Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2635458

Subject: "Miguel Sano has been accused of sexual assault" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56227 posts
Thu Dec-28-17 03:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Miguel Sano has been accused of sexual assault"
Thu Dec-28-17 04:00 PM by Dstl1

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/12/28/photographer-says-sano-sexually-assaulted-her

https://twitter.com/BitzyBetsy/status/946407707606740992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mprnews.org%2Fstory%2F2017%2F12%2F28%2Fphotographer-says-sano-sexually-assaulted-her

Photographer says Twins star Sano sexually assaulted her

A local sports photographer said Thursday that Minnesota Twins third baseman Miguel Sano in 2015 grabbed her by the wrist until it hurt, wouldn't let go as she tried to pull away and repeatedly, forcibly tried to kiss her.

Photographer Betsy Bissen described the alleged sexual assault in a Twitter post where she added #metoo, the hashtag women have using to share stories of being sexually harassed or assaulted by politically powerful or famous men.

She said that Sano had been at an autograph signing at an unspecified mall store where she said she volunteered. She said the player had recognized her from Twins games that she had photographed.

After the signing ended, she said Sano pulled her by the wrist to go to a nearby Apple store and that she agreed because she didn't want to make a scene. About 30 minutes later when Sano and his agent planned to leave the mall, she said Sano asked for the restroom and then tried to pull her through the door to the restroom.

She wrote:

I pulled back as he held onto my wrist. It hurt, how badly he was grasping at my wrist, but he wouldn't let go. I wasn't going to give up my fight though. He then leaned down and tried to kiss me, more than once. Every time he did, I said no and kept pulling back. I was in a squatted position with my wrist throbbing. I screamed, no one came to help me.
He finally gave up after a solid ten mins of fighting to pull me thru that door. I don't even want to think of what he may have done had he got me thru that door.

"No, he didn't rape me, but he sure did assault me," she added. "When I said no, it should have been the end of it. He should have respected that and stopped. Instead he hurt me and kept going ... The next day, my body was sore all over from having to fight off this athlete that thought he was entitled to take advantage of me against my will."

Bissen also said she suffered the unwanted pursuits of an unnamed Twins first base coach, a man she described as married and much older who had sought her phone number. She said the coach was no longer with the team.

She said that she had not previously told the Twins of the incident.

According to the website TMZ Sports, Sano denies assaulting Bissen.

"I unequivocally deny the allegation made against me today — it never happened," Sano said in a statement obtained by TMZ Sports. The statement continued: "I have the utmost respect for women, especially those working in professional sports, and I deeply sympathize with anyone who has experienced sexual harassment. There is no place for it in our society."

The Twins issued a statement Thursday afternoon saying the organization takes the allegations "very seriously."

MPR News has reached out to Bissen for further comment. On her Twitter feed Thursday, she said she was declining to talk to media.

Sano is an emerging superstar for the Twins, a young power hitter who was sidelined by injury late last season but who was expected to be ready for the 2018 season. He's been viewed as a cornerstone of the Twins' future.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Sad to hear
Dec 29th 2017
Jose Reyes was suspended for 51 games last year
Dec 30th 2017
He should be suspended
Dec 29th 2017

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Fri Dec-29-17 12:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Sad to hear"
In response to Reply # 0

Obviously, MLB will investigate this. How has MLB handled domestic violence / sexual assaults in the past?

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Sat Dec-30-17 01:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Jose Reyes was suspended for 51 games last year"
In response to Reply # 1

and the suspension was upheld after the charges against him were dropped.

he choked his wife and threw her against a wall or something like that, but she refused to cooperate as a witness.

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Fri Dec-29-17 07:02 PM

2. "He should be suspended"
In response to Reply # 0

Not sure for how long

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2635458 Previous topic | Next topic