Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2622640

Subject: "they fired all those ESPN vets for this? " Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79560 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 12:58 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"they fired all those ESPN vets for this? "

https://twitter.com/BarstoolHubbs/status/907436478501937153?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2017%2F09%2F12%2Fespn-sideline-reporter-melts-down-on-monday-night-football%2F

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
u could tell he's a soccer reporter...
Sep 13th 2017
I couldn't tell shit from that clip
Sep 13th 2017
if you watch a lot of soccer it'd be more obvious.
Sep 13th 2017
      i'll take your word cause I refuse to watch more soccer
Sep 13th 2017
lol yes i heard that.
Sep 13th 2017
VANCE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....
Sep 13th 2017
Maybe they reduced salaries to save on costs?
Sep 13th 2017
Cutting costs 101
Sep 13th 2017
Lol, I figured that was obvious.
Sep 13th 2017
nah it was mainly just for appearances to please stockholders
Sep 13th 2017
      how's is that not saving on costs though?
Sep 13th 2017
           it is. but it was basically theater move vs a real cost cutting effort.
Sep 13th 2017
           Talent cuts save costs, but that's not their major outlay or motivation
Sep 13th 2017
                yeah we get all that. Was just saying that the moves to cut costs were
Sep 14th 2017
Well, at least they now have diversity in their broadcasts.
Sep 13th 2017
It was awful and hilarious at the same time
Sep 13th 2017
I missed it in real time but it's definitely a WTF moment
Sep 14th 2017
I'm too lazy to look up his handle
Sep 14th 2017

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 01:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "u could tell he's a soccer reporter..."
In response to Reply # 0

and i love how he was describing what Vance was doing like he was rearing his leg back about to let fly the winning shot of the UEFA Champions League. LOL!

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 01:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I couldn't tell shit from that clip"
In response to Reply # 1

dude just sounded nervous as hell and like the teleprompter was on 100.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 01:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "if you watch a lot of soccer it'd be more obvious."
In response to Reply # 2

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 01:51 PM

5. "i'll take your word cause I refuse to watch more soccer"
In response to Reply # 3

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59176 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 01:44 PM

4. "lol yes i heard that."
In response to Reply # 1

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

Dstl1
Charter member
56226 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 01:54 PM

6. "VANCE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....."
In response to Reply # 1

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEPH!

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

PimpTrickGangstaClik
Member since Oct 06th 2005
15894 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 03:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Maybe they reduced salaries to save on costs?"
In response to Reply # 0

Old talent was demanding too much money

Cenario
59176 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 03:07 PM

8. "Cutting costs 101"
In response to Reply # 7

i mean does anyone watch/not watch a game bc of the sideline reporter?

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

LA2Philly
Member since Oct 18th 2004
41249 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 03:08 PM

9. "Lol, I figured that was obvious. "
In response to Reply # 7

It's a clear financial decision for on a network that has seen its financial health suffer
immensely

---------------------------------
<--The drought is over

"have fun reveling in your pettiness tho" (C) Dula summing up 98% of OKS

"I didnt finish a damn thing...matter of fact I jerked off after she left."
-Kobe speaking to investigators

L D E A

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 03:25 PM

10. "nah it was mainly just for appearances to please stockholders"
In response to Reply # 7

the cut salaries are basically a drop in the bucket. if deadspin aint your cup of tea it's all easily googleable.

http://deadspin.com/espns-latest-layoffs-are-just-a-way-to-buy-time-1794678629

So, then, what was the point? The memo released this morning by ESPN president John Skipper is instructive. It was hollow and buzzword-laden in the precise way that is meant to speak to Disney investors who want to be assured that ESPN is still capable of “navigating changes in technology and fan behavior in order to continue to deliver quality, breakthrough content.” That’s what today appears to have been really about—assuring Disney stakeholders that ESPN is taking things very seriously and is prepared to keep itself lean and competitive. Don’t think too much about how we’re going to continue to pay rights fees with sustained subscriber loss! We’re making cuts! We have a handle on things!

<--- Big Baller World Order

Cenario
59176 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 03:34 PM

11. "how's is that not saving on costs though?"
In response to Reply # 10

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 03:47 PM

12. "it is. but it was basically theater move vs a real cost cutting effort."
In response to Reply # 11

<--- Big Baller World Order

B9
Charter member
43124 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 03:56 PM

13. "Talent cuts save costs, but that's not their major outlay or motivation"
In response to Reply # 11

They have to cover all those broadcast deals that were signed when cord cutting wasn't perceived to be the threat that it has become, when they paid big bucks and signed away their own rights to offer online broadcasts of certain leagues. Cutters both erodes their subscriber base from cable/satellite providers and shrinks their advertising base. The cuts were both to save money but also some horribly directed attempt to woo cutters back, as if some fresh from college, underpaid broadcaster talking about sports gambling or fantasy for 30% of a broadcast was the panacea to entire generations finally saying "fuck cable tv".

Cenario
59176 posts
Thu Sep-14-17 12:59 PM

17. "yeah we get all that. Was just saying that the moves to cut costs were"
In response to Reply # 13

obvious.

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 05:36 PM

14. "Well, at least they now have diversity in their broadcasts. "
In response to Reply # 0

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

icecold21
Member since Jan 18th 2008
8433 posts
Wed Sep-13-17 06:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
15. "It was awful and hilarious at the same time"
In response to Reply # 0

It didn't bother me

legsdiamond
79560 posts
Thu Sep-14-17 12:05 PM

16. "I missed it in real time but it's definitely a WTF moment"
In response to Reply # 15

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Thu Sep-14-17 06:53 PM

18. "I'm too lazy to look up his handle"
In response to Reply # 0

But he released a follow up vid that he owns his slip up in a good way.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2622640 Previous topic | Next topic