Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2620550

Subject: "So all this is about the Cavs trying to get E-Bled and PG for Kyrie?" Previous topic | Next topic
auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Mon Aug-21-17 10:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"So all this is about the Cavs trying to get E-Bled and PG for Kyrie?"

Honestly, that's not a bad deal for the Cavs but it's very risky given Bledsoe's injury history. Still, given healthy, that's a stronger team than the one they trotted out last year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nba-lebron-james-misunderstanding-led-102624949.html

Kyrie Irving’s trade request to Cleveland Cavaliers came after he mistakenly believed LeBron James wanted him out of the team this summer, according to reports.

Irving surprised the basketball world by formally asking the Cavs to trade him, with many believing that he wanted to get out of James’ shadow and become the main man elsewhere.

But, according to Fox’s Chris Broussard, Irving was angered after he thought James wanted him gone to make space for Eric Bledsoe and Paul George in this summer’s draft.

“The final straw as to why he wanted out of Cleveland, or wants out of Cleveland, I’m told the Cavaliers had a deal done heading into the draft. This was reported by Cleveland Scene magazine, no one really picked it up, but I’ve talked to a few people who said it was true,” Broussard said.

This deal, according to Broussard, would have seen Irving move to Phoenix, with Phoenix sending Bledsoe back to Cleveland as well as the number four pick. Cavaliers would, then, send the number four pick to Indiana for George.

“Now, Kyrie Irving finds out about the deal,” Broussard said. “Whether it was from David Griffin telling him after he left or however he found out. But he found out about the deal. And he assumed, he rightly assumed, that there’s no way the Cavaliers are doing this unless LeBron gives consent. That’s why he got mad with LeBron. He thought LeBron was in on it.

“LeBron’s take was more, ‘Look, I’m not trying to trade Kyrie Irving. He’s great. But that’s a heck of a deal—Eric Bledsoe and Paul George. So if you do it, hey, that’s a great deal.’ But Kyrie took it as LeBron wanted him out of there. A few days or a week later that’s when Kyrie made his trade request.”

So could this all be a misunderstanding? Regardless, it seems that the situation has gone too far to be resolved. The problem for Cleveland, however, is that there are some suggestions that James will definitely not be playing for the Cavs by next summer.

Veteran NBA reporter Chris Sheridan claimed last week that James was “100 percent leaving” the Cavs at the end of this season. The relationship with the Cleveland owners, Sheridan said, is beyond repair.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
that ain't nothing but a young jarrett jack and a suped up luol deng
Aug 21st 2017
lol...it might be the Celtics regardless though
Aug 21st 2017
Yeah Celtics going to the finals this year no question
Aug 21st 2017
Lol @ 4th seed
Aug 21st 2017
There's no iteration of Jarrett Jack that was good.
Aug 21st 2017
*gassed*
Aug 21st 2017
sounds like Gilbert & Co. worked on it and then presented it to Bron
Aug 21st 2017
i'll just say this...steph would be guarding the Cavs PG...finally.
Aug 21st 2017
      And there'd be one less defensive liability on the Cavs side of the ball
Aug 21st 2017
           as if steph been dropping 30...sure. We saw what "defense" did to IT2
Aug 21st 2017
people are having their laughs and getting mad...
Aug 22nd 2017
Broussard
Aug 22nd 2017
well, brian "lebron will never play with kyrie" windhorst started this
Aug 22nd 2017

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Mon Aug-21-17 10:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "that ain't nothing but a young jarrett jack and a suped up luol deng"
In response to Reply # 0

i'd STILL take the celtics this year.

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

auragin_boi
Member since Aug 01st 2003
20939 posts
Mon Aug-21-17 10:14 AM

2. "lol...it might be the Celtics regardless though"
In response to Reply # 1

Kira
Member since Nov 14th 2004
28845 posts
Mon Aug-21-17 12:27 PM

3. "Yeah Celtics going to the finals this year no question"
In response to Reply # 1

This Cavs team cannot take an entire season of the indecision mixed with FREE KY as they try to reach the finals. I'm thinking fourth seed and second round exit if we make it that far.

A storybook ending to this would be nice but that's not going to happen.

Cenario
Member since Aug 24th 2005
59181 posts
Mon Aug-21-17 12:36 PM

4. "Lol @ 4th seed"
In response to Reply # 3

-The Knicks’ coaching search still includes a lone frontrunner, Kurt Rambis, whose qualifications for the position include a strong relationship with Jackson and a willingness to take the job.

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon Aug-21-17 02:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "There's no iteration of Jarrett Jack that was good."
In response to Reply # 1

And no version of Luol Deng that was a star.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Mon Aug-21-17 08:03 PM

10. "*gassed*"
In response to Reply # 1

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

LegacyNS
Member since Jan 16th 2004
38095 posts
Mon Aug-21-17 01:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "sounds like Gilbert & Co. worked on it and then presented it to Bron"
In response to Reply # 0

as a bargaining chip to get him to stay.. He might not have been in on it from the beginning.. Who knows..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Aug-21-17 01:49 PM

6. "i'll just say this...steph would be guarding the Cavs PG...finally. "
In response to Reply # 5

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon Aug-21-17 02:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "And there'd be one less defensive liability on the Cavs side of the ball"
In response to Reply # 6

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

Basaglia
49463 posts
Mon Aug-21-17 02:22 PM

9. "as if steph been dropping 30...sure. We saw what "defense" did to IT2"
In response to Reply # 8

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132214 posts
Tue Aug-22-17 06:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "people are having their laughs and getting mad..."
In response to Reply # 0

but ultimately this is about 2018. about cats trying to keep Bron there so much they'd do anything to make it happen.

I never, ever believed the stories about "Kyrie wanting his own team" or whatever the fuck. If LeBron left in '18, that would be happening anyway.

The only thing that is supremely wack about this situation is that no one involved will be forthright about anything. So there's nothing but speculation.

I predict people who pre-burned the Kyrie jerseys will be changing their tune this season.

bshelly
Charter member
71730 posts
Tue Aug-22-17 11:30 AM

12. "Broussard"
In response to Reply # 0

----
bshelly

"You (Fisher) could get fired, Les Snead could get fired, Kevin Demoff could get fired, but I will always be Eric Dickerson.” (c) The God

Basaglia
49463 posts
Tue Aug-22-17 01:06 PM

13. "well, brian "lebron will never play with kyrie" windhorst started this"
In response to Reply # 12

so, all this shit is suspect until something happens.

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2620550 Previous topic | Next topic