yeah I know we haven't even hit the All-Star break yet but 2018 free agency is looming and could be epic...
1. Kevin Durant Player Option
- I can't really think of any reasonable scenario where he leaves the Warriors. I think he and Steph are going to ride it out like Butch & Sundance. The Warriors will continue to fit pieces around those two. With Klay entering his final year it will be interesting to see if they just let him walk or trade him for younger/cheaper players and/or picks? Or will Klay's ego allow him to take less than a max deal to stay?
2. LeBron James Player Option
- He gone. The question is where? I'm sure he'd love to join the party in GS but the Warriors would have to gut their team to get him and I can't see them doing that because they're already set up to contend for years. There's been talk of him being lured to teams with young talent like the Lakers and Sixers but I feel like Lebron will want a team that will contend immediately and not want to wait on anyone to "develop". I've heard some chatter about Houston, the Clippers might be a dark horse.
3. DeMarcus Cousins Unrestricted
- some people say he has matured, some say he hasn't. He definitely puts up numbers but can you win with him? It will be interesting to see what the market is for him, I see him taking a big payday from somewhere like Atlanta.
4. Paul George Player Option
- a lot of people think he's going to the Lakers, but maybe he throws a curve and decides to go to another LA team?
5. Chris Paul Unrestricted
- his off-season will be interesting, are the Rockets really going to give small, injury-prone, 33-year-old guard a $200mil contract? I can't see it...
6. Isaiah Thomas Unrestricted
- similar to above, is anybody going to be lining up to offer IT a max deal after this season? Whether Lebron leaves or stays I don't see Cleveland doing that. I feel like the main reason Ainge traded him because he didn't want to have to face that decision.
7. DeAndre Jordan Player Option
- it will be interesting to see if he wants to be the final piece for a contender or does he just want to get paid? Does he just change locker rooms in the Staples center? I've hear the Buck have show interest in him also....
8. Aaron Gordon Restricted
- no way Orlando lets him go anywhere...
9. Clint Capela Restricted
- they're going to have to PAY him, will they?
10. Jabari Parker Restricted
- no idea
11. Carmelo Anthony Player Option
- another guy at the crossroads in his career, does he try to go somewhere to get a ring or does he go where he can get the most money? I think his decision will depend a lot on what some of the other guys listed above do...
5. "I'm also not convinced PG is automatically gone like most seem to be..." In response to Reply # 2
not being a blind fan, either. He just doesn't strike me as a guy the needs to be the dude. I think he just wants to play good hoops and be on a team that competes. I think Presti might have a move up his sleeve for the deadline. Either way, if PG bounces, we'll still have money to spend this summer.
__________________________ wait...y'all goin to Oklahoma???
I took the game by Storm, just to X-Men out - Ab Soul