Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2634709

Subject: "Dan Lebatard went at Commisioner Manfred's thoak" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56245 posts
Thu Dec-21-17 09:33 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Dan Lebatard went at Commisioner Manfred's thoak"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQDDo_zJ82k

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Can someone explain this to a baseball novice?
Dec 21st 2017
LeBatard being LeBatard.
Dec 21st 2017
I too am a novice, but this is what I got from it:
Dec 21st 2017
I've heard a couple people say the Jeter/Yankees thing...
Dec 21st 2017
best show on espn hands down
Dec 21st 2017

LeroyBumpkin
Charter member
36972 posts
Thu Dec-21-17 09:47 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Can someone explain this to a baseball novice? "
In response to Reply # 0

Is it controversial because people think deep down Jeter is trying to help the Yankees?

https://digife.com

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Dec-21-17 10:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "LeBatard being LeBatard."
In response to Reply # 1

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13199 posts
Thu Dec-21-17 11:51 AM

4. "I too am a novice, but this is what I got from it:"
In response to Reply # 1

Miami conned the city into paying for a new stadium and has since cared little about putting a good product on the field and instead is only focused on profits which has led to trading the only players that bring fans to the ballpark in order to cut back on payroll.

So the Marlins didn't have to pay for a stadium and are profiting thanks to making these cuts. The city of Miami paid for a stadium, aren't getting a cut of the profits of the Marlins org, and are getting a shitty product put on the field.

But like I said, I'm a novice also, but that's the story I got from that interview.

Dstl1
Charter member
56245 posts
Thu Dec-21-17 10:37 AM

3. "I've heard a couple people say the Jeter/Yankees thing..."
In response to Reply # 0

and I don't personally buy that. I mean, the Cardinals got a pretty great deal getting Ozuna...no Jeter connection there. Dan's beef is he feels like MLB has never looked out for the fans of South Florida and they keep getting burned. That's what his thing is in all of this. From the first two owners, to the stadium deal, to this.

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Ill Jux
Member since Jan 19th 2007
14705 posts
Thu Dec-21-17 12:10 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "best show on espn hands down"
In response to Reply # 0

the whole Marlins saga has been crazy for years, it's good to have people with a large platform holding people accountable for the actions of ownership and management.

______

in the memory of NYC upt JUX�

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2634709 Previous topic | Next topic