Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2632191

Subject: ""ben's gonna be a good baller... new, improved LB" ©" Previous topic | Next topic
dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 04:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""ben's gonna be a good baller... new, improved LB" ©"

i know philly's a serious dark horse, but it's my favorite potential bron destination, on some alpha and omega shit. it'd be pretty cool to see him go there and mentor the kid into greatness.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/11/30/lebron-james-ben-simmons-opportunity-be-better#/

Ben Simmons has lived up to the hype so far during his rookie season with the Philadelphia 76ers.

The 6-foot-10 point guard leads all rookies in points (18.7), rebounds (9.5), assists (7.2) and steals (2.1). His size, vision and calm demeanor have caused many to compare his game to LeBron James.

James sees the potential, too, according to a feature story on Simmons from Lee Jenkins of Sports Illustrated: https://www.si.com/nba/2017/11/30/ben-simmons-philadelphia-76ers-lebron-james-the-process

“You have an opportunity,” James told Simmons early on, “to be better than me. But you can’t skip steps. You have to do the work.” Those words helped sustain (Simmons) when he stumbled at LSU and helped fuel him as he rehabbed in Philadelphia. “Is this really going to happen?” he asked himself. He knew, even if others wavered, that it would. Because LeBron said so, and for a prospect of Simmons’s vintage, no endorsement means more. “Part of his greatness,” Simmons says, “is that he wants others to be just as great.”

As a 19-year-old rookie in 2003-04, James averaged 20.9 points, 5.9 assists, 5.5 rebounds and 1.9 steals. He shot 41.7 percent from the field, compared to 51.0 percent for the 21-year-old Simmons.

Simmons, the No. 1 pick of the 2016 NBA Draft, has a long road ahead before reaching the level of James. But early signs are positive, and it's difficult to deny the similarities between their games.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
**IF** he's going to leave, Philly makes more sense than LA
Nov 30th 2017
yeah the what-ifs with philly are kinda crazy if you think about it.
Nov 30th 2017
      calm down dude lol...
Nov 30th 2017
           hell, toss him out completely.
Nov 30th 2017
           the point is Philly had their #1 pick miss the entire season 3 out of 4....
Dec 01st 2017
           Exactly LMAO. I'm like waaaaaaaaaaait
Nov 30th 2017
I'm sticking to my guns in saying I don't believe he's going anywhere
Nov 30th 2017
It would be a hell of a team
Nov 30th 2017
...i kinda don't want him
Nov 30th 2017
I agree. That ain't the wave for Bron to dickride
Nov 30th 2017
C'mon, man. Of course you want him
Nov 30th 2017
You're underestimating how cultish the Process has become
Dec 01st 2017
      That's all well and good to say now. But that would change IF Bron signe...
Dec 01st 2017
           which warriors title do you like the best?
Dec 01st 2017
                Honest answer? Both equally. And that's not a cop out.
Dec 01st 2017
                     you basically just described the Red Wings for me
Dec 02nd 2017
acceptable
Dec 01st 2017
Speak for yourself, I'm here for it
Dec 02nd 2017
Naah. TO came & Iggles went to the bowl. It was a circus. & worth every ...
Dec 02nd 2017

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44688 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 04:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "**IF** he's going to leave, Philly makes more sense than LA"
In response to Reply # 0

(Still not convinced he's leaving tho)

Regardless, even without, the 76ers have the potential to be real dangerous in a couple years, if everyone's health holds.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 04:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "yeah the what-ifs with philly are kinda crazy if you think about it."
In response to Reply # 1

obviously the butterfly effect increases the further you go back, but they realistically could've gone giannis/porzingis/tatum over MCW/okafor/fultz.

imagine THAT team? plus old man bron?? shhheeeit.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 05:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "calm down dude lol..."
In response to Reply # 3

>obviously the butterfly effect increases the further you go
>back, but they realistically could've gone
>giannis/porzingis/tatum over MCW/okafor/fultz.
>
>imagine THAT team? plus old man bron?? shhheeeit.

Are you counting on redshirt years for Giannis & Porzingis to still be in position to get Tatum?

dula dibiasi
21925 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 06:19 PM

6. "hell, toss him out completely."
In response to Reply # 5
Thu Nov-30-17 06:21 PM by dula dibiasi

least essential element of that scenario.

drop them all the way down to late lotto and sub in mitchell. or late 20s and sub in kuzma.

"the song remains the same" ©

>Are you counting on redshirt years for Giannis & Porzingis to
>still be in position to get Tatum?

___

ThaTruth
Charter member
99998 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 05:42 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "the point is Philly had their #1 pick miss the entire season 3 out of 4...."
In response to Reply # 6

seasons, that's the only reason they were in position to keep getting all those high lottery picks.

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51981 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 06:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Exactly LMAO. I'm like waaaaaaaaaaait"
In response to Reply # 5

>>obviously the butterfly effect increases the further you go
>>back, but they realistically could've gone
>>giannis/porzingis/tatum over MCW/okafor/fultz.
>>
>>imagine THAT team? plus old man bron?? shhheeeit.
>
>Are you counting on redshirt years for Giannis & Porzingis to
>still be in position to get Tatum?
>

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

Dstl1
Charter member
56192 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 04:50 PM

2. "I'm sticking to my guns in saying I don't believe he's going anywhere"
In response to Reply # 0

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

josephmurf2384
Member since Nov 21st 2005
5288 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 05:29 PM

4. "It would be a hell of a team"
In response to Reply # 0

I kinda think he might stay in CLE, but who knows. I don't see him going to LA.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 07:18 PM

8. "...i kinda don't want him"
In response to Reply # 0

i know we'd be damn near guaranteed to go to one nba finals, maybe more. i know the chances of that happening without bron are significantly less.

fuck it. i love these guys, i love the Process, i love the vibe around the team right now, and i don't want the Bron Circus to disrupt it.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85002 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 07:28 PM

9. "I agree. That ain't the wave for Bron to dickride"
In response to Reply # 8

Tryna see how embiid Ben saric and resurrected Fultz get on

<--- Big Baller World Order

mrhood75
44688 posts
Thu Nov-30-17 08:48 PM

10. "C'mon, man. Of course you want him"
In response to Reply # 8

If health holds, it's at least a ticket to a couple of Finals and at most a chip or two. You take that. Doesn't matter what process gets you there.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 07:16 AM

11. "You're underestimating how cultish the Process has become"
In response to Reply # 10

The new tagline for the biggest Sixers pod is "the right side of history." We suffered, and now we want to see how far our guys can go. If we want to grab a Klay level player to be the third star, cool, but not somebody who is going to disrupt the Jojo/Ben ascension. We all know this isn't rational in any way, and we don't care.

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

mrhood75
44688 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 06:00 PM

14. "That's all well and good to say now. But that would change IF Bron signe..."
In response to Reply # 11

Any Sixers fan who would discredit a championship that the team could win IF they had LeBron would be really, really dumb. Don't care what talk radio/message board talking points are out there. Winning solves everything.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 06:10 PM

15. "which warriors title do you like the best?"
In response to Reply # 14
Fri Dec-01-17 06:12 PM by bshelly

Obviously titles are amazing, perfect things, and if we won one with bron it would be amazing and perfect. But a large part of me would always wonder if we could have done it with just Joel, Ben, and the rest of our guys.

----
bshelly

mrhood75
44688 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 06:33 PM

16. "Honest answer? Both equally. And that's not a cop out."
In response to Reply # 15

Because I loved both for different reasons.

The first one was great because it was a reward for, at the very least, the better part of two decades of ineptitude that was I'd ever personally seen in a Sport's organization. And it wasn't part of a process, we were just horribly, horribly run. There were times in the late '90s/early '00s that I would have favored contracting the Warriors than playing another season. So to see all that ineptitude get transformed into something beautiful and awesome through home grown talent (Splash Bros., Draymond, Barnes) and a few key signings of veteran role players (Iggy and Bogut) was definitely a highlight of my sports-related life.

The second one was equally great because it is sometimes really inspiring to see a perfectly put together team with two of three best players in the NBA and 4 of the top 15 just maul the competition. It was so satisfying to see that team fire on all cylinders at the right time and know that no one was going to stop us during those play-offs. To know that an absolutely infuriating Finals loss the previous year was the key to setting us up to have the potential to become a dynasty just makes me fucking smile right now.

Closest sport's analogue I can think of the 1994 Niners Team. The fact that it was a "super team" doesn't mean I enjoyed it any less than those other '80s championships.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

cgonz00cc
Member since Aug 01st 2002
35208 posts
Sat Dec-02-17 09:57 AM

18. "you basically just described the Red Wings for me"
In response to Reply # 16

97 title was the reward, 98 was "win one for Vladdy", 2002 was "damn look how much better we are than any team that has ever played"

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132212 posts
Fri Dec-01-17 04:32 PM

12. "acceptable "
In response to Reply # 8
Fri Dec-01-17 04:32 PM by Dr Claw

>fuck it. i love these guys, i love the Process, i love the
>vibe around the team right now, and i don't want the Bron
>Circus to disrupt it.

plus I'm not even being facetious when I call him "LeBen"

if he ain't Bron (no one is), he's gonna be the closest one

please stay healthy Joel

mtbatol
Member since May 22nd 2002
19788 posts
Sat Dec-02-17 09:30 AM

17. "Speak for yourself, I'm here for it"
In response to Reply # 8

That 10 win season is too fresh in some of our minds to NOT consider going all OP at any point in time.

Riot
Member since May 25th 2005
14614 posts
Sat Dec-02-17 12:20 PM

19. "Naah. TO came & Iggles went to the bowl. It was a circus. & worth every ..."
In response to Reply # 8

Minute

If u can fasttrack your route to the finals by 3-4 years, the fanbase will understand

Not to mention it would make up for 1-2 of those years when hinkie was just basically spitballing

And Bron can continue his little bro rivalry wit kyrie

)))--####---###--(((

bunda
<-.-> ^_^ \^0^/
get busy living, or get busy dying.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2632191 Previous topic | Next topic