people do stranger things before...
Jan 12th 2018
      I'm also not convinced PG is automatically gone like most seem to be...
Jan 12th 2018
           PG so gone lol.
Jan 12th 2018
                ok. I disagree, but even if...
Jan 12th 2018
knicks need a pg.
Jan 12th 2018
I feel like Rondo's best days are behind him, IT might be a better fit.....
Jan 12th 2018
      he is and he's had success with hornacek
Jan 12th 2018
           When the dust settles I think IT will have to come off that max...
Jan 12th 2018

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Fri Jan-12-18 01:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Melo isn't getting 28 mil anywhere else in the universe..."
In response to Reply # 0

I think he'll be in OKC next season.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Jan-12-18 01:30 PM

2. "good point but we've seen people do stranger things before..."
In response to Reply # 1

>I think he'll be in OKC next season.

I think without PG there as the clear-cut #2 he could have a nice bounce back year.

But can a guy that seems to enjoy the bright lights of bigger cities be content in Oklahoma City?

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Fri Jan-12-18 01:53 PM

5. "I'm also not convinced PG is automatically gone like most seem to be..."
In response to Reply # 2

not being a blind fan, either. He just doesn't strike me as a guy the needs to be the dude. I think he just wants to play good hoops and be on a team that competes. I think Presti might have a move up his sleeve for the deadline. Either way, if PG bounces, we'll still have money to spend this summer.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85057 posts
Fri Jan-12-18 03:13 PM

8. "PG so gone lol."
In response to Reply # 5

<--- Big Baller World Order

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Fri Jan-12-18 03:58 PM

9. "ok. I disagree, but even if..."
In response to Reply # 8

I dealt with the one of the most lethal scorers in league history and founding players of the franchise leaving...I'm sure I'll sleep ok if PG decides to walk.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59176 posts
Fri Jan-12-18 01:41 PM

3. "knicks need a pg."
In response to Reply # 0

i wish rondo had a jumper.

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Jan-12-18 01:49 PM

4. "I feel like Rondo's best days are behind him, IT might be a better fit....."
In response to Reply # 3

>i wish rondo had a jumper.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59176 posts
Fri Jan-12-18 01:56 PM

6. "he is and he's had success with hornacek"
In response to Reply # 4

but A) we can't afford him B) if somehow we could, i'm scared to give him near max.

Rondo is available every year for like $5 lol

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Jan-12-18 02:13 PM

7. "When the dust settles I think IT will have to come off that max..."
In response to Reply # 6

contract expectation...

>but A) we can't afford him B) if somehow we could, i'm scared
>to give him near max.
>
>Rondo is available every year for like $5 lol

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2637483 Previous topic | Next topic